Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After 3 months not knowing what it meant I finally figured it out....

RTFM means "Read THE F****** Manual"

Any others that people feel they should add? And should this be 'sticky' for thickies like me?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    You would've known if you would've RTFM...
    or perhaps done a SEARCH!!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm with you, checkmate!

The first time I saw LOL as a sign off, I came up with Learn On Line! LOL

I saw in a thread somewhere, that there is actually a dictionary for text messaging abbreviations. . . . anyone have a link?
    Must I scold you as well, Perry?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm the annoying little brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm with you, checkmate!

I saw in a thread somewhere, that there is actually a dictionary for text messaging abbreviations. . . . anyone have a link?
    I know the one you're referring to, but I have this other resource in my favourites...

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
    Was that so hard, Insertion?

I knew you two would know.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/21/2005 at 09:28 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I could have searched, but it would've just bought up every single mention of RTFM and not the meaning of it. I couldn't be arsed to look through them all, so I patiently waited for the meaning to present itself.

I thought other things like UDSM could feature on this thread too.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    UDSM? (Not in the link, OMG!)
  12.    #12  
    Sorry, I meant to say UDMH. Dunno what the hell USDM stands for!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm with you, checkmate!

For a long time I signed off LOL thinking it meant "Lots of Luck". So if any of you, during that time, took it the wrong way, I'm sorry. If you didn't take it the wrong way then you may be just as confused as I was.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    For a long time I signed off LOL thinking it meant "Lots of Luck". So if any of you, during that time, took it the wrong way, I'm sorry. If you didn't take it the wrong way then you may be just as confused as I was.
    Good Luck
    I always wondered why you were laughing at everyone...in fact, I was once going to ask you what so damn funny all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I always wondered why you were laughing at everyone...in fact, I was once going to ask you what so damn funny all the time.
    Good thing you weren't a Moderator then- you might have given me a "time out".
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Good thing you weren't a Moderator then- you might have given me a "time out".
    I wouldn't have done that. In my own little odd way, I thought it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I wouldn't have done that. In my own little odd way, I thought it was hilarious.
    Well that's LOL.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I could have searched, but it would've just bought up every single mention of RTFM and not the meaning of it. I couldn't be arsed to look through them all, so I patiently waited for the meaning to present itself.

I thought other things like UDSM could feature on this thread too.
    How about a Google search?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...s+RTFM+mean%3F

BTW - RTFM was not an Internet abbreviation per se. People in tech support would use to reference people who called with the most basic of questions. I use it in online chats with my colleagues every day - about others.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Well that's LOL.

Good Luck
    I woulda wondered if you signed off like that after telling you I fell off a truck and broke a rib...

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Sorry, I meant to say UDMH. Dunno what the hell USDM stands for!
    Why would anyone really refer to unsymmetrical dimethyl hydrazine in a chat anyway?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast