1.    #1  
    As of yesterday, expedia isnt allowing anything other than explorer, mozilla, or netscape. What is on their mind???
    If you try to book stuff on expedia... your are sol... some web developer seems to think that everyone should "upgrade" to these browsers.
    Oh....How many road warriors are using Treo's and spending thousands per month on travel?
    Perhaps we should all let them know that we cant "upgrade" to the browsers above and perhaps we'll go to travelocity or someone else!!!
    As a former part of MS why are you surprised?
    Glad I don't use their software....always believed it to be WAY overpriced for what the Treo's capable of without it.

Anyway...I don't really think they can do that and get away with it. They'll have to come up with a fix.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, I checked to see if it worked on Safari... no problems there.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I traveled with my company(a few years ago) all over the U.S.. Expedia sucked! sorry, no loss here.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    When it comes to airline prices many of the carriers now offer their best deals on thier own web sites exclusively. And will not pass the offer on to sites like Expedia. So it's best to shop around without them anyway.
    Mozilla's mobile browser (forgot the actual name) for Palm should be available soon, so no worries.

Unless, of course, they don't allow that either.
  8.    #8  
    Think this is a big deal because
    -I find Expedia to be a good travel portal that saves me a lot of time when booking trips
    -This is another data point of an organization that doesnt realize how big the Palm smartphone is

I guess when thinkgeek shuts off the blazer then we'll get a firestorm.
    Gosh... dont any people want to advance the use of the Treo in the larger community????
    Guess that really noone else cares .... imho most of what happens here is posting the 3oomillionth thread on what they want the new treo to be and accompanying photoshopped bogus pictures
    Wouldnt it be cool if we could show "the power of the force" and get these yoyos to change this due to a Treocentral user led campaign????
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Mozilla's mobile browser (forgot the actual name) for Palm should be available soon, so no worries.

Unless, of course, they don't allow that either.
    I've only seen this in discussion to winblows mobile ( Minimo); where did you see it for Palm?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I've only seen this in discussion to winblows mobile ( Minimo); where did you see it for Palm?
    Maybe for Palm Cobalt or Linux....but not Garnet, that's fo' sho.
    Minimo is looking to be ported and there is jarzilla which is a java based mozilla like brozer that has a mobile version.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Minimo is looking to be ported and there is jarzilla which is a java based mozilla like brozer that has a mobile version.
    Looking to be ported to Palm Linux.....where did you read that it was going to be ported to Garnet??
    Grndslm, have you seen Mozilla say somewhere that they definitely won't release Minimo for Garnet? There are so many Palm OS 5.x devices out there I think it would be a major oversight on their part.
    Sites can check which browser the user is using and what version. If the browser and/or version level is not supported, then the site owner can opt to block access.

In defending their case, MS stated that this is for the good of the user in order to make sure the browsing experience is, as the web designer intended it, which make sense because it only results to user disatisfaction, if the access was only partially working as designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Grndslm, have you seen Mozilla say somewhere that they definitely won't release Minimo for Garnet? There are so many Palm OS 5.x devices out there I think it would be a major oversight on their part.
    I remember them saying they were definitely releasing a Minimo for PPC...and would definitely release one for future Palm devices (which translates to Cobalt/Linux and beyond). In the article they mentioned how difficult it is to write large amounts of code for Garnet....this is why we don't have an Opera browser for Garnet either!!! They're saving their resources for a better OS since it's just around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I remember them saying they were definitely releasing a Minimo for PPC...and would definitely release one for future Palm devices (which translates to Cobalt/Linux and beyond). In the article they mentioned how difficult it is to write large amounts of code for Garnet....this is why we don't have an Opera browser for Garnet either!!! They're saving their resources for a better OS since it's just around the corner.
    Well poo. I though I'd read that they were making one for 5.x. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Expedia Corporate will be available on theTreo via Avantgo. You can see it now on the Avantgo Travel Beta. However, I just tried to open Expedia from the Avantgo mini-browser and got the "incompatible browser" message with links to Microsoft, Netscape, and Mozilla.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Expedia Corporate will be available on theTreo via Avantgo. You can see it now on the Avantgo Travel Beta. However, I just tried to open Expedia from the Avantgo mini-browser and got the "incompatible browser" message with links to Microsoft, Netscape, and Mozilla.
    I find Avantgo to be virtually unusable.
    First, I cant count up all the times that I've installed it and it corrupted my treo. Second, it is a terrible configuration nightmare.
    3rd... adn perhaps most important.... its user interface is no good.

Also - I dont want to route my financial info thru a third party. I have a hard enough time changing reservation stuff when I do it straight thru expedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichNY
    I find Avantgo to be virtually unusable.
    First, I cant count up all the times that I've installed it and it corrupted my treo.
    Second, it is a terrible configuration nightmare.
    3rd... adn perhaps most important.... its user interface is no good.

Also - I dont want to route my financial info thru a third party. I have a hard enough time changing reservation stuff when I do it straight thru expedia.
    I admit that it is unstable and that I have had to install it a large number of times. Synching it over the air often corrupts it. I have not had a problem with it corrupting the rest of my Treo. It is "highly configurable" and that is a problem. The more choices they provide you, the more special knowledge you must have. I suppose that I have gotten used to the UI.

I find it useful for news; I find Blazer over the air inefficient for anything more than news updates.

I find it useful for travel for the airlines (AA, Delta, Northwest, and Frontier) that it covers. However, each of these has a different interface. I like the new "Virtually There" from Sabre/Frontier. It is an easy way to get a complex itinerary onto the Treo. This will be part of the new service that will include Expedia.

While I take your point about "financial info thru a third party." However, most of my financial info goes through a third party. I am not as concerned about travel transaction data as I am account balance info. Most of my travel arrangements go through American Express. Avantgo does provide application layer encryption.
    Try TicketsRentals.com will find good deals