Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    They're all over the place now in NYC.

I remember when I first got it (T600)...no one had them.

People looked at me and say "you carry that thing around?" (as its bigger than their tiny assed phones)

I didn't get it right when it came out either.
    March '04

I'd like to think I started a fad, but that's just the egotistical maniac in me.

Took our 2 year old daughter to the emergency room... Resident Doctor has a Treo 650, and the pediatric surgeon who did my daughter's surgery when she was 28 days old has a Treo 600... She said it's her second, because the screen keeps freezing up. I recommended the upgrade to the 650..

mG
    The Treo is catching on in the UK.
    When I was looking to buy on a phoned up the local and not so local PC, mobile (cell) phone shops who had it advertised and they said they are like goldust, they did say that recently people have been asking for them.
    I know now since I have one that it is the way forward.
    No more carrying a T3 and Nokia around and having multiple chargers etc.
    Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by GardnerMS
    Took our 2 year old daughter to the emergency room...
    I hope your daughter is okay.
    She is actually in the process of being discharged... She has also been cleared to travel to Florida.... We're going to Walt Disney World... taking the treo and my universal keyboard to update our blog while we're travelling....

http://ourmobileblog.aboutthegardners.com

ciao,
    m
    I work in a busy ER/Trauma Center in DC/MD area. I had the first *snicker* but now, we have 3 Surgeons, 2 ER Docs, a couple of nurses, and 1 tech sporting the Treo. Most versatile piece of equipment in the hospital, IMHO of course
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    What city in Mississippi?
    Gulfport
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    bring back Justice Thomas!!!!
    HAHAHA...Who was the old dude that replaced Justice Thomas? Sorry if I'm ignent for not knowing the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    HAHAHA...Who was the old dude that replaced Justice Thomas? Sorry if I'm ignent for not knowing the answer.
    It was none other than the late John Brown.
    I was having dinner at restaurant in downtown Mountain View, and I had a random encounter with a treo user. I was showing my dinner party friends the kMaps feature on the phone, and the guy asked me how I liked my phone. I didn't actually know he was a fellow palm user and so I started going on about how great the phone is, how versatile it is, how I have a love hate relationship with the phone, etc. I start to go on about some of the apps and he interrupts me and says, "Oh I work for Palm." I ask him what he does and he tells me that he works on the Web browser for the Palm. I respond with, oh you mean the Blazer app? Stunned, he says, "Wow, you actually know the name of the browser?" I tell him, I'm a new Treo user and I've been reading the TreoCentral forum for about a month. I ask him if he reads and he says if he only had time.

In the end, I told him that I love the Palm and that he should continue to keep up the good work. I did ask him about the whole Windows Mobile on Palm devices. He didn't deny the development. He said that at Palm they actually test these applications maily for businesses that want to run Windows only shops. Sounded like a reasonable answer.

And no, I couldn't get any details regarding any new or emerging products from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawong
    ... and he interrupts me and says, "Oh I work for Palm." I ask him what he does and he tells me that he works on the Web browser for the Palm. I respond with, oh you mean the Blazer app? Stunned, he says, "Wow, you actually know the name of the browser?" I tell him, I'm a new Treo user and I've been reading the TreoCentral forum for about a month. I ask him if he reads and he says if he only had time.
    DANG....you shoulda told him they need to fix that caching problem of theres. It never really caches anything on my phone, no matter what settings I have [un]checked...it always re-renders the page!!! Ahh...it looks good, but it doesn't need to do the same thing it JUST did.
    I am Disneyland today and I only saw one Treo user this evening waiting for fireworks display to start.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there's a reality show about the lives of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends in the Playboy mansion, and one of them has a Treo....
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    I was on a flight last month, and in the airport, I saw for the first time more Treos than Blackberries. Of course, I'd just gotten mine, so I was probably looking more for them...
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I'm amazed at how many Treo's are around these days. On my train ride out of NYC I hear that special ring coming from all over.

I even had one ring next to me in the company caf and see people using them on the elevator. I know if my company would support something other than BB for network/e-mail access the # of sightings in my own building would go way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by maitre

My impression is that the people who have them are not just gadget freaks who want the latest toy; they are serious users. They may not be aware of all the Treo's features, but they use the Treo as a serious business tool.
    I get made fun of because I am the gadget freak...I just bought my treo, but to buy it I sold my other camera phone and my sony Clie TJ37...and next week I am getting my new Dell laptop hopefully...I already have a 20 gig (4G) Ipod...My Girlfriend tells me everyday that I have issues...

I heard a Treo while I was in public restroom in Alpharetta, Ga. He was also talking while taking care of business.
    ...that's what text messages and AIM is for...lol
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Gulfport

I'm in Columbus and there are quite a few around these parts.
    a couple of weeks ago the treo made a big cameo on the 4400.

4400 is the sci-fi show on USA network. it is the story of 4400 ppl (well not all of them), that were abducted (at different times) and returned (all at once).

Any how a couple of episodes again a 4400 "terrorist" was using one. It looked GSM, but cant remember if it is a 600 or 650.

The worse part of the episode, was at the end. when she was getting away she tossed the treo into the bushes. eeeeek
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    a couple of weeks ago the treo made a big cameo on the 4400.

4400 is the sci-fi show on USA network. it is the story of 4400 ppl (well not all of them), that were abducted (at different times) and returned (all at once).

Any how a couple of episodes again a 4400 "terrorist" was using one. It looked GSM, but cant remember if it is a 600 or 650.

The worse part of the episode, was at the end. when she was getting away she tossed the treo into the bushes. eeeeek
    That story line has already been done. See here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=ending

I've never seen the show in question, but I a$$ume we are talking about alien abductions?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast