Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Sceen shots of OS 6 have been out for years.
    Good stuff Sam, hope it's all true.

Really they won't need to have anything other than what he told you for the next Treo to be a big hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I can't imagine we'll see the "Treo 700" anytime soon. With sales of the 650 booming (and accounting for a huge percentage of Palm/Palmone's profit) and only very weak, if any, competition, not shure why the'd be rushing to push a new product just yet.

Just MTCW (my two cents worth)

Arg, we didnt think we'd see the 650 as soon as we did either. The 600 was selling like hotcakes; and the powersuits were making money. I dont remember if there was; so does anyone know or remember who the competition was when the 600 started selling?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Same competition as now. Blackberry, PPC, cell phones with lame datebooks . I don't recall exact models but much of the same as now. Just all with less features.

And just like now, when the T650 info first started leaking everyone thought it just had to be too soon and everyone would stop buying T600s and wait for the T650. Even a "major wireless carrier" made the good folks here pull some details that leaked. I'm sure folks like scandalex recall that.

It's summer. The rumors for the next Treo always start coming out right about now. The really good stuff will start leaking by end of summer and by fall the "official" stuff might start coming out. If things go like they have in the past.
    New Treos are released roughly once a year. That is according to past history. I predict we will see a new one in November.
  6. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Wudda ya mean, "Yes, it does have WiFi natively"??? Who the heck are you? Have you held this device in your hands and seen it with your own eyes?
    the OS.. RTFA
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    the OS.. RTFA
    does your IQ break 100
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    the OS.. RTFA
    Yea, my bad.

I thought your comment "has Wifi natively" was referring to the "Treo 700" device that we're talking about in this thread. That article is old news...

We're talkin' future Treo devices here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I can't imagine we'll see the "Treo 700" anytime soon. With sales of the 650 booming (and accounting for a huge percentage of Palm/Palmone's profit) and only very weak, if any, competition, not shure why the'd be rushing to push a new product just yet.

Just MTCW (my two cents worth)

Well...the 650 sales could be booming now...but why do the carriers still sell the 600 then?? CHOICE! The more products, the more chance your customers will be happier with a crappy cheap device or an expensive quality device.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    AHAHAHA...if you think that Palm would allow such a great device in this free-market economy, you're crazier than I thought. Why hasn't Apple released a video player?? It's because they don't need to since people are still buying their iPods for some reason or another. Why are they still buying ipods?? Logic certainly doesn't answer the question, but physics does. That's just momentum for ya, I guess...didn't you take physics? And if momentum isn't the answer...chalk it up as the Ninth Wonder of the World.

Really they won't need to have anything other than what he told you for the next Treo to be a big hit!
    They would need half of what he named for the Treo to be a big hit. Read above word - MOMENTUM!!

As soon as we see pics of this Treo 700....then we'll know that Palm has officially released (AKA - purposely leaked) the specs. I'm not believing the original poster's specs because I got no pics!
  11.    #71  
    ok guys. I tried tried and really tried to get some pictures. But there is some tough rules in place at Palm (palmone) I guess, as I am not getting any help from him on picture. Call me a liar if you would. I am sorry but no pictures.
    I found out though he is using Sprint service. He is getting 380kbps to 800kbps ( i guess EVDO still in testing phase where he live) for internet (he said he like to use wifi more but he is under order to use EVDO service for testing purpose). Also, PTT (or Readylink) is not going as good as sprint wanted in testing. So he is not sure if they will include that at release. Also Readylink is Sprint "vision" based so you have to sacrifice phone calls in order to use readylink (push to talk service with sprint) as you have to be online. There are one big button on left for PTT and there are three more.
    He got grey color set and he claim his keys on keyboard are bit of square shaped.

Also he is testing new lifedrive (in beta) with more space and new hard drive but no more word on that.

Wish me luck....take care till next time.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    New Treos are released roughly once a year. That is according to past history. I predict we will see a new one in November.
    Perhaps that consistency will remain true and makes some sense. sam2579's post is interesting (if his source is indeed reliable.)

