Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    About to buy the 650 and planning what other accessories I will need. I know that the Treo comes with a wall charger and a sync cable. My question is does the sync cable also charge ? Second, does the supplied wall plug have a USB female connector on it or is there a fixed cable attached to it already ? Many thanks.
    Welcome to TC. You could read the box...just a thought. Please use the search function here to help minimize duplicate threads and reduce forum clutter. Thanks.

The included sync cable does not charge. There are several 3rd party cables that do both, a search will help you.

The wall plug does not have a USB connector on it, it has a palm connecter that plugs into either the Treo or into the included sync cable.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answer, as I said, I am about to buy the 650, so, I have no box to read as of yet !!!!! Did search and could not find anything, but, did not search too hard. THanks again
    Bought my 650 from Sprint. From the side panel of the box:
    * Digital dual-band sprint pcs vision smart device
    * Standard lithium ion (Li-Ion) battery
    * Headset
    * AC Charger
    * USB Sync Cable
    * User Manual
    * Installation CD
    * Before you start Guide

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1man
    Thanks for the answer, as I said, I am about to buy the 650, so, I have no box to read as of yet !!!!! Did search and could not find anything, but, did not search too hard. THanks again
    Theres always this:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...50/details.epl
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    hey thanks folks, I actually did check the palm site, verizon site, etc but, none of the sites answered my specific questions which I posted in this thread. THanks to all and looking forward to many years on the forum once I get my 650 !!!
    hey thanks folks, I actually did check the palm site, verizon site, etc but, none of the sites answered my specific questions which I posted in this thread. THanks to all and looking forward to many years on the forum once I get my 650 !!!
    It does answer the first question, whether the USB cable charges or not.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hmmmmm I don;t see where it answers that. Seems pointless to keep this thread going, howabout you answer some of my other posts lol ?
    It seems your other questions have been answered.

Regarding the cable, it states USB Sync cable. If it charged it would be known as a "sync & charge" or something similar.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    oh I see. I meant my other questions I have posted on other areas of this forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post759899

Many thanks again
    oh I see. I meant my other questions I have posted on other areas of this forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post759899

Many thanks again
    Done

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...43&postcount=9

the sync cable does let you plug the charging cable into it