View Poll Results: What would be the best form for the next Treo?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slider

4 4.40%
  • Extending screen

11 12.09%
  • Extend and rotate to landscape.

10 10.99%
  • Fatfinger (no hard keyboard)

2 2.20%
  • Keep the form the same maybe thinner.

42 46.15%
  • Widen it up for a bigger keyboard

4 4.40%
  • Clamshell Treo like the kyocera 7135.

18 19.78%
  1.    #1  
    I know another site used 2 of my pics for a poll awhile back but I would like to know out of the 7 option listed what would users like in the next Treo.
    I vote for "B", or "C" if the phone is narrow enough. Actually, it's fat finger (T5) or folding for me.
    slider means thicker. dont need thicker.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I want a Treo that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. I've never understood why a thumbboard, which you have to look at the keys anyway, is in qwerty format. Position the oft-used keys so you don't have to move your thumbs so much.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Form is great. I already had a slider in the T3, and, amazingly, I do not miss the 480x320 screen, even though I do some spreadsheets. (The 650 screen solidified the form factor, the 160x160 of the 600 was an issue with the form factor, IMHO.)

Cheers, Perry.
  6.    #6  
    I myself am torn between the current Treo and the clamshell design of my old Kyocera 7135 for its screen protection and because it sat so well on the hip. I have tried many cases for my Treo because a bar phone is a hard thing to wear.

If a qwerty kb could be incorporated on a clamshell phone I would be 99% satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    I want a Treo that doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. I've never understood why a thumbboard, which you have to look at the keys anyway, is in qwerty format. Position the oft-used keys so you don't have to move your thumbs so much.
    Yeah, so the rest of folks who have been using QWERTY for years and years can start all over? Sorry, I do not have to look at the keys. I know where they are.

Hunt and peckers would have to look at any kind of keyboard layout.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Yeah, so the rest of folks who have been using QWERTY for years and years can start all over? Sorry, I do not have to look at the keys. I know where they are.

Pamela
    I've been using a qwerty for years... on a regular keyboard. If you are able to type on a thumbboard without looking at the keys, I am impressed.

I'm not saying get rid of it on all Treo models, but I would like some innovation in thumbboard designs.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836

Pamela
    Did she just call me a ******?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Did she just call me a ******?
    If the )&$%# (err, shoe...) fits...
    DesignExtend.com
    If the )&$%# (err, shoe...) fits...
    You are married, else I might take the invitation.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yeah, but you know my hubby can't see a thing, right?

Errrp, but he CAN access the INTERNET - I better shut right up.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Yeah, but you know my hubby can't see a thing, right?

Errrp, but he CAN access the INTERNET - I better shut right up.

Pamela
    And I thought I was shameless!!

But back on topic Muffin Babe,

I would prefer the next Treo to stay the same.

But, if there were a radical change, I want a clamshell design. Not the old Qualcomm/Kyocera type, but like the Sony UX- Palm devices.

i want something sexy like the motorola mpx. either that or keep it the way it is. the slider is a bad idea.
    extendable screen could be nice!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I'm thinking Palm could extend the screen size by not changing the current dimesnions of the Treo 650. There's some unused real estate near the bottom of the screen (just before the home and menu buttons) and some space near the top of the screen that could be saved by using the latest and greatest technology/chips. Even if doing so adds only a 1/2 inch to an inch of space, I'm all for it. The less moving parts the better (remember the T300?). I dig the candybar style, let's not change that! (If we had a sliding screen, it might make it diffcult to accoomade cases, like the Vaja.)
    ###
    I'd like to see the Clie form factor - landscape clamshell or the tall portrait clamshell. Both would allow for a larger screen.
    Flip form is coming from behind! People vote vote vote!
    The T650's form, fit, and function is exactly why I bought mine and I have not been disappointed. Nothing else comes close for me of the other smartphones I've played around with or handled including the T600. If the current T650 design can be improved then I'll welcome it, but I think it will be hard to beat. I think it's more likely others will copy some of its design features relative to form and fit before Palm changes it much.