Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    heard from a reliable source that Palms new Windows based Treo will be out next quarter! anyone else know more?
    Obviously if your info is genuine you have to be careful not to get your source in touble

but....

If your source is so reliable what else do you need to know.

Also, please provide more details about the device if you have them.

I have seen enough news break quietly in these forums that I know anything is possible. However a few more details will go a lonng way toward giving your story and your source believability
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    heard from a reliable source that Palms new Windows based Treo will be out next quarter! anyone else know more?
    NOO!!! I don't want to believe it, even though it's prolly better for consumers!! I hate MS with a passion, but PalmSource had it coming to 'em.
    why would they name it the 730 when samsungs i730 just came out? Just seems to me they are setting themselves up for criticism. But ill have to see some more solid info without a source listed and barely any info, the 650 had rumors and pics out 6 months before its release, i cant see this new one being only a quarter away with no one knowing info about it.
    Treo 730....Samsung i730....i730 is a Windows Mobile device....sounds like a case of getting the products confused.

I find it hard to believe that the next Treo will be the "730".

"700" maybe, "730", probably not.

Windows Mobile, aka, Magneto? Hopefully.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I think that the "out" piece will mostly relate to rumors and early pictures, but I do think it is quite feasible that the rumors around a Magneto based Treo will go rampant next quarter. By that time it is more than a year ago that the rumors for the 650 (610 back then) started. I'll be following it closely...if Microsoft has been able to significantly improve the phone-PDA integration, as well as the ease-of-use of the phone app, then I will want to give it a try. I just got my VZW T650 on a new contract a month ago...sooooo...yup...about 23 months from now I'm sure VZW will be just about to release the next Treo
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I would say a hoax, How can a Palm have MS? It would not be a Palm then. I'd save your rumor mills for better subjects.

Rumor has it there will be more rumors like this....
    What ever happend to the Treo numbers being divisable by 3? 90... 180.. 270.. 300.. 600

650?? what the hell!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    there have been many pics of a supposed 650 floating around with windows. i love the palm os, but it seems palm even though it is more popular will go the way of apple and ms will take over the market. look at all of the new pda phones coming out, majority are windows based
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Those Pics from MTDN were an April fools day joke...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Those Pics from MTDN were an April fools day joke...
    yes but not the ones posted here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=6917

from...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=treo+pic
    The SECOND LG acquired the rights to Palm OS we knew. Why haven't we heard a peep about PalmOne (Palm.............whatever) becoming a licensee (spelling?) to the Windows platform; be it the PDA platform or the Mobile Platform?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Treo 730....Samsung i730....i730 is a Windows Mobile device....sounds like a case of getting the products confused.

I find it hard to believe that the next Treo will be the "730".

"700" maybe, "730", probably not.

Windows Mobile, aka, Magneto? Hopefully.
    Exactly. Sounds like the OP is confused.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    I would say a hoax, How can a Palm have MS? It would not be a Palm then. I'd save your rumor mills for better subjects.
    Huh? I think you are confusing PalmSource with palmOne. But in fact, neither party is married to the Palm OS. PalmSource is openly flirting with Linux, and palmOne has indicated that a Windows Mobile OS is certainly a possibililty for a palmOne handheld.

Did he tell you which stock to buy too? Becuase I think you should invest vast majority of your life saving on it.
    i just dumped my palmsource stock based on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    What ever happend to the Treo numbers being divisable by 3? 90... 180.. 270.. 300.. 600

650?? what the hell!
    All of the models you refer too were created by Handspring not Palmone. Maybe Palm doesn't like the number 3.
    chalk this up to another usless treo rumor thread...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/14/2005 at 01:24 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This is completely out of question. I have very reliable source. Treo is not coming out till 2006 (write it down someone, sorry but that is what it is). And also it is Palm based. (not sure which vesion). Also there is nothing changed as per form factor or OS, only improvement to 650. So just stop speculating wrong information. And it is definately not 730.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    Didn't Palm recently announce that they have halted all production of new units until the Linux-based OS is finished? And didn't they just say that it will be finished sometime early next year?

If that is the case, we'll see the next Treo with the Linux-based Palm OS early next year.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast