Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone...

Lets all welcome LG to the Palm Community and hope their Power and Money can bring the Palm OS back to it's numbers b4 the dark side (windows moble).

Timmay

http://palmsource.com/press/2005/070605_lg.html
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Counting the days until a Windows Mobile 2005 Treo.....
    I'm back!
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    LG makes crap products. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Yeah, I don't think this announcement is going to send shockwaves through the industry.

I try to steer clear of LG products.
    I'm back!
  5.    #5  
    Well Crap or not i'm still looking forward to seeing what they can do. Imagine a Palm OS flip Phone that you could get for $50 when you sign a contract. Good things can come from this. I always like the LG VX6000 camera phone. If they had something like that with the Palm OS that would rock. I could see my Non-Treo cheap friends buying that phone.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Don't Verizon and LG have some kind of close contract so that LG makes some Phone exclusively for Verizon? I wonder if LG is going to make Palm Smartphones exclusively for Verizon. That would suck..!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Don't Verizon and LG have some kind of close contract so that LG makes some Phone exclusively for Verizon? I wonder if LG is going to make Palm Smartphones exclusively for Verizon. That would suck..!

Al

Sprint have LG phones
    Well, crappy phones or not, it means PalmSource is getting a profit from this deal. I can't wait to see a long screen smart phone from whoever makes it. If Sony would have made Smartphones we would have been in heavens now. Is it too late for Sony to make a come back?

Al
    It will be good to see what they can come up with, but looking at their (rather slow) web site it seems they have a nasty addiction to flips and antennae.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo

Al
    not likely...there are plenty phones out there that are only made for certain carriers. moto Razr? does that mean moto wont make phones for other carriers? obviously not.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Competition encourages lower pricing and additional features. So I am glad about LG developing PalmOS Smartphones. I like PalmOS and am hoping LG introduces a PalmOS Smartphone soon. Samsung has a PalmOS license but hasn't developed a new PalmOS smartphone in quite a while...maybe the news with LG will wake up Samsung...
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    My wife has been using the same basic Sprint LG phone for 3 1/2 years, so have 3 other family members, all using the cheap little flip model 4NE1. My experience has been that LG makes a very reliable, long lasting and inexpensive "crap product." I only wish handspring/palmone/palm made products as "crappy" as LG.

eek
    I'm down for a flip phone. The Samsung i550 was a bust. I hardly use the keyboard, so form factor is more important to me.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    My wife's sprint BT LG phone is rock solid.
    LG shouldnt be allowed to make anything!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I would love to see a mpx220 sized Palm phone. I hate the Samsung old Palm phones becuase they were too big.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    LG shouldnt be allowed to make anything!
    out of curiosity, scandalex, regarding your avatar - is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    out of curiosity, scandalex, regarding your avatar - is that you?
    Yes .........wait, you're not a bill collector are you?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Hmmm I bet sooner than later, we will see some type of palm smartphone with wifi. someone will do it, either PalmOne, or LG.
    Believe or not, this is big news. LG is a Tier 1 handset maker (i.e, top 5 OEM).

What I'ld like to know is which PalmOS version are they going to support? Garnet or Cobalt? The latter would make much more sense imo since Garnet is nearing it's end of life cycle and Coblat has alot better smartphone support...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast