Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    this site doesnt work for me anymore, I can load it and request directions but when I click google search, a page comes up where they should be but theres an empty space where directions should be
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    does anyone still use this? im sure someone must, its the best driving directions for a mobile phone, easiest to enter. Let me know if anyone uses it still and it works, I miss it!
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    does anyone still use this? im sure someone must, its the best driving directions for a mobile phone, easiest to enter. Let me know if anyone uses it still and it works, I miss it!
    Umm...I'd say Dir Assist is the best as you never need to touch blazer until the map/directions are laid out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Umm...I'd say Dir Assist is the best as you never need to touch blazer until the map/directions are laid out for you.
    Where's Dir Assist? Or is it a Palm app?

bob
    Directory Assistant is an excellent third-party app:
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    And DirectorAssistant is a freeware!!!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I didn't like Dir Assist much, too much work to get what I wanted, if you check out Google maps mobile you can put all inputs on one page and have directions instantly. i miss it
    what was the site for google maps mobile? I thought no one ever got it to work?
    I admit I haven't heard much about mobile google maps either. I think it's possible, but I dunno for sure.

However, I highly doubt that it could be easier than Directory Assistant. Did you get the right program?? You know you can store strings in there like your address: "5388 Screwdriver Ln." for easy access. I'm just not following what you thought was too much work for directions. It's as easy as it could possibly get.
    There is a java app for google maps out there. The dev is supposedly working on a Treo compatible ver last I heard....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Is there a link to Google Maps?
    Sure...here: http://maps.google.com/

As for the mobile version, which is what you were prolly askin' for...you can find info here:http://www.mgmaps.com/index.php
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    http://www.google.com/xhtml?site=loc...20&near=%20&q=

that java app looks exciting, wish it worked a phone like the treo though =/

I actually gave DA a second chance and it's not bad. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    I actually gave DA a second chance and it's not bad. Thanks
    Just outta curiousity, did you try something else by accident?? Or what was it that you didn't like?

It's prolly the most helpful and frequently used application by all Treo users.
    I use Yahoo Maps instead. Works good for me.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    ok i take it back, i like this directory assistant, only thing thats weird is that when u search for directions theres a bit of lag while loading the page, it pauses longer than u'd think, strange
    That's 'cause it's using Blazer (or Xiino, perhaps) to download stuff from mapquest.

Anytime you have an application do a specialized function for you...it's going to be much easier than a browser. (i.e. - Directory Assistant, Handmark Express, iPedia, etc.)
    S'a doggone SHAME that this thread was buried...wherever it was, so deeply that I couldn't even find it using the TC search functions.

In fact, if it weren't for Googling, I wouldn't have found it, at all.

Just allow me, if you will, to apply the patented west3man stamp of ap-2$@$^T %$&@&in'-proval to this 43q^$&%*er. Someone beamed this app. to me when I was geekin' at Best Buy, one day, and I've been lovin' it up ever since.

*bows head*

Amen.