Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to my source, there is no official word on what new treo will be called. But here are some shoking info. New Treo will have ....(drum roll please..) Palm Cobalt 6.1. I know I know I know.....

I am very very shocked at it as I know or I thought Cobalt is not supported anymore but sources say otherwise. He is using Cobalt based Treo which his boss thinking about finalizing all features till August and will have few tests till the end this year and either release it in December (probably sprint) or Early next year.

Some features that his Treo (beta) includes, bluetooth 1.2 stack (got headset profile and hands free profile built in), which he claims that he can listen to his mp3 on bluetooth stereo headset. Also he claims he got better compatibility with all bluetooth devices (and is backword compatible with 1.1 as well).

He got Wifi built in but he is not sure if it will be inlcuded in the final product. I asked him if wifi function is like i730 where you have to turn off wifi in order to get phone calls, he said he recieved calls while online and screen switched back to call and when he hangup it went back to browser.

Inside memory is 64MB. It is EVDO capable and is backword compatible with regular vision with sprint. Form factor is same as 650 but he claim they are working with SprintNextel for PTT capability. SO you may see that in final product.

Soft reset push button (that you use with pushing it with pin) is added left side and headphone jack is on top instead of at bottom. Have some more buttons on sides which he is not sure where it will be used.

I am not sure about all this as this person met me at Chicago airport and is with some company close to Palm. I chat with him last night where he revealed these things to me. Please dont take my word as final word. Take it as rumor. But I have hinch that this guy know what he is talking about. Also he told me about Palmone buying Palm name and trademark, before it was official. So there you go.

what you guys think?? I had more expectations from new Treo than what he told me. He is very secretive at lots of things. So there are lots of things he didnt tell or hiding. But may be later on he might leak some more, like pictures of new treo..... well who knows.

anyways. Take care.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Pretty exciting
    Now this is the kind of rumor that in the past has sometimes been proven true...

I'll be watching for some of the these specs
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Now this is the kind of rumor that in the past has sometimes been proven true...
    I'll be watching for some of the these specs
    I agree with you DT. This is the type of rumor that makes me believe! Probably because it's more detailed as opposed to the fakey pictures we've had the misfortune to see.

Also, if all this turns out to be yet another hoak, we'll just come back and dog the hell outta Sam!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I truely think all those espects could be valid, with the exception of WiFi. I know it would be nice to have that, but it would be just way too good to be true, but who knows. The use of Cobalt doesn't surprise me at all. I said it before, Palm did not use Cobalt with the Treo 650 because the OS was not ready for prime time.

This is really a great rumour. Keep us posted if you find more things.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I truely think all those espects could be valid, with the exception of WiFi. I know it would be nice to have that, but it would be just way too good to be true, but who knows. The use of Cobalt doesn't surprise me at all. I said it before, Palm did not use Cobalt with the Treo 650 because the OS was not ready for prime time.

Al

Remember he did say...

Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    He got Wifi built in but he is not sure if it will be inlcuded in the final product. I asked him if wifi function is like i730 where you have to turn off wifi in order to get phone calls, he said he recieved calls while online and screen switched back to call and when he hangup it went back to browser.

Al
    Treolo, I think the possibility of WiFi on the next Treo is very strong considering that many Treo users have been clamoring for it for a while, and that alone is what has caused some of them to jump ship to devices that already support WiFi.

I really dont think Palm wants to be left too far behind in the dust; that it'll take them too long to catch up to the rest of the competition.
    I'm happy with my 650 as it is. I am one of those people that dont require WiFi. My internet usage on the Treo isnt so large that I need to be on it every time I leave my home computer.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    were the keyboard buttons bigger?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Treolo, I think the possibility of WiFi on the next Treo is very strong considering that many Treo users have been clamoring for it for a while, and that alone is what has caused some of them to jump ship to devices that already support WiFi.

I really dont think Palm wants to be left too far behind in the dust; that it'll take them too long to catch up to the rest of the competition.
    I'm happy with my 650 as it is. I am one of those people that dont require WiFi. My internet usage on the Treo isnt so large that I need to be on it every time I leave my home computer.
    Scandalex,

WiFi for the Treo 600/650 really makes sense because WiFi is way faster than what we currently get through our carriers. However, once EV-DO gets rolled out nation wide for Sprint and Verizon there will be no need for WiFi. I know for GSM users it is going to be a different story, but if WiFi is going to be part of the feature/pricing marketing list then it is not worth at this point of time. Don't get me wrong, the more features the better, but I'm not as interested in WiFi for an EV-DO Treo as I am for my Treo 650.

Al
    by the way...was this a goodlink employee you ran into?
    Scandalex,

WiFi for the Treo 600/650 really makes sense because WiFi is way faster than what we currently get through our carriers. However, once EV-DO gets rolled out nation wide for Sprint and Verizon there will be no need for WiFi. I know for GSM users it is going to be a different story, but if WiFi is going to be part of the feature/pricing marketing list then it is not worth at this point of time. Don't get me wrong, the more features the better, but I'm not as interested in WiFi for an EV-DO Treo as I am for my Treo 650.

Al
    Have you seen the monthly fees for EV-DO? Verizon has it set up here in San Antonio, but they want $80.00/month for access. Wi-Fi all the way until EV-DO is WAAAY more reasonable.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I agree with you DT. This is the type of rumor that makes me believe! Probably because it's more detailed as opposed to the fakey pictures we've had the misfortune to see.

Also, if all this turns out to be yet another hoak, we'll just come back and dog the hell outta Sam!
    Lolzzz. Again please forgive me. Take it as rumor as I didnt see it yet. I am just passing it along as I heard it. And this person told me about things in past about PalmOne (now Palm) that came out true later on like, PalmOne buying Palm as trademark and changing name before it was official or even leaked. Also Palm Source working on linux based new OS was leaked by him before it was official.

So again I am not saying I saw it, which I begged this person to show pics but......

anyways I am waiting as well , but excited :-)
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    by the way...was this a goodlink employee you ran into?
    No DT.

Edited: I do not want to specify him. This thing get out very fast. And after pin pointing you never know where he ends up just because of this info.
    Last edited by sam2579; 07/16/2005 at 11:42 AM.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
  14.    #14  
    Scandalex,

Al
    Well I guess it might be true that they only introduce WiFi to GSM unlocked phones that is sold by Palm direct (for more dollars as usual). But I am sure they will add wifi, or why the hell they will put it up in Treo for testing in the first place???

Again I hope this is true.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    My question is: what is the difference between UMTS (the not-so-successful 3G) and the forthcoming packet-data 3G (which I forgot the acronym) ?
  16.    #16  
    Pamela, please delete my quoted post. Thanks.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Pamela, please delete my quoted post. Thanks.
    doh!!
  18.    #18  
    Thanks Pamela or Mod, whoever.
    Last edited by sam2579; 07/16/2005 at 06:41 PM.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Ahhhh. Come on Pamela, have some respect, pls.. I want to get picture too in future. Dont blow my chances. Please.............?
    she hasn't had any activity in the forums since you posted. She's nice...I'm sure she'll delete it or you ask the mods tho delete your content from her post.
    Now this is some juicy rumors. Thanks, Sam.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast