Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    In the Sunday New York Times, USC quarterback Matt Leinart is holding a Treo showing a picture of his dog. Online article doesn't include the Treo.

NY Times Article on Matt Leinart

Print article is in Section 8, page 10.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I was killing time at a starbucks in NYC and this tall young attractive woman sits at a nearby table and is using a treo (650 I imagine)- she was a model - and I am thinking this is not the protypical tech type person I would expect to see using a treo.
    Matt is just a classy kid. I wonder if he will upgrade to the 700p? :-D
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I once saw a drug dealer using a sprint treo 650.
    must be keeping tracking his business...and the 5-0's at least.

I wonder if he will upgrade to the 700p :P
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Matt is just a classy kid. I wonder if he will upgrade to the 700p? :-D

Probably bought it for the calculator -- he's going to need it to count all the money they're going to throw at him next weekend!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Probably bought it for the calculator -- he's going to need it to count all the money they're going to throw at him next weekend!
    Most definitely...can't wait to see who drafts who in that first round.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

USC =#1

a-wo000ot, a-wo000ot!
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Most definitely...can't wait to see who drafts who in that first round.
    i think sprint is broadcasting the draft live on thier moblie tv service for free.
    On the WB, Treo 650s are used by Lex & Cloey on Smallville, also by the younger bro in Supernatural. On CBS, I've also seen one in use by Giddeon on Criminal Minds. Can't imagine how much $$ Palm is laying out to get their Treos on TV. Seems like only the tech savy/business/mgmt type characters are using them.
    If it is Bill Gates using a 650 (Garnet), or Hector Ruiz (CEO, AMD) using Intel inside, or Ivan Seidenberg (CEO/Verizon) using Cingular, or Doug Daft (CEO, Coke) prefers Pepsi... That would be news and interesting.

Did Matt Leinart wrote some code for WM5 or developed some TDMA technology that make his choice of phone of interest?

Educate me...
    o-town- Warner Bros contracts out w/ Sprint.... You will mostly see Sprint only phones on any WB show.
    They also seem to popup a lot in Hollywood movies. I've noticed them in Failure to Launch and a couple of other recent movies.

Are Treos fashionable???
    West Wing's Josh was using a Treo for a while, but now he was using a Treo as a phone and a Blackberry as a .... Blackberry. I hope this was just for this episode, as they were trying to show how stressed-out and over-connected he was- thus using two devices. Once he was using the crackberry while on the Treo's phone. They actually mentioned the Blackberry by name, when he was freacked that an underling took it for 10 minutes to update it (can't you update it wirelessly?). At the end... spoiler....

...he was finally convinced/forced to go on a vacation and left the RIM device back on his desk, where it vibrated off the desk onto... we didn't see- hopefully the trashcan?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    On the WB, Treo 650s are used by Lex & Cloey on Smallville, also by the younger bro in Supernatural. On CBS, I've also seen one in use by Giddeon on Criminal Minds. Can't imagine how much $$ Palm is laying out to get their Treos on TV. Seems like only the tech savy/business/mgmt type characters are using them.

I saw that too. Chloe has a Treo 650 with a reddish orange case and Lex has one (did not notice the case).
    the best is when they ose sound effects to "end" a call... even though there is no such tone on a treo.

Flip phones are better in Hollywood as they provide a visual cue that a conversation has ended... or can provide a more dramtaic close to a conversation...

i.e. an angry character flips the phone shut to end a conversation vs. someone pushing a button. ... just doesnt seem as dramatic, does it?
    Kieffer Sutherland uses one on "24" on Fox. He uses it strickly as a PDA. He talks to everyone on a motorola flip. Earlier in the season, he took pictures of "terrorists" and sent them to HQ...woohoo.
    The best is when the look at the caller Id on smallville and it is really just the memo pad with the characters name & number written in it.
    <merged>
    The End of West Wing was classic when the Crackberry was on vibrate and it fell off the desk as it 'rang'. It was good for a giggle!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGraves
    The End of West Wing was classic when the Crackberry was on vibrate and it fell off the desk as it 'rang'. It was good for a giggle!
    i chucked too. I also liked how josh switches back and forth between the treo and the bb. he seems to used the treo as a phone and the bb as an email device.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast