Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm has recently been much more vigilent about secrecy. It used to be that details about products would leak long before the actual announcement, but new products like the LifeDrive were kept under wraps successfully. As a result, we can't rely on leaks to predict when the next Treo will come out.

The best way to predict launch dates is to look at Palm's history:
    --- The Treo 300 was released around Sept 2002
    --- The Treo 600 was released around June 2003
    --- The Treo 650 was released around Aug 2004

This indicates that Palm is due for another release... very soon.

I'm expecting something in the next few months, and certainly before Christmas...
    There has been much discussion on this in other threads dedicated to the topic. The latest was that it just may well miss the historical Christmas buying season release for a Q1-2006 release due to Sprint (Nextel) trying to get Touch To Talk on the next release.

Gosh, I hope not.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    There has been much discussion on this in other threads dedicated to the topic. The latest was that it just may well miss the historical Christmas buying season release for a Q1-2006 release due to Sprint (Nextel) trying to get Touch To Talk on the next release.

Gosh, I hope not.

Cheers, Perry.
    i hope that the next treo will have the sprint/nextel ptt.. it was easy for me to put down the nextel i860 for the treo 650 but i do miss the ptt..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Orange UK supposedly has the new Treo with Windows Mobile loaded on it for testing. I also heard Sprint PTT is not very good. Anyone have opportunity to use itwith any of the Sprint phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    i hope that the next treo will have the sprint/nextel ptt.. it was easy for me to put down the nextel i860 for the treo 650 but i do miss the ptt..
    Does ptt require a seperate radio or does such a device use just one cell radio? If it does require a separate radio: I really do not want 4 radios in the same case! (Cell, Bluetooth, WiFi and ptt, if it needs one.)

All I want is a 650 with EV-DO, 64mb internal memory and an SD slot that will handle a 4gb card. Please do not gum up the works, Palm! (Unless you can get it all in there with no conflicts.)

Cheers, Perry.
    they might wait to get PTT on the new treo, but i doubt it will be nextels version. As far as I know Nextel has proprietary radios (ie. not CDMA or GSM) I hate HATE HATE nextels and their annoying bloops, bleeps, and ability to disrupt other electronics (speakers mostly) from 10' away, so I never learned much about their network.

I didnt do the 600 --> 650 upgrade, so really all they have to do is increase the memory to 128, and make the phone respond as quickly as the 600 did (Ive read the response time on the 650 was slow) for me to buy it. I dont need Wifi and I prefer a wired headset.

Wifi as an optional addon card would be nice though, but then I would want 2 SD slots, or some memory integrated to that card.
    That would be nice Perry. I just hope the 'design' is similar to the 650.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Just so you know, Nextel uses radios (and a network called iDEN.) Now to be on topic, I really hope Palm gets out a new Treo before the winter holiday season (can't forget us Jews!) They sure could use the revenue, even if it's just the Sprint model.
    Christmas? You sure?

Click

What about this? Sure throws a monkey wrench into things...Verizon? The last-adopters with a cutting edge phone? Strange...

Hmm
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I just want a phone like Treo 650 with 128 Ram and integraded WiFI... its the only this I miss from my beloved Tungsten C
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    The Treo 650 came out in November! Where do you get August?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    While it is true that we've had a new Treo around Christmas since the 300, the 650 was the first to be released by Palm. Even the 600 started out as a Hanspring release - with their very nice upgrade policy.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    From everything that I have read about this so called Treo 670 so far, I haven't found to much that is really different other than the possibility of WB and possibly a cobalt version as well. No mention of Wifi that I have seen. Can anyone tell me what the alledged specs are on this thing? Since they are making decent sized sd cards, the onboard memory upgrade isn't absolutley necessary for me. It would take Wifi to pry my hands off of my 650. Push to talk definitely would be an added bonus, as I originally gave up my nextel (which all of my friends have) to go with the Treo 600.....thus losing the ability to bump them easily.

Thanks,
    -Happy Treo 650 owner
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I heard something like October 27th of this year!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oahu
    I heard something like October 27th of this year!!
    that's crazy.. ..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Why do you Treo-Date-Dudes always omit the Treo 90 and Treo 270 from your date prediction posts? Not every Treo was announced for sale in the fourth quarter.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    I've read more than one report stating that the next Treo wouldn't hit the market until 2006. So I'm not holding my breath for any announcements.

Besides, I'm with Verizon Wireless, which has released new Treos around June for the last two years. So I don't think they'll be rushing any next-gen Treo to market in Q1.

Just my two cents...

-Dave
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    What advantage does PTT have over paying the extra $5 for unlimited PCS2PCS calling?
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyTang
    Why do you Treo-Date-Dudes always omit the Treo 90 and Treo 270 from your date prediction posts? Not every Treo was announced for sale in the fourth quarter.
    Or how about the 180? Go Monocrome displays!

hehe

Timmay
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    What advantage does PTT have over paying the extra $5 for unlimited PCS2PCS calling?
    PCS2PCS doesnt annoy the hell out of everyone around you. I think that every person in america should be issued a taser, and everytime someone hears that bloop beep sound and has to endure Jethro yelling into his phone, and Bubba yelling back out of the phone, that Jethro should get a minimum of 6 tases instantly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast