Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    It's interesting...With all the people here from Atlanta, and all the stores in my area selling out of the 650s as soon as they get them, I have never seen another Treo in my area...not one.

I feel so alone...elite, but alone

You are not alone, you have us and T/C!
    I feel so alone...elite, but alone
    Welcome to my world.

Especially the l33t, I mean elite, part.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    You are not alone, you have us and T/C!
    Perry...I can always count on you to make me smile. Sometimes, even giggle...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Get this:

1. Meeting to sell a client's business: both attorneys have treos (600) and the buyer (650) too. Three out of four people in the room had 'em.

2. Property inspection meeting: buyer (600), attorney (650) and realtor (600) all had Treos!

My impression is that the people who have them are not just gadget freaks who want the latest toy; they are serious users. They may not be aware of all the Treo's features, but they use the Treo as a serious business tool.

JPG.
    I heard a Treo while I was in public restroom in Alpharetta, Ga. He was also talking while taking care of business.

Christinac130: I see Treos literally every day here in Alpharetta when I'm out at restaurants. I also see spaceships land in my backyard every now and then too.
    I still don't know the Atlanta area very well. I don't really like it enough to explore. But, I think Alpharetta is about 45 minutes from me. I'm in one of the small northwest suburbs. I would think I'd see lots of them when out on Barrett Parkway or in Buckhead, but I don't.

But, see? There are so many people here, on TC, from this area and I still don't ever run into a Treo...
  7.    #27  
    Take a day trip to the airport and people watch!
    I am right off of 400 and Exit 8. I am not a big fan of Atlanta myself and would love to go back to TEXAS!!!

My office alone, there are constant streaming noise of Treo ringtone since there are over 20 Treos.
    I saw a whole bunch of them in the phone replacement line at the Sprint Store!!!

(Actually, I'm not kidding). There were 3 other Treo owners in line with me when I had to get mine replaced.

But I have seen a dramatic increase in Treos in all locations. We had a party over the weekend, and other than me, my two brother-in-laws, two of their friends, and my father-in-law (all Treo owners), I saw two other Treos. Almost all 650s.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I can echo VJ. I see them daily: in Alpharetta and when I'm on the road. Strangely, when I ask, none of the people I've are in our TC family. Leads me to believe the TC community is just scratching the upper surface of the total Treo ownership.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Take a day trip to the airport and people watch!
    I was married to a pilot for almost 10 years. My son was on a 100 flights before his 1st birthday. I've had my fill of airports...
  12.    #32  
    I was married to a pilot for almost 10 years. My son was on a 100 flights before his 1st birthday. I've had my fill of airports...
    Sorry about dredging up the old memories , my thought was, if you are in search of Treos, the airport has been my most fertile hunting ground.
    They're actually very pleasant memories, we were able to see a different city every week...

But, airports and children are not a nice mix (with the exception of the kid-friendly ones, like Pittsburgh). Flying stand-by leaves you open to a lot of airport downtime. I would have killed for a Treo back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by vjslater
    I also see spaceships land in my backyard every now and then too.
    Where do you live?? Are they using Treos to communicate with you?

If you would be so kind, send them to my house next. My son would go ape if he ever got to see one.
    Where do you live?? Are they using Treos to communicate with you?

If you would be so kind, send them to my house next. My son would go ape if he ever got to see one.
    Just sent a text message ....

McTreo: Yeah, I have had many discussions on planes, at the airports, and around Alpharetta area with Treo owners .... 90% of the time, they are using it right out of the box. Then I go through my "demo" and then point them to TC.
    Please point them to the manual first .

And tell them when they are done with that book that came with the Treo then check out TC .
    One day, I was going down the elevator, and there was another guy in it too. I heard the familar sound of the Treo 650 ringtone for my significant other. I went to answer my Treo, and said hello to my significant other, but nobody was there. The guy in the same elevator, as it turns out, also answers his Treo 650 too, and says hi to his wife.

As we walked out the door, I showed him my Treo, and told him I thought it was my own Treo ringing me. He told me it was his wife ringing him on his Treo.

I couldn't believe we both assigned the same ring tone for our signficant other person! We both got a laugh from this.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ok, I gotta ask cause I've assigned one to mine as well. Which ringtone?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Please point them to the manual first .

And tell them when they are done with that book that came with the Treo then check out TC .

bring back Justice Thomas!!!!
    I was on I-85 today and saw a kid talking on a T300 .

OK, I don't want an uprising or anything . I'll bring Justic Thomas (Pin Point, GA's finest) back .
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast