Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    head phone jack on top? big exciting news.
    It had better be a standard headphone jack!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Forget it, won't happen as long as after-market wired head-sets use the smaller plug.
    I'm confused as to why people would want a headphone jack on top?? As long as there's an antenna, the L-shaped plug is going to interfere with that antenna. Not like that's so important, but what about when you're holding the Treo in your hands?? There's going to be a cord in front of the screen more than half the time you pull it outta your pocket?

What's so bad about having the jack on the bottom?

As for the "standard headphone jack"...I wouldn't oppose a 3.5mm jack since I don't use headsets, but how are people supposed to find these 3.5mm headsets? Are there ANY on the market?
    a 3.5mm jack, combined w/ a what we belive to be the future specs (smaller pnone, bigeer drive) will make the phone much more competative w/ the "cool", "pop, youth orinetated phones - ie sidekick -

hey, reality, behind e-mail, music phones are the next big thing - the treo does it already, everyone on this board talks of using the phone for music - streamline the process for the everyday consumer, BAM! u just opened another section of the market to the treo...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    The Sony w800i is also 2.5mm jack only. Maybe Sony will start making good quality 2.5mm stereo earphones?

Personally I am happy with my Palm stereo jack. But the 2.5->3.5->cassette tape setup is giving me alot of problems in my car. If the indash player+iPod link solution is any cheaper, I am going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    a 3.5mm jack, combined w/ a what we belive to be the future specs (smaller pnone, bigeer drive) will make the phone much more competative w/ the "cool", "pop, youth orinetated phones - ie sidekick -

hey, reality, behind e-mail, music phones are the next big thing - the treo does it already, everyone on this board talks of using the phone for music - streamline the process for the everyday consumer, BAM! u just opened another section of the market to the treo...
    But...the process is streamlined for the everyday consumer!! They can use ANY headset in existence with their PHONE that they just bought. You're not going to be able to make the PERFECT device for people for at least another 4 or 5 years....until then, the market is going to take quite a few turns (hopefully for the better). I think that we're going to see 2.5mm jacks for quite awhile.

All the average consumer has to do is buy a seidio 2-in-1 adapter to use with ANY pair of headphones/earbuds they want. If they don't want to use their 3.5mm headphones/earbuds as a headset....they can get the $5 adapter from radioshack or treocentral. That's the easiest it's going to get for another couple years until we get bluetooth 1.2, UWB, or cell phones in general magically start taking 3.5mm jacks.
  7.    #167  
    Wow its a long time since I posted anything. Well my last update (again take it as rumor) is here. New treo will be called treo700 instead of much known treo670 (I was informed that all published paperwork and logo things are completedlast week). It will be released before christmas (instead of rumors to be releasing next year). Treo700 will not include wifi or PTT in the version that will be released in November end but next version of 700 will be released next year and that might have PTT and controversial Wifi as well (little prayer wont harm anyone). And that is it folks I am out for this year. See you when I get my own treo700 and have played with it enough. Take care.

Cya.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Wow its a long time since I posted anything. Well my last update (again take it as rumor) is here. New treo will be called treo700 instead of much known treo670 (I was informed that all published paperwork and logo things are completedlast week). It will be released before christmas (instead of rumors to be releasing next year). Treo700 will not include wifi or PTT in the version that will be released in November end but next version of 700 will be released next year and that might have PTT and controversial Wifi as well (little prayer wont harm anyone). And that is it folks I am out for this year. See you when I get my own treo700 and have played with it enough. Take care.

Cya.
    So, do you still stand by the next Treo being Cobalt? *crosses fingers*

Cya.

What that's it? What about the most important info like:
    • Will the OS of this 'rumored' Treo 700 be WM or PalmOS?
    • If it is PalmOS, will it be Cobalt or Garnet?
    • Will the radio be 1xrtt or 1xEvDO?
    • Will the Treo resemble the one leaked in the video?
    • Do you mean there will be two new Treo releases then? One late this year and another next year?
    • Will the provider be Sprint or somebody else?
    • Why weren't you able to get pics to back up your claims like you stated you would do earlier?

I hope this Treo 700 is not just the WM version shown on the leaked video from rocafella...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    • Do you mean there will be two new Treo releases then? One late this year and another next year?
    • Why weren't you able to get pics to back up your claims like you stated you would do earlier?

