Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Full Price unless you are a developer or you get a discount from your carrier.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by acampa01
    PCS2PCS doesnt annoy the hell out of everyone around you. I think that every person in america should be issued a taser, and everytime someone hears that bloop beep sound and has to endure Jethro yelling into his phone, and Bubba yelling back out of the phone, that Jethro should get a minimum of 6 tases instantly.
    AMEN (as long as you add the idiots walking up and down the airport hallways talking as loudly as they can about their earth shattering business deals which I'm sure are "highly confidential!"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    AMEN (as long as you add the idiots walking up and down the airport hallways talking as loudly as they can about their earth shattering business deals which I'm sure are "highly confidential!"
    I've got one even better. My buddy and I eat at a local Hooter's every three weeks or so (San Jose Blvd!!!) and everytime we're sitting out on the deck there are these young college kids sitting in groups, no big deal there. But as sure as Christ was Jewish they inevitably start PTT'ing a group on the other side of the patio! It's the most annoying thing ever. I hope the first thing Sprint does is change that damn "beep beep" noise to a sexy female voice that says "Hey douch-bag redneck! Your git-er-dun buddy wants to talk about something cool like how he felt up his cousin last night!".

That'd shut those bastards up.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Whooey Dr Doom!!! Why, if you were my cousin, I'd marry you!

Seriously though, excellent idea with the sexy female voice. A solution like that needs to be executed and fast... I'm in gainesville for crying out loud!!! (Ahhh).
    Treo 300, was August 2002
    600-October 2003
    650- November 2004
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    The Treo 670 seems to be just about ready for release. It will be before Christmas for sure.

However, regarding the Treo 700, the one next Treo with a Palm OS, does indeed seem to be some ways off. This model for sure will not be released before 2006, maybe not before Q2 or Q3 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLar
    Palm has recently been much more vigilent about secrecy. It used to be that details about products would leak long before the actual announcement, but new products like the LifeDrive were kept under wraps successfully. As a result, we can't rely on leaks to predict when the next Treo will come out.

The best way to predict launch dates is to look at Palm's history:
    --- The Treo 300 was released around Sept 2002
    --- The Treo 600 was released around June 2003
    --- The Treo 650 was released around Aug 2004

This indicates that Palm is due for another release... very soon.

I'm expecting something in the next few months, and certainly before Christmas...
    Don't know about the 300, but the 600 was in October/November 2003 and the 650 in December 2004.

This next one will be prior to xmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo1
    Treo 300, was August 2002
    600-October 2003
    650- November 2004

Thank you

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I used to have nextel a loing time ago.

There is actually a small italian restaurant here that has signs all over the place NO NEXTEL PHONES. obviously because of the PTT annoyance.

However, you may not know, but keeping the "Speaker" on is NOT required.. but everyone doe sit anyway. You can also be "alerted" once and then send the conversation to the handset (still PTT but not outloud).

However, nobody does this
    PTT is too often the ultimate "look at me" device for way too many folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    85% of the world still think talking on a cell phone is like talking into a Campbell's soup can with a string. Everyone I see on a cell phone in public is always speaking above a normal conversational tone. It's not just PTT users...
  12. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Don't know about the 300, but the 600 was in October/November 2003 and the 650 in December 2004.

This next one will be prior to xmas.
    I am not sure why the exact month is so important, but I got my 650 the day before Thanksgiving - and although I was one of the first, I was not the first.
    I don't know about this whole "before Christmas thing." Palm, like RIM and most of the PPC phones keep trying harder and harder to crack the enterprise market, so beating the Christmas rush just isn't too important anymore. Besides, if that is what you were shooting for, you'd have to be ready to ship in quantity BEFORE the Friday after Thanksgiving. Can't see that with so little REAL information out there about the 670.

MadlyAlive:

I agree - it's not just PTT users - in particular, its the "tie & suspenders" hot shots who talk the loudest on their cell phones. Not sure whether its a sense of self-importance, or just a sophisticated version of sharing insider information with the Martha Stewart's of the world.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Treo 650 release date: 25 October 2005 according to this link.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Just trying to fan the flames....take anything an analyst says with a grain of salt. He is probably reading TreoCentral.

----------------------------------------

Palm Rallies As Analyst Upgrades On Strong Treo Sales

LOS ANGELES (Dow Jones) -- Palm Inc.'s stock rallied Tuesday, after a Needham & Co. analyst said sales of the company's Treo smartphones appear to be outpacing previous expectations, prompting him to upgrade the shares. In recent trading, shares of Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Palm (PALM) climbed $1.72, or 5.3%, to $34.09 on volume of 1.7 million. The stock has ranged from $20.75 to $46.65 over the last 52 weeks and had an average volume of 1.1 million over the last 10 trading sessions. Needham analyst Charles Wolf upgraded his stance on Palm's stock to buy from hold, setting a $40 price target, after checks showed strong demand for the Treo device.

"The growth of Treo sales is part of the rapid migration of organizer and mobile phone users to feature rich phones," Wolf said in a note to clients. To be sure, the analyst pointed out that the company's backlog of firm orders for its signature smartphone stood at $214 million at the end of its last fiscal year to May. That equates to around 450,000 units, he said. Industry data also show a sharp rise in shipments of smartphones.

And while company management has remained quiet on the possible introduction of a Treo device using Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT) Windows Mobile operating system, speculation has sprouted it soon may launch just such a device. Wolf expects the company could launch a Treo running Windows Mobile by the first quarter of calendar 2006 or sooner, he said.

"This version of the Treo could materially expand Treo sales into the enterprise because of the popularity of the Windows operating system in this market," he asserted.

Meanwhile, the launch of a Treo model aimed at mainstream customers - something that "could propel a hockey-stick increase in Treo sales" - continues to remain elusive," the analyst commented. "In view of the volume upside such a phone could provide, it's likely that Palm is working on such a device," he offered.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I don't think we'll be seeing a new Treo this year. Based on past experience, we would have already seen the device by now leaked on the rumor sites. I don't think the Treo 670 pics are real. My guess is early 2006. The comments about Sprint wanting to get Nextel's DC on the Treo wouldn't surprise me.

All I want to see in the new Treo is EV-DO. I could care less about other stuff. Everything else is perfect from my perspective.

Joe
    My prediction: a Palm-based Treo is released by Sprint in February, 2006. A Windows Mobile version shortly thereafter.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Just Another Theory:

Sprint took a lot of heat when the 650 came out 13 months after the 600. Upgraders wanted a rebate, but sprint's policy required 18 months for upgrade rebates. Many customers complained, and sprint had to make special allowances to give the rebate to their better customers (me included) who upgraded under the 18 month time frame. It may just be a coincidence, but if the speculation is right, the next treo will come out just about 18 months after the 650. This would solve the problem created by upgraders. Interesting.

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    I don't think we'll be seeing a new Treo this year. Based on past experience, we would have already seen the device by now leaked on the rumor sites. I don't think the Treo 670 pics are real. My guess is early 2006. The comments about Sprint wanting to get Nextel's DC on the Treo wouldn't surprise me.

Joe
    Isn't that exactly what happened?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Isn't that exactly what happened?
    Yes - unless you spent the month of August 05 under a rock.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast