Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Not Jack Bauer but Kiefers partner in the movie "The Sentenial" (Eva Longoria) has one, saw it this weekend. As well as the "bad guys" Seems there were at least 3-4 Treo's in that movie.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Chauncey Billups of the Detroit Pistons uses one, too. Couple months ago, he used it at halftime to take a pic of a practical joke setup.

I'm a soldier in a small unit of 20 people and 4 of us have Treo's, 3 650's and one guy has a 600. They're blowing up.
    Ok yesterday on CST:NY there was a sprint treo 650
    ok ok another one what I like about you treo 650 with a anoying ringer.
    found another one on scifi channel the movie mammoth a lady was using it to scan alien goop.
    Was watching that show "King of Cars" and there were 3 or 4 managers and the owner, all carrying Treo's.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I saw King of Cars too. I also see Treos in a lot of new music videos, like Rick Ross, etc.
    About 2 weeks ago Treo 650's popped up on CSI: Las Vegas as well as Law & Order: SVU.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Anyone watch CSI:NY last night? Treos all over the place! And what was up with that photo transfer scene? Took the SD card right out of the camera, put it in the Treo and sent huge amounts of data directly from it? Sign me up for that function!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was reading and my wife kept yelling Treo, another Treo, another Treo. I went to see what she was talking about and you are very corrent in saying Treos all over the place. Looked like everyone in CSI had a Treo in their hand.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    For those that use Yahoo email, often on the page thats displayed when you log out of your account has an ad image for Yahoo Store... its loaded with icons for categories of merchandise they peddle, software, appliances, books, etc. A pic of the 650 is used as the icon for 'cell phones'.
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriefoss
    Anyone watch CSI:NY last night? Treos all over the place! And what was up with that photo transfer scene? Took the SD card right out of the camera, put it in the Treo and sent huge amounts of data directly from it? Sign me up for that function!
    I do this function all the time! I use a tiny pocket Canon SD 450 digital camera that takes an SD card. I take a picture with the Canon camera, and then swap out the SD card from the camera and insert into my Treo 650. I then use either SnapperMail or ChatterEmail to send the picture as an attachment.

If I shoot the picture as a large jpeg file in-camera which comes out to around 2MB+ in size, I would then have to downsize the resolution of the picture using Acid Image Pro app through my Treo 650 prior to sending the pic as an email attachment. Acid Image Pro has an easy function to downsize a picture, which keeps the original file intact, and produces a smaller file alongside the original.

However, if I know in advance I want to send a quick email picture, then I set my camera setting to a smaller jpeg quality level, and this will produce a much smaller file size ranging between 300Kb to 700Kb, which is a far cry from 2MB to 3MB.

To send a large 2MB picture file from my Treo 650 would take at least several minutes on my Sprint network. To send a smaller 300Kb to 700Kb file takes about 1 minute or less.

This is also a reason why I want the new 700p Treo, so I can send a large 2MB+ file ASAP instead of waiting more than several minutes! I'm constantly sending and receiving large picture files, as well as Word, Excel, PDF, WAV, PRC Palm apps, etc.

Casey
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Avant is using a 650 in his "4 Minutes" music video.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    I was on a flight last night from Washington DC to New York and to my surprise, of 27 passengers on the plane, there were 11 Treo's visible before takeoff. I almost felt ordinary.
    I actually don't pay attention, or look for any...as long as I got one.
    at&t iPhone3G
    So treo sightings at shea.

Saturday during the bullpen meltdown they showed a little girl sitting on a females lap. the little girl was holding the treo like she was going to take a picture. It looked real big in her hands

Last night I was at the game and since it was really cold I stayed under the stands. I was in the uppder deck. I saw about 3 treos being used.

Being that it was cold, I left early (after the 7th).

Waiting on the 7 (that a train for u non new yorkers), we heard a lot of cheering. I took out my treo and a yankee fan took out his treo and we were "watching" the espn wap feed and letting the other passengers know what had happened. This is always a couple of minutes behind so you hear the chear/boos, and in a couple of minutes you find out why.

BTW, with baseloaded and no out and the Mets clinging to a 2 run lead the Yankees only scored one. The mets eventually one.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    So a friend of mine asked me today about my battery life on my treo 650. She wanted to know if I got the same type of battery life out of mine that Jack Bauer did with his. 24 Hours of constant use... Thats a darn good battery! Where can I get a battery like that!
    2/600 3/650 in 1 day at a seminar. That treo ring always catches my ear... like.. i gotta see whos got one.
    Check out the 5th picture down from the below link. Looks like a Treo to me!

Warning: Half n@ked g!rl pic:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18478759

Enjoy!
    Al Gore uses a Treo in "An Inconvienient Truth."