Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    There's this reality show on Court TV called Las Vegas Law or something, where they follow around this goofy criminal defense lawyer as he goes to court, meets clients, etc. The other night they had some defendant in his office for something like battery or discharging a firearm (I forget what the charge was) and he was a real slimeball seeming guy. Low rent sort of character. And of course, there he is sitting in a chair talking to the lawyer all the while fiddling with his Treo, like he was just trying to show it to the camera.

My wife laughed and I no longer feel special. :-) Even scuzzball criminals are sporting them now!
    Big day for Treos. I just watched a TIVOd episode of Numbers from last week, and some construction supervisor's kid had one.
    I watched The Inside Man at the cinema last night and Clive Owen's character uses a Treo 650 right at the end of the film.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Josh on West Wing always uses one -- but on last Sunday's show he called it a Blackberry!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting to see one on The Simpsons!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Schlepping around the Maryland Capital city of Annapolis yesterday- covering hearings on bills they are trying to get passed (or not) by Monday's end-of-session "Sine Die"... I saw 3 treos in an hour, and only one Crackberry.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    there is one in the Avant Music Video called "4 minutes" he had a sprint treo 650.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    there is one in the Avant Music Video called "4 minutes" he had a sprint treo 650.
    I saw that too, I just couldn't remember where.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Might be a lot of Treo sightings if this is successful (http://www.blogstar.com/).
    I'm watching the Invasion marathon on ABC Family, and Sheriff Tom Underlay, the head "hyrid" guy & his deputy Lewis Sirk both have 650's. I wonder if they are Homestead Sheriff's Department official issue?
    I just saw the movie "Inside Man" whereby the bank robber pulled out a Treo for a few moments. Palm must have paid the producers for this product advertisement, because in 2 other scenes an Apple Ipod and Apple desktop computer were also clearly shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I just saw the movie "Inside Man" whereby the bank robber pulled out a Treo for a few moments. Palm must have paid the producers for this product advertisement, because in 2 other scenes an Apple Ipod and Apple desktop computer were also clearly shown.
    Spike lee is long time fan of treos. I always saw him with one. So I dont think Palm needed to do anything. Just like Ipod and apple laptops for many years, Palm dont have to pay dime to get their products in a movie. Treo, my friend, is now starting to get in mainstream media.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  13.    #193  
    HI Ehsan!!

I agree that Treo has moved into the mainstream, but I still think movie producers extract every dime of product placement revenue they can obtain (be it Ford, GM, Apple, IBM, whatever). . . . . . IMHO.

Cheers, Perry.
    I was watching Notorious (Tori Spelling's show) over my girl's house (not my choice). Tori's boyfriend had his new Treo on the table and she threatened to damage it because he didnt respect her things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    HI Ehsan!!

I agree that Treo has moved into the mainstream, but I still think movie producers extract every dime of product placement revenue they can obtain (be it Ford, GM, Apple, IBM, whatever). . . . . . IMHO.

Cheers, Perry.
    So you are telling me that Apple spend so many dollars just to be in movies all around. Wow.
    I know many producers who want to be greedy but sometimes they dont have choice to bring things that are normal in normal scenes of movies. Now if you are talking about James Bond movie, you hit the spot. But during normal scenes directors want to bring normality in scene...like Levi jeans ...Ford/chevy trucks..for cowboys, Motorolla radios with security guards and police officers..etc. Just like FedEx was company that Tom Hanks worked in Cast Away. FedEx didnt pay a dime for that big publicity.
    So I dont think Spike Lee charged dime for Treo presense in movie Inside Man. By the way you know Palm is so laid back for paying anything for publicity. Thank God they found Verizon or they wont get a single Advertisment spot for Treo .
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I am seeing more and more corporations selecting the Treo as the out-of-office device given the uncertainty of RIM and Blackberry. I had a similar conversation in an airline club in Washington D.C. last week regarding the merits of the device and the sharp increase out there of its use. I spoke to several CIO types and their interest in setting up pilot corporate email programs around the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClanCian
    I am seeing more and more corporations selecting the Treo as the out-of-office device given the uncertainty of RIM and Blackberry. I had a similar conversation in an airline club in Washington D.C. last week regarding the merits of the device and the sharp increase out there of its use. I spoke to several CIO types and their interest in setting up pilot corporate email programs around the Treo.
    Although I would love to assume "uncertainty of RIM and Blackberry" that you refer here in your post but .... you want to specify reason behind this uncetainty??

From a personal knowlege point of view - no. I am aware of the recent court ruling - so it appears that the matter may be in the past for the Blackberry - but Corp America is not always so forgiving. I base my comments from the folks that I chat with and they are looking for alternatives. Risk mitigation can be a beautyful thing.
    At my company, we get a communication allowance. You can spend it how you want. But, you need to be able to be available when needed. They provide RoadWarrior VOIP for you, but for phone/pda, it's up to you. I chose Treo after talking to other employees.
    Ok this is a first for me.

On this weeks episode of Without a Trace (CBS), the main character actually said "treo."

After the "suspect" said that she would like to help with a list of names that were at a party, but the list was long, he said (not excatly):

"take out your Treo blondy and get to working."

I laughed and rewound just to make sure I heard him right.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast