Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    sam2579, I think your info sounds very believable and likely to happen.Thx.
    Sam2579,

I think you are spot on with this. I noticed yesterday that the Sprint Treo 650 dropped in base price to $549, and they are notorious for keeping handset prices high. The price of the Treo 600 stayed at $599 until shortly after the 650 was released, then it dropped to $549.

Also, they would be idiots to not include EVDO, especially with Sprint releasing the PPC-6700, which has EVDO and WiFi.
    Last edited by MisterFuhrman; 09/17/2005 at 06:05 PM. Reason: I'm stoopid
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    EVDO will be there. My "source" knows this for sure.
    Sam, thank you for admitting your information was wrong and I hope this helps us all learn a lesson. A lot of loyal Palm users took your words and ran a lot of us who are Treo users and could care less about the OS as long as it is stable and does what we want away from these forums for believing there maybe something good out there in the near future. It is sad we were savaged and I am glad to hear from you that the WM5 Treo is near. Can we expect some apologies when the Treo WM5 is announced?
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Sam, thank you for admitting your information was wrong and I hope this helps us all learn a lesson. A lot of loyal Palm users took your words and ran a lot of us who are Treo users and could care less about the OS as long as it is stable and does what we want away from these forums for believing there maybe something good out there in the near future. It is sad we were savaged and I am glad to hear from you that the WM5 Treo is near. Can we expect some apologies when the Treo WM5 is announced?
    I always posted info with disclaimer. Since I dont have the device in my hand, I cant say or deny anything and that is why all my information given were, and still are, should be taken as RUMORS.
    I am forwarding all this info because this time it is hard to even get a valid rumor out, since Palm is so tight mouth. And I believed this guy because the way he told and explained things, and it made sense all the way.

As far as new Treo, Treo670 is not an upgrade (well call it an upgrade of an OS on it). It is 650 with WM OS on it. So I dont think Palm want to load all their ships on WMobile for now. They are testing it (and may be giving PalmSource a warning in a sense to complete migration to linux based PalmOS sooner) or they can release two Treos in future. But next valid upgrade is Colbat based Treo700 (As I said earlier). It is a real upgrade where device shape is bit changed. It has built in wifi, PTT, Bluetooth 2.1 and other goodies with multitasking abilites. And many people (who tested) returned that device after beta testing months ago( i.e Treo700) but Palm just decided to make money from Treo650. So this Treo670 is not an upgrade. It is just a new OS on Treo650. There were and are plans to upgrade software to add SD card based Wifi [edited] (unconfirmed) on both Treo650 and Treo670. But I am not sure if it will come with Treo670 at release time or will be updated later with software upgrade, or if it will ever happen.

I am sorry that I am bad news bearer but again I am just forwarding stuff as it comes to me. And since I dont have pictures or device please take all of this stuff as rumors till these devices really release.
    Last edited by sam2579; 09/18/2005 at 09:50 AM.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    But next valid upgrade is Colbat based Treo700 (As I said earlier). It is a real upgrade where device shape is bit changed. It has built in wifi, PTT, Bluetooth 2.1 and other goodies with multitasking abilites. And many people (who tested) returned that device after beta testing months ago( i.e Treo700) but Palm just decided to make money from Treo650.
    So when do your sources say we can see this Treo 700 device?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    So when do your sources say we can see this Treo 700 device?
    His eariler post I think he mentions the Treo 700 in late 2006.
    "There were and are plans to upgrade software to add SD card based EVDO or Wifi (unconfirmed) on both Treo650 and Treo670."

This really damages your credibility.

Surur
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    "There were and are plans to upgrade software to add SD card based EVDO or Wifi (unconfirmed) on both Treo650 and Treo670."

This really damages your credibility.

Surur
    Sorry guys, its only Wifi card and not EVDO. It is weekend and I think I might have not heard correct when I talk to my source yesterday. I confirmed this morning and my source told me that it is not possible to have EVDO card and he never told me about EVDO card thing. It is my typo or may be I was a bit drunk when I talk to my source last time, I dont remember correctly . Again my apologies. All other things I posted are confirmed. Thanks Surus for pointing that out. I just edited my original post. Thanks again.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    one question: explain to me how the 670 WM5 treo, which you claim is the same essentially as the 650, can run WM5 unless it has a memory upgrade. i'm still unsure if you imply that the 670 will have evdo, or if the evdo is left for the 700 series
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    one question: explain to me how the 670 WM5 treo, which you claim is the same essentially as the 650, can run WM5 unless it has a memory upgrade. i'm still unsure if you imply that the 670 will have evdo, or if the evdo is left for the 700 series
    Honestly, I am not sure. The person I am contact with tested Treo700. This news that WM5 based Treo is releasing is just announced to all circle within Palm. There might be memory upgrade (which as of today I am not told) but, Treo670 is not anything new except Treo650 with new OS on it. We should hear valid official news from Palm in VERY near future.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    We should hear valid official news from Palm in VERY near future.
    hmmm...how very???
    Isn't the CTIA scheduled later this month? Would Palm announce something related to Treo by then?

EDIT: Forget it, I don't even see Palm as an exhibitor or sponsor.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    it would more than likely need more Memory especially if it runs WM5. as for evdo, if the WM5 treo is released without evdo , it is worthless. both verizon and sprint are expanding their evdo coverage, and with Sprint's very competitive rates for EVDO, it's almost dated technology if Palm releases a non-evdo device, which to me, now that i think of it, is not surprising
    Honestly, I am not sure. The person I am contact with tested Treo700. This news that WM5 based Treo is releasing is just announced to all circle within Palm. There might be memory upgrade (which as of today I am not told) but, Treo670 is not anything new except Treo650 with new OS on it. We should hear valid official news from Palm in VERY near future.
    I hope that it does change a bit. they need a bigger screen and more memory. i love my 650 but i am running into a problems with it wanting to reset becasue of it being on too long or too much memory in use. i was hopeing for a ptt button also. i am now leaning towards the htc wizard and a moto v557 or lg 7200 with ptt on cingular
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    were being scammed by some in here I fear, be weary of the statements folks...
  17.    #277  
    ok guys, memory is 64MB and EVDO is (as my source tell me) "Very Likely". And screen size is (sorry to tell you) is same as Treo650. And most of the specs (other than memory and "might be" EVDO) are same. And announcement is going to happen very soon (not sure how soon?? DATE???). CNET is one of the first media source to disclose the news, so make sure you visit their site.
    Take care.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    good grief. how about going with what was said all along about the next wm5 treo: same footprint, but inclusion of evdo and more memory (64mb ram, 64rom or higher).
    sheesh
    if the 670 is just going to be a wm version with evdo then the ppc6700 is getting more and more appealing.
    Hey Sam, thanks for the updates. Seems like a ew places are picking up on this info too. Koolbeans.

EDIT:
    Then again, crap I would have liked to see the Cobalt Treo now. Your info about it not coming because of the 650 seems quite weird though considering the incredible price drop of the 650 all over the place (@ $200 with contract in some places). Now, if Palm is posistioning the 670 as a temp flagship, that would be weird, and somewhat a slap and nudge to Access to get things going. Then again, if a Cobalt one if on hold, maybe, just maye, Access has been playing with the Cobalt code and did a few things that Palm wants to include and make sure that it works for the 700/ABC model.
    Last edited by Antoine of MMM; 09/19/2005 at 08:58 AM.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.