1.    #1  
    Press Release today.

ATLANTA, July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Cingular customers can exchange pictures
    and short video messages, including text and audio, with any Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Leap Wireless and US Cellular customer, who has an MMS-enabled device, as well as any email address. With Intercarrier Multimedia Messaging Service, Cingular customers have access to the broadest wireless MMS community, representing 80 percent of wireless subscribers in the U.S.

Read more here.

The Apple/Motorola iTunes phone (or the infamous iTunesMobile software on Motorola hardware) deal has gone through many carriers I'm certain. T-Mobile and Cingular are two that have most certainly proven very difficult to work with and have probably soured the dealings. There have been 5 different scheduled announcements over the last 7 months and nothing has come to fruition (that's a word, isn't it?).

I have been talking about this for the last 5 months in the "Mac and Treo" threads but seeing this news bit makes it seem like dogs and cats are living together and the sky is now green. What could be pushing the carriers to do this. Could it be the threat of Apple going on it's own to provide cellular (or maybe satellite) service.

What in Sam-Heck is going on here? These guys are greedy bastards and are out for blood. Why would they now see it to be beneficial to share pictures and songs with the competition?

Could it be that Apple will soon be offering a highly competitive service... only because these very same carriers have shut Apple out of their existing network?
    Apple will become a wireless carrier (ala Cingular, Sprint,etc.) on the same day the winged monkeys fly out of my arse.
    There are lots of thing that Apple (or should I say Steve Jobs) would do before buying cell towers...........................

A better guess is that these carriers don't want to spend the coin to make yet another phone OS compatable with exsisting systems.

p.s. - I wanted to use the "winged monkeys - arse" analogy, but mikec beat me too it.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Apple will become a wireless carrier (ala Cingular, Sprint,etc.) on the same day the winged monkeys fly out of my arse.
    Fly my pretties! Fly!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I think that the MNVO business model actually makes some sense:

http://www.forbes.com/technology/200...otix&referrer=
    Please do not cross post.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836