1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am sorry for crashing the forum like this but I recently purchased an unlocked treo 650 on ebay (I am a T-mobile subscriber and yadi yadi yada....) and although it said the unit was branded Cingular I thought it would just be a cosmetic branding and NOT all that cingular garbage extra stuff all over the place. The unit works fine and I am able to do everything (I am new at this so be nice...) but I know that my firmware should be upgraded (currently 1.05)

Can somebody tell me how to upgrade the firmware? I tried to upgrade with the palm patch for unlocekd GSM but mid way through the install it tells me the updater is not valid for this unit?

I also don't currently have a SD card, so can anybody explain how the upgrade without?

Thanks a bunch and "I already love the treo"
    if it's a Cingular phone...use the Cingular update
  3.    #3  
    It was a cingular evidently by the logo on the phone and the screen that pops up when I turn it on. It was unlocked though because I know have my T-mobile card in it. So you think I should just pop in the firmware update for cingular that's on the palm site? Wouldn's this screw up my unlocking code or whatever was done to it? anychance of somebody having a detailed post on how to upgrade?

Thanks
    I'm not a gsm user But am pretty sure I've that upgrading your firmware doesn't lock your phone. Read the upgrade thread from top to bottom...I bet it's been covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolatreo
    It was a cingular evidently by the logo on the phone and the screen that pops up when I turn it on. It was unlocked though because I know have my T-mobile card in it. So you think I should just pop in the firmware update for cingular that's on the palm site? Wouldn's this screw up my unlocking code or whatever was done to it? anychance of somebody having a detailed post on how to upgrade?

Thanks

See this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...91&postcount=2
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

very funny!
    Insertion, you are a FOOLL!
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  8.    #8  
    I guess I won't be getting much help in this forum either. Gosh I though forums were made for genuinely like minded people. Thanks anyway
    I answered your question you ungrateful .....

I guess we're not like minded...If someone helps me I say thank you and take their advise if they know what they're talking about.

Good riddance...try thr Verizon update...maybe that'll help.
  10.    #10  
    I am sorry. Thanks I'll try what you advised.
    I hope it works...good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by nolatreo
    very funny!
    I was being serious.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    dude, the 'unlocked' firmware is for the Palm branded, unlocked Treo...and if you read the instructions and the info on that page you should of realized that.

Its simple, its a cingular phone so use the cingular update.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    dude, the 'unlocked' firmware is for the Palm branded, unlocked Treo...and if you read the instructions and the info on that page you should of realized that.

Its simple, its a cingular phone so use the cingular update.
    Is that how that works? No wonder I can't use the unlocked GSM firmware update on my Sprint phone! Thanks.

Another case of RTFM.

DT, next time, instead of pointing the user in the right direction, maybe you could just do the firmware update for them? I'm thinking that was the help they were looking for.

Der, der, der.......
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Insertion, you are a FOOLL!
    Of course do not tell Insertion of fooll!!!one111one!!
    I'm back!
    Listen up FOOLLs, there's plenty of poo coming from the **** shoot:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90208

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90474
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Moral of this thread:
    Of course do not tell someone of how to upgrade when they ask.

FoollS!!!1oNe!!1@Q1!!

How much sleep do you get a day? 2 maybe 3 hours?

It's those White Castle breakfasts after work . . . . . .
    Enough help already. Thread closed.