Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I dunno if I can really believe all this WM on a Treo crap....

I personally don't care because it'll [hopefully] make PalmSource work a little harder/faster, but I'm gonna have to see some official announcements to believe it.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by dnt
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=695201

That was the Treo I was talking about a couple of months back. Looks like someone else got one too. He will have video up hopefully soon.
    When I spoke last time, my source denied all claims about new treo on windows mobile OS. He told me that he and all others he knows got cobalt based treo. Also his treo dont have anything on top that says TREO (on top right). And there is no way Sprint will let Palm work with verizon as they invested lot of money on agreement to release next treo with sprint first. Verizon logo is hard to believe on new treo under development. But he do have alpha numeric code on top of his treo which he says Palm will trace that whose treo got leaked, if it ever did. That is why whoever release photos of treo this time, will be in very big trouble. Each coded beta treo is linked to person and company it was given to. So you do the math.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Check out the WM5-based Treo 670 posted here on Howard's Forums. The circle is complete.
    No way to prove it is a fake, of course, but given that Verizon has historically been the last carrier to release any iteration of the Treo, I'd suspect that seeing this device already with a Verizon logo on it makes it highly suspect.

Still, I don't doubt that such a device may be in the works, just not sure that this particular pic is legit. And I think the HTC Apache might be the next device that actually could end up being a Treo killer, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    When I spoke last time, my source denied all claims about new treo on windows mobile OS. He told me that he and all others he knows got cobalt based treo. Also his treo dont have anything on top that says TREO (on top right). And there is no way Sprint will let Palm work with verizon as they invested lot of money on agreement to release next treo with sprint first. Verizon logo is hard to believe on new treo under development. But he do have alpha numeric code on top of his treo which he says Palm will trace that whose treo got leaked, if it ever did. That is why whoever release photos of treo this time, will be in very big trouble. Each coded beta treo is linked to person and company it was given to. So you do the math.
    This is the first thing that you have said in this thread that makes sense and that I believe is credible.

If you look at this screen shot in photoshop you will find the last 7 has been added. I am not sure how they think that would protect the owner of that serialized product because it seems pretty obvious to me they would be able to figure out that someone just "photoshopped"/tacked on an extra number at the end. Still, if the number is real I have serious doubts on the screens pixel count. It seems to me that the screen (that they pasted in) on this new photo is 200 pixels and not 320. That is a large difference. And why would Palm recede in technol...
    You know what, maybe it is real!

I am not discounting the possibility of a M$ WM Treo based on this screenshot (or accepting it as truth) because I was told about 4 months ago that this was the path the Treo was taking. But I am not as certain now because he has not mentioned the possibility anymore. The only thing he mentions now is some new networking product for what could be both a Windows Mobile Treo and a PalmOS Treo... and others I guess (LifeDrive, Tungstens... ??).
    Interesting pic at HF; and I agree (having my own convos with Palm and others) that a VZ WM Treo aint happening (yet?).

The pic could be easily faked with the Media app, a JPG of a WM screen and a good camera angle (note there is only the top half to make it harder to discern the resoltion (that is unless you like counting pixels like your's truely). Also the last '7' looks faked at pixel by pixel depts. The image information also says nothing towarsd the camera that took it (or the app that cropped it), so that throw a few things out about it. Still neat to see this rumor come back (I guess I should have never played with that image of the Treo 700 posted here a few months back).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    you guys are silly.

Of course the pics are real... you think engadget is gonna post pics of a false device?

Nope. You go browse howard forums you'll see that i am a very credible source.

And btw, i should have the cobalt os treo 670 next week sometime.
    roc you scored 100 million internet e-***** point today.

The Cobalt Treo better look better than that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    roc you scored 100 million internet e-***** point today.
    thats really hysterical!!

I'll get some pics up as soon as i can for you.

And remember everything has a price.
  10.    #111  
    I got so many voicemails from my friends as I told same thing I told you guys about Cobalt based new treo. Everyone so upset that I kept them in dark or I didnt know anything at all and just making things up. Well, as I told everyone (you guys and my friends here in Houston) that only thing I have is word of a guy close to Palm, that is it and if anything turn out wrong I am still standing for any abuses or hard comments that might come in my way IF ANYTHING I SAID TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG.

Now I am as surprised as anyone out there over this video, I never saw it coming (if it is real and I have my doubts about it). I was upset first and talk to my source and he is STILL telling me that this news (treo670 on MS5) is fake and he never heard of anyone testing treo with MS 5. He still claim no name is given to new treo and it is not untill Q1 of 2006 that treo will come out. He is out of town (actually country) and he will msg me when he is back to office (which is not untill next week) to update about anything new if there is.

With talking to him for so long, I am still keeping my hopes for his story to be true. Again I hope you do understand that I do not have this Treo in my hand or photos with me. Actually I never even saw the treo myself. So I hope you keep it to that.

As per news, if it is true, and I hope it is not; I am officially NOT BUYING new treo, unless it is palm OS based. I had dell axim and I hate MS mobile, it doesnt matter MS5 or magnetto thingy, it just I love palm too much as an OS and not even ready for investing on new softwares for MS mobile.

