Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Gangsters can't understand Treos? That's funny.
    i better reason would be, that they are criminals and having a "paper trail" on your phone.

the following in in "code"

8am: meet with big t. (dont forget to kiss the ring)
    9:30am: pick up that stuff from that guy.
    11:40am: sell the stuff to the other guys in brooklyn
    1pm-1:15 lunch with wife.
    1:30pm-3:00 lunch with what her name
    4:00 oprah.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Was watching Entourage last night and Ari was talking on a Verizon T650.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Saw a one of the women on 'How to Get the Guy' on ABC using one. It was funny b/c she is a lawyer using the t650 but she was using a wired headset with it. You would have thought that if she was tech savvy enought to get a 650, she would have opted for a BT headset instead of a wired one.
    Not when the Blew-tooth works as bad as it does on the 650.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Not when the Blew-tooth works as bad as it does on the 650.
    I guess your mileage will vary b/c the BT works fine on my Cingular 650 using a Plantronics 640 and Moto HS850 (though this one became a backup 6 months ago when I got the 640).
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy
    I guess your mileage will vary b/c the BT works fine on my Cingular 650 using a Plantronics 640 and Moto HS850 (though this one became a backup 6 months ago when I got the 640).
    come on Pee-boy, the 650 Btooth sux. are you sure its not just wishful thinking that its great? i am sure its the same cr*p we all have dealt with.
    I tried several including the HS850 with static results. Good for you though.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I tried several including the HS850 with static results. Good for you though.
    Do you get decent voice quality with the 850? I have one and never use it because the microphone is buried in my cheek all the time...no one can hear me well -- no matter how I adjust the "arm". I guess maybe I should lose 150lbs, eh?
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    The other day, I watched a movie called "An Inconvenient Truth" starring Al Gore, the would-be president. The movie is about global warming and its consequences...pretty scary content actually! If the icecaps melt in Antartica and/or Greenland, Manhattan and San Francisco will be under water...but I digress!

During one scene, while Al was working on his presentation on his Apple laptop, he answered a call on his Treo. It was clearly a Treo, as you can see the familiar camera lens/mirror and antenna. At one point, Al puts down his Treo, and it looked like a Cingular model Treo, based on the color. He didn't do anything particularly special with his Treo, just simply answered a phone call for about 20 seconds.

I now have slightly more respect for Al Gore, just on the fact he's a Treo user! Actually, Al seems to be pretty technology saavy from what I can tell in the movie. Conversely, I can't imagine George Bush holding a Treo up to his ear! I've never seen Bush do anything that I would consider technology saavy! Again, I digress!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Saw a one of the women on 'How to Get the Guy' on ABC using one. It was funny b/c she is a lawyer using the t650 but she was using a wired headset with it. You would have thought that if she was tech savvy enought to get a 650, she would have opted for a BT headset instead of a wired one.
    Check out my review on the front page of TC about UmeVoice's theBoom wired headsets. Check out their site too. You try one of these, you'll be a believer.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    My first son had his "graduation" from kindergarten on Friday. Myself and another kid's mother were taking video and photos using our 650s.

I have heard Treos ringing in restaurants, but haven't seen the newb who chose to not change the default Treo ringtone.
    *sigh*

My sighting: at work. I HAD a Treo 650 when it first came out, and I was the ONLY one in the office with one. But over time I kinda got fed up with it (reboots, lack of EvDO, and it just not doing what I wanted, really). After a while with a Blackberry, I gave up altogether and went "commando" (no PDA), just a basic cellphone, and using my workplace's SunOne calendar, which is web based.

Today, I have a meeting. It wraps up and we're picking dates for the next meeting. What does everyone pull out? There were three Treo 650s, a 700w, a 700p, a PPC-6700, a palm T|X, a Tungsten E2, and me... with paper.

I'm *really* giving the 700p a good look-over. I never thought I would consider going back to a PDA, heh.
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 06/26/2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: my typing sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    *sigh*
    I'm *really* giving the 700p a good look-over. I never thought I would consider going back to a PDA, heh.

I can just imagine it must have been embarrassing! How can you live with yourself?

What's next, a quill pen and ink jar? Juuuuust kidding!

Yes, give the new 700p a try, and you can redeem yourself with your coworkers.
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 06/27/2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Another citing; I was watching The Girls Next Door today on E! and Destiny, the 20yr old Playmate had a Cingular T650.
    Michael Vick today at Lenox Square mall in Atlanta talking on a 700w.

I am a Flight Attendant for United Airlines and I see more Treo phones on my flights than any other smartphone devices!
    treo 650 at Karmons Cancer Insitute a group of 7doctors,6students,4nurses all on their treo 650's comparing,taking or beaming notes.
    In the movie failure to Launch with Sarah Jessica Parker, She had either a 600 or 650 she was pulling from her purse. Probably her personnal phone used for a movie prop...hmmm
    Last edited by KStewart; 07/05/2006 at 03:59 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Can everyone here actually tell the difference between the 650 and the 700p in just a couple seconds? I've never even seen a 650 up close, so I'm just wondering what sets them apart.
    I can tell by the keypad (the send/end keys are longer on the 700) and the design of the camera on the back.