If this is true and WiFi drivers are not released for the Treo 650 by then, a good indicator of the veracity of these posts prior to the official release of the Treo 700 will be massive filings by Palm and VZW for orders of protection against Verizon customers who ponied up over $400 for a Treo 650 along with a 1 or 2 year service commitment.
    ..Also Readylink is Sprint "vision" based so you have to sacrifice phone calls in order to use readylink (push to talk service with sprint)..
    So when you using PTT, you need to disconnect the phone call first? That make sense to me. Are you saying with Nextel, you don't need to disconnect the phone call and you can still walkie-talkie someone else?

There is a reason Nextel doesn't have any new model and their phones are so heavey they can crack your wrist.
    Keep the updates coming Sam.

Nevermind the folks that call you a liar. It helps you see who to add to your ignore list .

This board is so cyclical it really is not even funny. Every year when the leaks start there are always folks that doubt the leak. Then more leaks come. Then the official stuff comes. Complaints are made about that. Then the actual device comes. Then the complaints are made about the actual device.

Round and round we go...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I agree darnell. I think sam is legit. I am also getting psyched hearing ev-do rates of 380 to 800 kbps over the web. I mean THATS SOLID!!

what a helluva device we will have on our hands with power like that! damn!

question remains about the costs of unlimited data on ev-do, but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far!
    I gotta have more cowbell
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    So when you using PTT, you need to disconnect the phone call first? That make sense to me. Are you saying with Nextel, you don't need to disconnect the phone call and you can still walkie-talkie someone else?

There is a reason Nextel doesn't have any new model and their phones are so heavey they can crack your wrist.
    No.

It work like this. You have to be connected to internet (or vision service). Now you already should know that once you are connected to internet and there is activity; you cant recieve call (all calls go to voice mail).

PTT (or readylink) work with Vision, instead of separate frequency. So basically when you are using PTT (readylink) you are basically online and if you are with someone talking on PTT, all calls that will come, will go to voicemail directly.

I am not sure if its true or not with current Readylink service with Sprint, but I was explained that Readylink with Sprint is not separate service but using Sprint Vision service.

Hope somebody with Sprint can help. I dont have Readylink, never had.

Take care.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    I agree darnell. I think sam is legit. I am also getting psyched hearing ev-do rates of 380 to 800 kbps over the web. I mean THATS SOLID!!

what a helluva device we will have on our hands with power like that! damn!

question remains about the costs of unlimited data on ev-do, but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far!
    Thanks for your confidence. I am not saying that I am legit, cause I dont have first hand information (I wish I could see the device myself). Although I am so excited, I want to meet that person, even if I can fly CA, if he let me see the device. But he is tough nut.

I am having all these info from third person, who claims he is beta testing that device. I am just trying to forward all information here after understanding what he is saying. I am not editing anything and I have strong feeling, by this person explaining things, that he knows what he is talking about.

Again I want all to take it as rumor, but I do hope this all is true. And again, PLEASE read my first post correctly, WIFI is included in device that this person testing, but he himself claims that he is not sure if WIFI will be included in final device. SO whatever you read on Engadget or any other site, make sure you realize that I never said it will be included in my first post. There is strong indication that there will be WiFi, or why would Palm let people test it? But may be they wont activate it, or sprint hide WiFi functionality. I guess, on that, shadowmite and others might help us later on.

Take care.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Well I know I got the point in your first post, which is why I mentioned:

This always happens.

If you had first hand knowledge you would have been bound by agreements that would have prevented you from saying anything. So for any leaks this is often how it comes.

The final facts all come out in time. But it is nice to have this information for now. I take it all with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens.

Then there are some folks that are "new" to this and can't help but attack the messenger. (Ignore list candidates.)
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    That's a nice post Darnell. I think the problem is that the message gets confused by some and exacerbated as it makes it's disseminated. Add that to an overly optimistic auience of fone fanatics (which many of us are here to varying degrees.) While all of us would like a certain outcome we have to keep it calm and see the facts as they are today.

I thought it was pretty clear that Sam wasn't sure how bona fide his source is but credible enough to think it worth posting along with his disclaimer. Keep it coming man.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    That's a nice post Darnell. I think the problem is that the message gets confused by some and exacerbated as it makes it's disseminated. Add that to an overly optimistic auience of fone fanatics (which many of us are here to varying degrees.) .
    is it me, or what the h*!! did slinky just say.....i think he doesnt even know what he said...oh man....now i got a headache.....you're killin' me man, keep it comprehensive for us *little people*...!!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast