1.    #1  
    does anyone know any info about the next edition of the treo series? like the treo 700?

i've had a treo 600 since it came out and i never upgraded to the 650 cause of all the memory issues and intial problems it had. but my 600 is starting to wear down and the screen is getting some spots on it.

anyways anyone know anything about the next version or when its coming out?

also anyone have any recomendations for other smartphones for sprint or is the treo 650 the best?

thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Most of the memory issues have since been fixed on the 650. I remember when I upgraded I couldn't put jack on my phone but since the upgrade of the firmware for the phones have had double if not triple the memory. I think you would be pleasently surprised. If you do a search of this site and many others like http://blog.treonauts.com etc. you will find that their are tons of rumors but know exact info on a 700 or its real format. We have even seen a few pictures, but who knows. What ever they come out with it is bound to have some bugs at first, I would dare say go for a 650!

Ciao
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    How man of these next Generation Treo posts are we gonna get here? Geez ...
    All these rumor about the next treo are just people coming up with there own idea and whatnot just get you a 650 they fixed all the problem and with sprint you even got the bluetooth dun patch all ready if your waiting on the next treo it will be some time next year and I'm willing to bet on that late next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahooka
    does anyone know any info about the next edition of the treo series? like the treo 700?

i've had a treo 600 since it came out and i never upgraded to the 650 cause of all the memory issues and intial problems it had. but my 600 is starting to wear down and the screen is getting some spots on it.

anyways anyone know anything about the next version or when its coming out?

also anyone have any recomendations for other smartphones for sprint or is the treo 650 the best?

thanks

I think you'd be better off getting the 650 too. it's always better to be a bit behind the curve. you will have the benefit of other people who worked out the kinks, etc. i got my 650 in February and at this point i am pretty happy with it. i had had my 600 from Nov of 2003. it was definately better getting the 650 a few months after it came out. i learned and benefited from other people's issues and fixes. plus if you get the 650 after the new one comes out and stay behind the curve, you might pick up accessories on the the cheap on ebay.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Jeff Gibsons latest Podcast discusses the next Treo that will be out by the end of this year. 64mb NVFS, EVDO capable. It will likely be carried by Sprint first.
    The most believable rumors I've come across suggest that the next treo will be announced this fall but wont actually hit the shelves until next spring. Better be either wifi or evdo though, I really really want my streaming video.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

WCDMA 850/1900/2100, class A, I can live without HSDPA for this revision
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Looks like you might get your UMTS this round, 100th. What if there were no WCDMA...but the Sprint/Verizon versions had EV-DO??? Would you switch?
    I was told that there will be "something" available within the next two months. Maybe it had something to do with something besides a new Treo.
    It is supposed to be a PDA phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomegun
    I was told that there will be "something" available within the next two months. Maybe it had something to do with something besides a new Treo.
    It is supposed to be a PDA phone.
    How did you tell us anything? According to your post count, this was your first post.

Did some Treo news get deleted? Hmmm....