I hope this Treo 700 is not just the WM version shown on the leaked video from rocafella...
    Exactly what I want to know as well. I'm hoping for the Nov. release though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  11.    #171  

If you read this thread from beginning, I am still sticking with cobalt (according to my informer). As per specs check my first post. No picture or video released till this day match form factor of new treo700, eventhough it is still similar to treo650 form factor. And no, I was not able to get pictures, and I still dont think anyone will this year. Palm really really sticking to Apple policy this year. Beta treo were out for a while and were all returned last month. And no one yet released REAL picture of it or videos. Whenever there is real picture released, Palm will go nuts looking for people. So if you still think those WM based videos were for real treo700, dream on, just two more months.

Guys come on....... you waited whole year, just 2 more months.... OK?

Cya.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Thanks Sam. However just to confirm, according to info leaked to you listed in the 1st post, the specs of the next model called the "Treo 700" will be released by the end of this year and will have the following specs:

• Palm OS Cobalt 6.1
    • 64 MB Ram (NVFS)
    • 1xEvDo radio
    • Bluetooth 1.2 Stack (with A2DP profile enabled?)
    • reset button on outside left
    • Headphone jack on top
    • No PTT
    • No wifi
    • Sprint Nextel version?

Is this correct?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks Sam. However just to confirm, according to info leaked to you listed in the 1st post, the specs of the next model called the "Treo 700" will be released by the end of this year and will have the following specs:

• Palm OS Cobalt 6.1
    • 64 MB Ram (NVFS)
    • 1xEvDo radio
    • Bluetooth 1.2 Stack (with A2DP profile enabled?)
    • reset button on outside left
    • Headphone jack on top
    • No PTT
    • No wifi
    • Sprint Nextel version?

Is this correct?
    Correct...or at least thats how I interpreted it. And its just incremental enough to possibly be true.

64MB RAM - with a new OS (that will probably be larger) so between 15 & 19MB usable???

No Wifi - im fine with this, but would like a wifi able SD card that works

No PTT - a benefit in disguise. I now will not be forced to kill fellow treo owners.

Bluetooth 1.2 - incremental update.

Either way as a 600 user, im excited, I get a much better camera and improved screen quality and resolution too.
    It will be released before christmas (instead of rumors to be releasing next year).
    And no, I was not able to get pictures, and I still dont think anyone will this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2579
    Guys come on....... you waited whole year, just 2 more months.... OK?
    OK, now I'm really confused. According to your posts the Treo 700 will release this year, but there will be no pictures until next year, but don't worry because there are only 2 more months left in this year? Could you convert your dates to the Georgian calendar standard please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    OK, now I'm really confused. According to your posts the Treo 700 will release this year, but there will be no pictures until next year, but don't worry because there are only 2 more months left in this year? Could you convert your dates to the Georgian calendar standard please?

Well, two posts above he says that the 700 will be released in November...that's in two months and is also "this year". So nothing confusing there. And as for no pictures, I think he meant no leaked pictures this year.

The only thing that dissappoints me is the Sprint-Nextel version (i.e. not the VZW version that was rumored). It doesn't surprise me...VZW will probably release theirs around February/March of next year if Sprint releases one in November.
    Thanks Sam for this much info

I myself don't have a treo. And if what you are say is true I will finally be getting the treo 700. More memory , better camera and a better bluetooth 1.2 will be a nice upgrade for me. I wish it would come with the Wifi though. But I know Sprint likes to make there money. It will take away from there evdo profit to add wifi.
    I wish Palm will go ahead and announce the release date. Since you said that it will come out sometime in november.
    If this is true, I see absolutely no reason to buy it if you have a 650.
    Well I have the 600 and didnt see any reason to upgrade to the 650 so this new TREO DUCE seems like a reasonable upgrade from my 600. Unless you are the most diehard user, it seems as though these incremental updates dont make it worth while to upgrate for each new verison. If the rumors are correct that the new Treo DUCE will be Palm OS then I'm in... If, on the other hand, the new Treo DUCE is Microsoft, well then I will have to drop the duce.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    If this is true, I see absolutely no reason to buy it if you have a 650.
    ... unless you want a multi-tasking OS, more memory, faster data and much better bluetooth!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Well, two posts above he says that the 700 will be released in November...that's in two months and is also "this year".
    Thanks - I was quoting the post you reference (with the Christmas line in it) - I guess "November end" means by the last day of November. Well, it's not "August end" yet, so it's more like 3 months. Let's call it 2 to 4 months . . . or so . . . perhaps.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast