Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I saw a 650 on law and order tonight. a kid was being arested and as he was telling his friend to call his parents, the friend was video taping him. A good 5 seconds of exposure to get teens who watch the show to say hey I need a phone like that.
    Robin Williams was on the David Letterman show, just a few minutes ago, touting his new-found soberiety. Reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his unit.

Looked to be a 650 Sprint, or? Was only for a moment, before they went to commercial.
    Last edited by Perk; 10/10/2006 at 02:17 AM.
    "There is, absolutely, everything no one can do about it."
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well I'm an E-4 in the military and was studying some powerpoints on my treo while waiting at medical. An O-4 ended up sitting right next to me and looking through some of his emails on a treo, neither of us said anything though.

It's actually getting a lot more common for me to see higher up military Officers having a Treo on their belt clip. Just not where I work as there are no cell phones allowed and no coverage anyways. Too bad that I can't get hooked up with synchronizing work emails/outlook on my Treo though.
    Everyone on dirt seems to have one.

and Rich Trethewey, the plumber on This Old House Shows, has one this season.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Last Thursday, on the new episode of Scrubs, the Janitor had one. He didn't know who it belonged to, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Last Thursday, on the new episode of Scrubs, the Janitor had one. He didn't know who it belonged to, though...
    yes, and on his to/do list was find the person it belong to.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I've seen decent exposure on general hospital for the 650 in the past week. I've also seen the iphone on that same show.
    The second season of Top Chef on Bravo all of the contestants had treo's, but couldn't tell what model they where.
    The second season of Top Chef on Bravo all of the contestants had treo's, but couldn't tell what model they were.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    The second season of Top Chef on Bravo all of the contestants had treo's, but couldn't tell what model they were.
    I watched every episode and it was hard to tell which model they were using but if I had to guess, I'd guess they were 700ps..

As for the series, I think Sam should have won, either him or Elia. I was flabbergasted when they were both booted in the second to the last episode. When it came down to the final shoot-out, I think Marcel should have won the grand prize. He was far more inventive than Ilan. What I really would like to have seen was the head judge, Tom Coliccio, SHOW the chefs he eliminated how HE would have made their dishes that caused them to "pack your knives and leave." What an arrogant jerk.

By the way, I don't live in the part of high society where people pay huge money to eat the kind of food these chefs prepared, and some of them were obviously a lot more talented than others, but a lot of the judges' decisions were really from left field. Watching every episode, some of them multiple times, I felt like I got to know a lot of the contestants and really felt bad for them (especially Mia and Betty) when they were eliminated. I read a lot of the backstory and blogs about the show on Bravo's site.. I wanted to know who that Padma chick was and found out she's basically the only "super model" to ever come out of India, and that she's married to Salmon Rushdie.. lucky him, but she wasn't much more than window dressing on the series despite having published a couple of cook books..

And Bravo left a LOT of footage on the cutting room floor.. after they marched the contestants in and either congratulated them or chastized them, the judges would banter back and forth then there was always a quick cut to "well I guess we've made our decision" but you never got to see WHY they made the decisions they made as to who to keep and who to show the door..

Anyway, despite the "drama" of all the other chefs disliking him, I still think Marcel should have won the final competition, (their decision to pick Ilan in the final episode seemed to me to be completely arbitrary..) .. although in the grand scheme of things, as an objective observer who doesn't know much from gourmet food or its planning and preparation, I still think that Sam was probably the "Top Chef" of the whole bunch, although he had all the personality of a fence post..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    the fox tv show "bones" has one. looks like the 700p. and on 24, david palmer sister uses one.
    sorry for the double post
    Jack Bauer finally gets his treo
    here are the pics
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jacktreo1.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jackTreo2.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jacktreo3.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jacktreo4.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jacktreo5.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/jacktreo6.jpg

His first app is the memo app. He really should be using TreoMemo
    How ironic, a 21 century super agent on the bleeding edge of hi-tech is using an application that was built in like 1997 or was it even 1996 that the memo app came out.
    Last edited by tj8212; 02/19/2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Jesus Camp - Ted Haggard uses one during a sermon.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    i just saw jack using a 700p on tonights "24".

i wonder how he saves the world without an update. if plam cared thay would release it already. lol. all our lives out are at stake.
    Yeah, Jack Bauer has been using a Treo off and on for several years now.

In other TV news, "Andy Barker, PI" used a Treo last night to take a picture of some information on a clipboard in a truck outside the chicken factory...
    Mario Batali has a 650

Lil' Wayne has a 650

Kanye West made a reference to Palm and the Treo in the song "Wouldn't Get Far"
    I think I saw that Jon Stewart on the Daily Show had one. He did a bit where he "answered" his phone, and it looked to me like a 650 or something.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Mario Batali has a 650

Lil' Wayne has a 650

Kanye West made a reference to Palm and the Treo in the song "Wouldn't Get Far"
    the pics of lil wayne here http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...etting_fr.html