Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 387
  1. #221  
    i.e. an angry character flips the phone shut to end a conversation vs. someone pushing a button. ... just doesnt seem as dramatic, does it?[/QUOTE]

    I totally agree with you. Just last night, I was watching the TV show "24", and Jack Bauer was finishing a call on a flip phone. I usually have the TV caption function on, and the TV screen reads "phone slams shut", as Jack ended the call in disgust. A flip phone is great for slamming and letting everyone know the call has ended. You can't quite do that with a Treo. Tapping on a Treo screen has zero dramatic effect!
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog341
    Kieffer Sutherland uses one on "24" on Fox. He uses it strickly as a PDA. He talks to everyone on a motorola flip. Earlier in the season, he took pictures of "terrorists" and sent them to HQ...woohoo.
    I'm guessing double the phones = double the advertising promo $$$.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    I saw that too. Chloe has a Treo 650 with a reddish orange case and Lex has one (did not notice the case).
    It cracks me up to see Chloe with the expensive Vaja case on top of her 650 she syncs with her brand new Apple computer. Wasn't she in high school last year and didn't her dad lose his job??? Chloe has the meteor rock freak ability to obtain items beyond her means I guess.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    It cracks me up to see Chloe with the expensive Vaja case on top of her 650 she syncs with her brand new Apple computer. Wasn't she in high school last year and didn't her dad lose his job??? Chloe has the meteor rock freak ability to obtain items beyond her means I guess.
    Unfortunately that is not too far from reality for many, how many people do you know that spend beyond their means? The difference in real life she would be paying $39.99 a month for her purchases for the next 30 years to the credit card companies.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  5. #225  
    Actually, I assumed Chloe is provided her tech toys by the Daily Planet
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  6. #226  
    I think she is an intern at the Daily Planet and I recall she got that 650 before she even got that job. I think she also got a new car too. Maybe the credit card theory is what solves this.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  7. #227  
    Saw the movie The Sentinel last weekend with Kiefer and Michael Douglas.
    The Treo 650, as well as Blackberries were in that one.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Saw the movie The Sentinel last weekend with Kiefer and Michael Douglas.
    The Treo 650, as well as Blackberries were in that one.
    Oh how was that movie btw?

    I saw about 8 (650s) last week in Hawaii.. .staying at the Westin. Saw two 650's at school and one 600. They're everywhere around here (Silicon Valley).
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by wackochrisoidun
    Oh how was that movie btw?

    I saw about 8 (650s) last week in Hawaii.. .staying at the Westin. Saw two 650's at school and one 600. They're everywhere around here (Silicon Valley).
    Ditto...
    at&t iPhone3G
  10. #230  
    The trailers for next week's CSI:Miami shows someone using a Treo (or other cell phones) to trigger a bomb...didn't Jack Bauer do this on 24 a few month's ago???
  11. #231  
    Nowadays, Treos are everywhere downtown San Francisco. Sometimes I walk a few blocks and I see several Treo users one after the other. It's become pretty common now. Alas, we are no longer special! :-(( Mostly, I see guys using Treos more than women. However, I see quite a few women using BlackBerries more so than Treos. What does this mean...I don't know!

    Every so often I will strike up a conversation with a stranger using a Treo. I have never yet seen one Treo user know how to effectively use a Treo to its maximum potential, or even close. When I show them what I can do with my own Treo, they are always blown away.

    Give it another year or longer, and I'm sure more Treo users will be using functions such as push email, modem usage via PdaNet, watching movies and listening to MP3 music, etc. Doing attachments for email using a Treo is a mystery for many Treo users, among other things. But this too will be more common as time goes by.

    Sometimes I might help a stranger with a Treo. But if a person starts asking indepth questions about how to burn movies and watch movies on a Treo (etc), it takes a helluva lot longer to explain this than the time it takes for an elevator to go down to the lobby level! Ditto for various other indepth questions.

    CC
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Nowadays, Treos are everywhere downtown San Francisco. Sometimes I walk a few blocks and I see several Treo users one after the other. It's become pretty common now. Alas, we are no longer special! :-((
    Any uniqueness from here on out will be for those early adopters of the latest model. Of course most of us TC'ers are special since we don't use 100% "stock" devices. Too bad you can't tell that just from seeing someone walking down the street with one.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Any uniqueness from here on out will be for those early adopters of the latest model. Of course most of us TC'ers are special since we don't use 100% "stock" devices. Too bad you can't tell that just from seeing someone walking down the street with one.
    Most Treo users I see walking around town don't use a case at all. That's why it's easy to spot a Treo. I use an aluminum hard case myself, so people are a little thrown off by it.

    An indication of how popular Treos are is the fact that local CompUsa stores stock a good variety of Treo accessories for the past few/several months. A year ago, it was impossible to find Treo accessories at CompUsa.

    CC
  14. #234  
    BTW, my friend mentioned Jack Bauer has two phones because he took non-Treo off another agent. Maybe because they trace his personal phone?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15. #235  
    Yeah, I used to approach people I spotted using Treos, always a nice little chat. Now they are so common I don't bother any more. Be careful what you wish for....
    -mbd26
  16. #236  
    yeah well i dont see to many treos besides on tv,(smallville. 24, the T.I. CD, some show on TLC, and some commericial were this girl drop her cell phone which is a 650 and this boy chases her down to give it to her, it was on the disney channel lol) and not to many of my friends have one seeing how im only 19 and all my friends arnt any older then 24ish but my boss has a 650 and when i was at the airport i saw two people on theres, one friend of mine bought that new samsung phone that runs WM05 and after seeing my 700w he quickly got phone envy
    Got Treo?
  17. #237  
    Most famous NFL prospect(Reggie Bush ) uses a Treo.
    Check it Out


    NOw he can watch his own out of this world highlights on his Treo
    Check that out
  18. #238  
    Is is good protocol to have a better Treo than your boss? I have the 650 and he has the 600. I will probably move up to the 700P when it comes here. Is this a career limiting move?
  19. #239  
    its kinda a stretch cause its far away but looks like matt leinart is on a treo anyone else think soo http://people.aol.com/people/article...191124,00.html
    Got Treo?
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    its kinda a stretch cause its far away but looks like matt leinart is on a treo anyone else think soo http://people.aol.com/people/article...191124,00.html
    Yes, he's on a Treo. On ESPN they showed him walking down the street talking on it in NYC prior to the NFL draft.

Posting Permissions