1.    #1  
    I just read the thread about the problems with online banking with Chase bank on the Treo.

Can anyone recommend which banks do work for on-line banking with the Treo?

I'm particularly interested in nationwide banks such as BofA, Citi , etc. as I travel quite a bit from coast to coast.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    B of A works for me.

(At least as of maybe two weeks ago...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Works with Washington Mutual.
    Last time I checked it wasn't working with Suntrust.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    thanks ronbo, insertion.

I'm leaning towards BofA since it seems to have the most branches nationwide

now if only the next Treo would dispense cash like an ATM machine.....oh wait I forgot - it only sucks up your cash!!
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Amsouth doesnt work
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Navy Fed works for me...
    Wachovia???
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Wachovia???
    Yes. I also do PayPal, checkfree, and VisaBuxx. All are a function of the amount of data. For me, that means they are all slow. Still, beats carrying a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Yes. I also do PayPal, checkfree, and VisaBuxx. All are a function of the amount of data. For me, that means they are all slow. Still, beats carrying a laptop.
    yea that's true... too bad the 650 isn't EVDO ready. Now that would be sweet.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I was checking out SplashMoney and banks that were featuring Direct Connect services for online banking and data syncing. BofA will charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect if I were using it for importing my data into Quicken/MS Money. But they wouldn't charge me the monthly fee if I were only using it for my "handheld computer." Odd. So I'm in the process of switching to BofA and hope the sales rep didn't sell me up the river. I've read in other threads to only mention Quicken but the opposite seemed to work for me in this case. Not sure if any new versions of UltraSoft Money will have the wireless capabilities as SplashMoney now has. tbdtbdtbd.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I was checking out SplashMoney and banks that were featuring Direct Connect services for online banking and data syncing. BofA will charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect if I were using it for importing my data into Quicken/MS Money. But they wouldn't charge me the monthly fee if I were only using it for my "handheld computer." Odd. So I'm in the process of switching to BofA and hope the sales rep didn't sell me up the river. I've read in other threads to only mention Quicken but the opposite seemed to work for me in this case. Not sure if any new versions of UltraSoft Money will have the wireless capabilities as SplashMoney now has. tbdtbdtbd.
    I'm interested in BofA myself ... let me know if Direct Connect works with your T600 and if you feel that it is secure. Do you have the upgraded version of Splash money?
    Well, as I suspected, they're gonna charge me for DC even though a rep on the phone (in some call center and not in my geographic area) told me they wouldn't. Branch customer rep tells me so and I cross-checked her opinion with the branch manager and he tells me that Direct Connect costs extra no matter what application or device it interfaces with. Told him about my conversation with their customer service people. Says he's going to look into it. I will continue to try and wiggle this through the process.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Well, as I suspected, they're gonna charge me for DC even though a rep on the phone (in some call center and not in my geographic area) told me they wouldn't. Branch customer rep tells me so and I cross-checked her opinion with the branch manager and he tells me that Direct Connect costs extra no matter what application or device it interfaces with. Told him about my conversation with their customer service people. Says he's going to look into it. I will continue to try and wiggle this through the process.
    I bank with Wachovia. I pay them a lot of interest. I maintain a balance. They do not charge me fees for on-line service.

A decade ago Citibank acknowledged that it was paper, not electronics, that cost them money. They have fees on paper, not on-lime services. I give them credit for their candor.
  15.    #15  
    Beantown
    how much do they charge? And is it only for importing into Quicken? Otherwise it's free?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Wells Fargo works sometimes.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I do online banking with BankOne/Chase, and have no problems at all!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Works with Washington Mutual.
    what is the pda-friendly site for WaMu?

Does anyone know if Citibank has pda-friendly site?
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Maybe an alternative to bank fees for treo/quicken/money access.

I use Digital Federal Credit Union (Metro Boston Area). http://www.dcu.org

DCU has a mobile.dcu.org site that I use with a Treo 600 and Xiino. (Does not work with Blazer on 600 (but probably works on the 650.)

They have free online banking and I can use ATMs in the SUM network for free plus ususally ATMs belonging to other credit union networks for free. They will reimburse somewhere around 4 non-ntwork ATM surcharges automatically. Credit unions are generally cheaper than banks. Another credit union I belon to is Pentagon Federal Credit Union. (I don't do online banking with them but I think you can, and many bigger CUs have reciprocal agreements with other CUs where you can make deposits, etc even out of state.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    Maybe an alternative to bank fees for treo/quicken/money access.

I use Digital Federal Credit Union (Metro Boston Area). http://www.dcu.org

DCU has a mobile.dcu.org site that I use with a Treo 600 and Xiino. (Does not work with Blazer on 600 (but probably works on the 650.)

They have free online banking and I can use ATMs in the SUM network for free plus ususally ATMs belonging to other credit union networks for free. They will reimburse somewhere around 4 non-ntwork ATM surcharges automatically. Credit unions are generally cheaper than banks. Another credit union I belon to is Pentagon Federal Credit Union. (I don't do online banking with them but I think you can, and many bigger CUs have reciprocal agreements with other CUs where you can make deposits, etc even out of state.
    thank - I'll check out DCU