1.    #1  
    I'm about to dump my Kyocera 7135 in favor of a Treo 650, but which carrier? I'm presently on a 450 plan with Verizon; I usually do about 250 a month with bursts during travel into the 450-500 range. I have little use for data at home but it'd be really nice on the road. I've got a slight leaning toward GSM, but I'd drop it in a minute for the right plan on a CDMA carrier.

My ideal plan would allow me to burn minutes for data, kind of like dial-up. I've got a friend who *claims* to have such a plan on Verizon, but after viewing their web site I think he's mistaken. Sprint's relatively low-cost data is appealing, but I had my Treo 300 with them, and it was such an incredibly painful experience that I vowed I'd never do business with them again.

Cingular's rollover minutes are very appealing for those occasional trips, but they want $40 for flat-rate data, and I imagine I'd go throught the few meg they offer in the lesser plans pretty quickly.

Any suggestions would be *very* welcome.

Thanks,

Larry
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    Sound like Sprint. They have the flexible plan where you pay less if you don't use alot of minutes. And then $15 for data in decent speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Sound like Sprint. They have the flexible plan where you pay less if you don't use alot of minutes. And then $15 for data in decent speed.
    It's actually $10/mo if you ask them to take off the $5 credit for games, ringtones, and the like.
    Yea, you can't beat Sprint's data plan for price. It could be a little faster though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  5.    #5  
    Back when I had my Treo 300 on Sprint, I felt they'd set a new (and still unchallenged) low water mark for customer service). Maybe it was just that I had an early Treo 300, but the training of the CSRs, was just awful - nobody could give me a straight answer to simple questions, and they didn't even realize it - I was getting much better answers here on Treo Central!

Also, they seemed to want to either hit you for a fee or force you to renew your contract on even the slightest change to your account - when my 300 died and had to go in for service, they wanted $36 to move the account to another phone! (long story at http://cleveraddress.com/treo300/)

Has the quality of Sprint customer service improved over the last few years, or is it the same ol' same ol?
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryr
    Has the quality of Sprint customer service improved over the last few years, or is it the same ol' same ol?
    They're definitely improving....but personally it's annoying when they ask everytime, "Were you satisfied with the quality of care provided for you today?" or something along the lines of that. I just wish they would act like human beings, gad nammit!! Is that so much to ask for??
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryr
    I suspect you won't be publishing this in the next Handspring "News You Can Use" newsletter, but I just thought you might want to know.
    LMAO! Sorry Larry, but the end was funny! LMAO
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I just wish they would act like human beings, gad nammit!! Is that so much to ask for??
    I suspect that they're graded on how closely they stay on the script, so yes, that probably is too much to ask for.
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    If you want your phone carrier to tech support any cool toys for you, don't expect you will get any cutting edge gadget from them ever again (hello TMobile I am looking at you.)

I work for a cable company's boardband/ISP department. And we are expected to handle all HDTV calls, *even thought we have had less than one hour of HD training.* Everything I know I learn from my HDTV or experience.
    This will not help on the 650, but I am on T-mobile and use the same dial up provider I use for my home computer. I burn up a lot of minutes.

I have thought it may be better to get a data plan, but do not really understand them. Some seem to be unlimited some are not. What is the best thing to do. I would welcome help.

SPG