Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I HATE the "bong" noise...you know the noise...whenever you tap in a wrong area or your email doesn't connect to the server....you hear a loud, annoying "bong." Please someone tell me how to get rid of this noise, delete it or lower the volume.
    Also, why is the startup/power-up sound effect so loud? The power-down sound effect is also equally loud and annoying. Any help changing this one would be much appreciated also.

Thanks.
    A picture is worth a thousand words....

(Pay close attention to the ringer on/off switch...it also mutes any and all sounds.)

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar.../photos/04.jpg

You could also RTFM or goto that special place in preferences that allows you to turn off all sounds for your Treo.

I've said too much already.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Huh?

Do you mean that in order to avoid the power-up sound/power-down sound/and annoying "bong" sound, I have to turn the ringer off?
    You could use ProfileCare to turn on the ringer and turn off other sounds.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    that's what i do...but I don't turn it on/off very much at all. it's a low-tech solution, but effective to say the least.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Is there a way to change the power-up and power-down sound effect to a more pleasing one? Also, how about making the same change for the "bong" sound effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeagent
    I HATE the "bong" noise...

maybe you should add more water.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Ha, he said add more water........you should of said that before he smoked another bowl.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    But if you add more water, it still makes noise. Maybe he should use papers instead?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This one time at band camp my bong got really dirty but then I did a search, no foollin

cleaner bongs
    Quote Originally Posted by mjeagent
    to avoid the power-up sound/power-down sound/and annoying "bong" sound, I have to turn the ringer off?
    Or set the General sound setting to a very low level.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I wish my phone made bong noises!! Maybe I'll get Lightwav to play a bong mp3 for me whenever I receive an sms or voicemail.
    Gotta love google... here's a page where you can get a "bong" wav file & many other sound files.
    Oops, forgot to add the link;-) I did not just take a bong hit!

http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/771/surf.htm

Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Oops, forgot to add the link;-) I did not just take a bong hit!
    RIGHT!!!
    Take the stylus out, fill it up with water, take the battery out, fill it with Chronic, light it, smoke it! Cheech & Chong loves ya!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Back to the thread:

Did you look at ProfileCare?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    On the Sprint version that "bong" sound is the service tone. Sound Preferences > Phone > Tones > Service Tone.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    On the Sprint version that "bong" sound is the service tone. Sound Preferences > Phone > Tones > Service Tone.
    on my sprint its not . wheather the service tone is on or off i still get the "bong"
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Prefs -> Sound -> General -> System Volume -> Off

will turn off the beeps, bongs, keyclicks etc and still allow for ringer etc.

Is the OP's problem this simple? Or am I not understanding his/her question?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast