Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Shea again. Last night.

The guy in front of me had a W. It looked smaller than the 650.
    A couple of rows down, another person had a treo.

Got home and watched Everwood where . . . Dr. Brown handing a ring box to his son, the son says "I would rather have a new treo." :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just saw myself in the mirror with a 700p!!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I saw 4 of them while on my way to my seat for Xmen 3! Thats alot I feel part of the crowd now >.< lol
    I work in City Hall and as I was walking by, I heard the familar Treo ringtone. So I turned to my left and I saw a construction worker answer his Cingular 650. I thought to myself, "Damn, this thing has really, really gone mainstream". But by the looks of his attire, I would surmise that he was probably the foreman. Hence, the need for him to have a 650.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Treos are everywhere in San Francisco. Nowadays, it's hard to tell exactly which Treo model, because there are too many different ones, but I can still tell it's a Treo nevertheless.

What is a shame though is that sometimes people I know get a Treo, but decline to get the data plan to go with it because they don't want to pay the extra cost. A Treo without a data/internet plan?!? What's the point? Truly a waste of the Treo's capabilities.

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Treos are everywhere in San Francisco. Nowadays, it's hard to tell exactly which Treo model, because there are too many different ones, but I can still tell it's a Treo nevertheless.

What is a shame though is that sometimes people I know get a Treo, but decline to get the data plan to go with it because they don't want to pay the extra cost. A Treo without a data/internet plan?!? What's the point? Truly a waste of the Treo's capabilities.

Casey
    Thus the need for WiFi.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Thus the need for WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'll pop a cap, dawg. Oops, wrong thread.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Thus the need for WiFi.

Not to be a spoil sport, but in this particular case -- why should I pay for a WiFi radio in my Treo (that I do not want) because this(these) individual(s) choose not to buy a data plan? That was their choice -- not mine.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo
    Not to be a spoil sport, but in this particular case -- why should I pay for a WiFi radio in my Treo (that I do not want) because this(these) individual(s) choose not to buy a data plan? That was their choice -- not mine.

Cheers, Perry.

FORGET TREO SIGHTINGS! WE HAVE A PERRY SIGHTING!

Welcome back to the real world, Mr. P!
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    FORGET TREO SIGHTINGS! WE HAVE A PERRY SIGHTING!

Welcome back to the real world, Mr. P!

Quote Originally Posted by gtwo
    Not to be a spoil sport, but in this particular case -- why should I pay for a WiFi radio in my Treo (that I do not want) because this individual choose not to buy a data plan? That was their choice -- not mine.

Cheers, Perry.
    Ah, my good friend, you rekindle the debate! Take time from the slobbering love fest you, Haggar et al have been having with Ed and the other boys down at the bathhouse. Remember, there are virtually no manufactures that put out an expensive product like the 700 without WiFi. Why does Palm do it? Because you, Haggar, Jimmy and the other Palm lemmings will buy any crap Palm introduces as “new”.

I for one will take the high ground and hold them accountable for their substandard product and will not purchase another product from them until they offer a new product with the basics one has come to expect from a true smart phone.

Much love and kisses,
    Todd

P.S. You get the card yet? I'm not bitter, honest!
    You guys crack me up. This board is always good for a few laughs!
    Well, it's not quite a sighting, but a very nice full page ad about the Sprint 700p on page 3B (Money Section) of today's USA Today.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Pedro Martinez has a treo.

Watching SNY tonight and he passed by the camara talking on it. I firs noticed te antenna, then I rewound and pause and slow motion and then notice the camara.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ $has$ $a$ $woman$ $whose$ $job$ $is$ $product$ $placement$. $She$ $works$ $speciically$ $with$ $film$ $and$ $teevee$ $production$ $companies$ $to$ $get$ $Treos$ $into$ $well$, $films$ $and$ $teevee$ $shows$. $I$ $spoke$ $with$ $her$ $a$ $few$ $days$ $ago$ $and$ $chatted$ $a$ $bit$ $about$ $how$ $many$ $famous$ $producers$ $and$ $directors$ $and$ $stars$ $she$ $had$ $met$. $Somehow$ $the$ $conversation$ $took$ $a$ $turn$ $and$ $we$ $talked$ $about$ $The$ $Sopranos$ $and$ $how$ $she$ $had$ $tried$ $to$ $get$ $Treos$ $into$ $that$ $show$ $but$ $the$ $producers$ $said$ $Tony$ $and$ $his$ &$quot$;$crew$&$quot$; $would$ $never$ $use$ $smartphones$ $because$ $their$ $characters$ $wouldn$'$t$ $understand$ $them$, $so$ $that$'$s$ $why$ $they$ $carry$ $tiny$ $flip$ $phones$.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Somehow the conversation took a turn and we talked about The Sopranos and how she had tried to get Treos into that show but the producers said Tony and his "crew" would never use smartphones because their characters wouldn't understand them, so that's why they carry tiny flip phones.
    Harv[/QUOTE]

Gangsters can't understand Treos? That's funny.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Saw one of the characters on the Young and the Restless using one. Also, yesterday I spotted this hot 22 yr old chick with large, you know whats at my gym and she was carrying the Verizon 650. My gym is pretty large, and over the past month or so I have seen about 5 people in there with their 650s. These individuals were probably between the ages of 22 and 31.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Barney (Doogie Howser) on "How I met your Mother" has a 650, used it to prove to his friends that he shagged a babe by showing them the video. His character is the only reason to watch the show: "The only reason to wait a whole month for sex is if she's 17 years and 11 months old!"
    -mbd26
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ $has$ $a$ $woman$ $whose$ $job$ $is$ $product$ $placement$. $She$ $works$ $speciically$ $with$ $film$ $and$ $teevee$ $production$ $companies$ $to$ $get$ $Treos$ $into$ $well$, $films$ $and$ $teevee$ $shows$.

Harv
    I don't know which I find more fascinating -- that someone actually gets a cool job like this, or that someone spells out the word "TV".