Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Saw a Treo in a church while i was attending a wedding ceremony! Hallelujah!
    I took mine out to take a picture at my son's soccer game this past Sunday and a guy came over and said, "Don't you love the phone, and it takes the best pictures." I have to agree, it does take great pictures. I also saw one on the coming attractions for the show "The Simple Life" with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.
    Saw one at The W hotel in Chicago when I was checking in.A valet attendant had one.Not exactly the demographic I thought would have it but I don't fit that demographic either.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Everybody uses Treo's nowadays. I saw a lady @ 70 yrs. old with a 650. I would have love to 'talk tech' with her about it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yah! Just watching Smallville and Lex Luther is using a TREO!

It looks like his most important thing, I have seen it in 5 scenes now!

The Treo is making waves
    I was walking the Plaza in K.C. last weekend and while walking past a restaurant looked in and saw a guy showing off his pictures on his 650 to some women. I see so many Treos lately it's amazing. Although, as soon as I bought my car I started noticing everyone having one. I guess we all notice something more once we get one.
    Today's episode of Smallville had a Treo 650 on Lex Luthor's desk.

He's shown talking on it later in the show.

Cool. Seeing product placement like this is a good thing.
    I personally don't cheer the fact that every single thing you do is becoming covered with ads to the point where the ads are actually inside the programming. I have a Tivo in part to get away from that. Fortunately, they haven't figured out how to place ads in documentaries ... yet.
    The Treo is prominantly used in the new show on CBS "Criminal Minds". The female agent who deals with the media uses one (even sent out an email on it during one episode) and the lead profiler uses one.

I don't think it's an ad but rather an example on how technology is increasing in everyday use at home and on the job.
    Josh on the West Wing had a T600 for the longest time, but I seriously doubt it was "product placed." It took a couple of times seeing it before I was 100% sure.

24 was always good at "selling" phones... Halfway (or sometimes more often) Jack Baurer would amazingly end up with a new phone (most often from a new service... The first half of season 2 was Sprint, the second was Nextel), even though its supposedly the "same day"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I know this is a bit off topic but I too saw the Treo and was very excited. But product placement is advertising of the future. Since TiVo users skip commercials marketers are going to have to find a new strategy. 80% of all TiVo users skip commercials according to TiVo. As TiVo and DVR becomes more popular product placement will start happening more and more.

My question, how will they get funny commercials to be placed in the Super Bowl.
    Chole on Smallville has a T650, too, in one of those yellow skin cases. Nice.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I don't think its all ad placement... For the scene in the show they needed a phone, perhaps the actor uses their own or a producers. Just because Palm doesn't pay fr an ad doesn't mean they will take out the scene.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    I don't think its all ad placement... For the scene in the show they needed a phone, perhaps the actor uses their own or a producers. Just because Palm doesn't pay fr an ad doesn't mean they will take out the scene.

Actually, anytime a commercial symbol is recognizable in a media production there are licensing fees involved. This is why you often see t-shirt logos and beer labels blured out on TV shows. If the phone was identifiable as a Treo, the producers either had to pay Palm or Palm OKed it (or Palm paid to have it included for marketing purposes). Either way, Palm had to get involved.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    <merged>
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Saw another Treo 650 on a 2nd episode of Supernatural. Now one of the main characters has one. It's about time, since the characters spend the entire show on the road.... makes sense to me they'd want a better mobile device;-)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Yah! Just watching Smallville and Lex Luther is using a TREO!

It looks like his most important thing, I have seen it in 5 scenes now!

The Treo is making waves

I just saw the same episode. I missed the broadcast but I have a ReplayTV (kinda like a TiVo) and I saw it. Looks like a 650.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    The player's agent in NBA '06 "The Life" on PS2 uses a Treo 650.Its cool Treo's have made the jump to video games.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    I'm sure everyone here who saw the Bourne Supremecy noticed the Treo 300 that the interrogator at the Airport had. Matt Damon made a copy of the SIM in order to listen in on conversations from his car.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)