View Poll Results: What will Palm do to ensure the Palm (hardware) platform survives in the future?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue development of Garnet

2 11.76%
  • Pickup development of Cobalt

8 47.06%
  • Adopt Windows Mobile 5

3 17.65%
  • License Macromedia technologies to build Flash based solutions

1 5.88%
  • Build their own network foundation (similar to dot mac services or Blackberry)

2 11.76%
  • Start some other new software venture not listed above

0 0%
  • Purchase a company to give them something else not listed above

1 5.88%
  1.    #1  
    What do you think Palm will do to ensure the demand of Palm hardware in the future?
    Last edited by archie; 08/02/2005 at 09:45 PM.
    Continue to improve on the total user experience of ease, efficiency and utility of the complete hardware and software combination. . . .

64mb and EV-DO in the 700 in the short term, will do me just fine.

(None of the above on the poll.)
    I now have a one track mind and all I want is Slingbox compatibility and WiFi. Give in to the Evil Empire MUWOHAHAHAHAHA .

Make a Palm VM that runs on Windows Mobile and link up with MS to run Windows Mobile on future Treos. You will be assimilated ......
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Continue to improve on the total user experience of ease, efficiency and utility of the complete hardware and software combination. . . .

64mb and EV-DO in the 700 in the short term, will do me just fine.

(None of the above on the poll.)
    That would fall under choice # 1 I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    That would fall under choice # 1 I believe.
    I guess I was thinking more about the supposed Palm/Linux progression.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I guess I was thinking more about the supposed Palm/Linux progression.
    Oh, I'm just talkin' Palm here. I really don't think PalmSource has done much for the Palm platform in the last 2 years and is not in a position to contribute anything for at least another 1 year. The Linux venture is the soul responsibility of PalmSource. Palm does develop software solutions but I don't think they will have anything to do with this.
    WTF? There is no Linux option? Are you kidding?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    WTF? There is no Linux option? Are you kidding?
    THIS poll question asks, "What will Palm do to ensure the Palm hardware platform survives into the future?"

I had thought about doing another poll asking, "What will PalmSource do to ensure the Palm platform survives in the future?" but it would have only one option: "Continue development of Linux based solution".
  9.    #9  
    Sounds like my blabbering source that prompted this poll has now prompted Palm's Jeff Hawkins to come out and reveal what is in the future here:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...s6.html?page=5

and also Palm's CFO Andrew J. Brown to blab about it here:
    http://www.wsw.com/webcast/rbc32/palm/