As per official news, I was hoping that Palm should come to public and verify or deny this news. Even though IF they are going Microsoft way, it is correct time to stop people to buy any other smartphone like I730 and wait for treo.

I want to see how treo will respond to MS mobile 5 OS with just 32MB Ram (again if this news is real).

Cya.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    I just received an eMail from someone unknown to me, stating that they could help significantly increase my internet e-***** size for only $19.99!

I, of course, placed an order immediately.
    I got so many voicemails from my friends as I told same thing I told you guys about Cobalt based new treo. Everyone so upset that I kept them in dark or I didnt know anything at all and just making things up. Well, as I told everyone (you guys and my friends here in Houston) that only thing I have is word of a guy close to Palm, that is it and if anything turn out wrong I am still standing for any abuses or hard comments that might come in my way IF ANYTHING I SAID TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG.

Now I am as surprised as anyone out there over this video, I never saw it coming (if it is real and I have my doubts about it). I was upset first and talk to my source and he is STILL telling me that this news (treo670 on MS5) is fake and he never heard of anyone testing treo with MS 5. He still claim no name is given to new treo and it is not untill Q1 of 2006 that treo will come out. He is out of town (actually country) and he will msg me when he is back to office (which is not untill next week) to update about anything new if there is.

With talking to him for so long, I am still keeping my hopes for his story to be true. Again I hope you do understand that I do not have this Treo in my hand or photos with me. Actually I never even saw the treo myself. So I hope you keep it to that.

As per news, if it is true, and I hope it is not; I am officially NOT BUYING new treo, unless it is palm OS based. I had dell axim and I hate MS mobile, it doesnt matter MS5 or magnetto thingy, it just I love palm too much as an OS and not even ready for investing on new softwares for MS mobile.

As per official news, I was hoping that Palm should come to public and verify or deny this news. Even though IF they are going Microsoft way, it is correct time to stop people to buy any other smartphone like I730 and wait for treo.

I want to see how treo will respond to MS mobile 5 OS with just 32MB Ram (again if this news is real).

Cya.
    no offense here buddy, but your contact is a dip or he's lying to you. Plain and simple.

This is all over. Six videos and a dozen pictures. Get a drip and get over it. It's real. Though it may not be production, this is hard fact that palm is toying with WM5.

People are so dense
    Last edited by roc a fella; 08/06/2005 at 03:01 AM.
    Hey Roc, good heads up at Engadget with the vid. Sam, I think your source DOESNT know of a WM5 Treo, but that doesnt mean that it isnt there. It might be an intercompany secret. Now how come a nice journalist like myself cannot get those breaks, cant the sam's and roc a fella's of the world help a brother out
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Cya.
    If I was a Palm employee or contractor and under a contractual obligation to keep new devices confidential, I wouldn't be blabbing about those devices to friends who go out and write full page articles on Treocentral about "a guy close to Palm" who tells him everything. So maybe your source is catching on about what you're doing - and has wisely decided not to tell you everything.
  15.    #116  
    "jspta" I am not announcing my source. I am just saying he is close to palm. This doesnt disclose anything. I am much protected than "roc a fella" who is even offering to sell treo670 (which he claims is next treo and I still disagree).

"roc a fella" you might hear from Palm in few days. If I was you, and even I had treos that are under testing, I wouldnt publicly announce and post pictures (specially with code on first picture that was posted) and definately wouldnt announce to sell them. I hope you have someway to hide your identity cause Palm people are not playing this game this time :-). If it was so easy I had Cobalt based treo pictues long time ago. I again hope you know what you are doing.

I still disagree with "roc a fella" about next treo. The treo he got might be testing device HTC was reported to work on and could be leaked as the company is in Asia and it is very easy to smuggle things out of factory or building. But again I have my doubts about Treo based on MS5. I am not convinced and will hold my thougts till Palm announce it publicly. And when Palm will sign a license with MS they will announce much more in advance, just like LG announced their relationship with PalmSource, even though they dont have any device out yet.

Lets just wait and see. And if I am proven wrong. I will keep all future news to myself. That is it :-)

Cya.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Well this will all be cleared up in about 6 months .

For now the rumors are fun and hey in the past some rumors were found to be based in truth.

Sam, I think your advice to roc a fella also may apply to you depending on Palm's temperament. I'm sure folks here recall when the "Treo Ace" rumors first came out and "a large wireless company" sent legal hounds after TC for posting some news they did not want to see released. Within a matter of days that leak was squashed!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Well this will all be cleared up in about 6 months .

For now the rumors are fun and hey in the past some rumors were found to be based in truth.

Sam, I think your advice to roc a fella also may apply to you depending on Palm's temperament. I'm sure folks here recall when the "Treo Ace" rumors first came out and "a large wireless company" sent legal hounds after TC for posting some news they did not want to see released. Within a matter of days that leak was squashed!
    ...man, why'd you have to bring up "Ace"? I was so hoping that was gonna be the device's name back then. It just sounded so cool ! Ah, well...
    "Memories...all those..."
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged>
    You guys must be getting a wee bit tired merging all these threads.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve