117 40.07%
  • Sound Quality Improvements

121 41.44%
  • WiFi

142 48.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's imagine Palm is looking at this poll and you want them to know what MUST be part of the next Treo.

Please check off MUST HAVE items, not "nice to haves".
    Last edited by darnell; 07/26/2005 at 02:09 PM.
    A *172* Megapixel camera so I can get shots of the moon up close.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    1. All current functionality of the 650
    2. EVDO
    3. 64mb internal Memory
    4. SD slot that can handle 4gb cards
  4.    #4  
    Gosh, you folks were adding replies before I could even finish adding in the poll .

gtwo - An upgraded OS would handle your 4GB SD card concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Gosh, you folks were adding replies before I could even finish adding in the poll .

You are a brave man. Thanks for the poll.
    128 meg internal memory!

That alone would push me to upgrade. I constantly manage the internal memory. I have a **** load of apps and have as many as I can set to shortcut to the card via Zlauncher but still I have to allways move stuff around depending on what I'm working on.
  7.    #7  
    Here's what I selected:

EVDO (Sprint and Verizon models)
    Palm OS Upgrade
    Processor Upgrade
    WiFi

With that I must say I want the next Treo to be able to work with the Slingbox. The current OS might be workable, but I want to be certain the next Treo can play Slingbox broadcasts well . Guess I should have/could have selected "memory" too since more space might be needed for buffering, but that's what I want. For me it's Slingbox friendly or BUST! And I want to be able to watch the broadcasts via EVDO and WiFi. The faster processor will help with rendering the broadcasts.

My "nice to have" that I did not select would be a Call Recorder. They should at least have the next Treo open enough for a 3rd party software company to make a call recorder if Palm does not make one themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell

Speaking of this has anyone seen any 4 gig SD cards if so please provide a link,
    MIKE
    To be honest with you I only checked "Bluetooth". I want mp3 over bluetooth.

I also want a 320X480 screen but it is not on the list.

A few days ago I thought EVDO was a "must have" to me until I realize I can't receive calls when I am on vision/non-EVDO, and EVDO is probably going to cost me 40 dollar a month. So Cingular data looks more attractive to me for my next phone, if all I want to do is streaming audio from home.
    I voted for the incorporation of Bluetooth and and improved form factor. I don't know if it recorded both. probably not, huh? As far as improved form factor goes, I am not asking for much: see below.

But I also want:

A radio with FAXing capabilities.

More and more people are getting rid of their landlines and depending exclusively on cellular for communications. Why can't we fax using Palm's phone? Other manufacturers let us do this.

A Treo with 1 - 2 millimeters shaved off the back.

This would give it a more pocketable size. Closer to all of Motorola's phones with their razor thin depths.

Bluetooth 2.0 (or at LEAST Bluetooth 1.2)

This would bring Palm into the 21st century. Seriously; Bluetooth 1.1 is from 2000, which is technically from the last century. Get with it Palm. Jeebus.

Finally, please let the Mac initiate Bluetooth connections to Palm units.

We are on the cusp of a major platform shift and Palm continues to ignore these Mac users. Hello, Palm, Apple's market share has risen from 3% to 16% ( or 17%, depending on which data analysis company you listen to) in 2 years. You are ignoring a vast number of your users, especially since I would be willing to bet that most Windows users stick with their familiar Microsoft OS when shopping for handhelds.

This one is important but having the other 3 would be enough for me to start using a Treo again.
    Hey, what do you know, it did record both!
    Ohh, and change the logo back to use a lowercase "t" in treo. Not that big ugly, gaudy Treo logo.
    All I think it needs is EVDO and Memory increase. Don't know why Wifi is up there since EVDO is just as fast . Anyway, form factor is great as is, don't change that, though there should be 320x480 screen resolution. I miss that so much, but 320x320 shall do. ^_^
    I'd like to the ability to receive satelite television and record it ala Divo like. Darn it.
    I selected:

- WiFi
    - Bluetooth Improvements (BT 1.2 or greater!)
    - Memory increase

If it doesn't have WiFi or BT 1.2 or greater, I'll be waiting one that has both or something that has both and is Non-WinCE. If wish Nokia would develop a Communicator based on Symbian OS9... their 9500 Communicator is based on OS7.
    Mac market share is at 16% now? What bizrrao world am I living in?
    (Just a question, I have a G4 too.)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by robangel
    I'd like to the ability to receive satelite television and record it ala Divo like. Darn it.
    Exactly why I want Slingbox to work with it .
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Mac market share is at 16% now? What bizrrao world am I living in?
    (Just a question, I have a G4 too.)
    Yeah, but they break it down into different categories. So, I think the 16% or 17% is at home and over-all share is something like 2.75% from about 2 or 3 years ago to a full 5% today.

Then they have weird stats too about software percentages and Macintosh users always make up an unproportional amount based on projected Windows marketshare. So that either means... PC users are cheap... or there are more Mac users than they account for? I don't know. They don't interpret the data they just publish it.
    "Unlimited" internal memory (run everything from flash memory card; let the user decide how much to buy)

Minimum 2 memory card slots (at least one with IO) (The "internal memory" card can be hidden under the battery...)

Full Bluetooth

Full WiFi (if nec, this can be optionally relegated to the IO card slot--if a combo wifi/large memory card is available at launch).

Full usb 2 (or even Firewire)

Maxed out pixels Camera (2 versions: 1 with, 1 w/o)

Full QWERTY (w/builtin predictive spelling)

NO MORE PROPRIETARY connectors! (The Treo connector is horrifically flimsy--why bother?!?!?!)

And it must have FULL DirectPush integration with Exchange ActiveSync (This is the driver for my next device; and if that means back to Mobile 2005, so be it.)
    Is there any reason they can't put an iPod like hard drive in the next one? Serious question, I don't know. Is it a cost issue?

I also want a stronger IR port so I can use it as a home theater remote.

Edit:
    I didn't vote for Wi-Fi but if it had it and someone could figure out how to make MP3s play over AirTunes that would be pretty damn cool.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast