Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 20.97%
  • No

49 79.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious as to how many of you carry along a spare "normal" phone with you when you're on the road? I lug along my trusty Nokia 6610 just in case. Its proven handy when the Treo dies (I'm on my 3rd), or when I can't get a signal.
    No, I travel light as possible. That is why I went to the 650 from my Palm T3 PDA/Bluetooth cell phone combo. The 650 has never died on me, although, when a day trip turned into a 3 day (and I had not brought my wall charger), I did stop into a Sprint Store for a quick fill up (charge).

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/06/2005 at 09:05 AM.
    nope... I don't carry a spare phone w/ me.
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Never. I'm on 650 #1. She may reset every once in a while, but never let's me down as a phone!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Nope, I live and die with the Treo...hopefully more of the former!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Nope. I mean, thats one of the selling points of the treo...one stop shopping...I dont want to take anything with me (including my laptop )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Just the Treo. Sometimes a laptop.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I carry on old Samsung 8500, not because of the Treo though. I live in Kentucky and sometimes the cell phone coverage is very weak in rural areas. The Samsung 8500 is digital and analog which helps.

The one thing I have notice in the past six months is that my Treo 600's ability to call in these rural areas via digital roaming is significantly improved. I believe one of the reason's is that a local cell phone companies (Bluegrass Cellular) recently changed all their towers from TDMA to CDMA. So I believe the credit for this improved signal really can be giving to Bluegrass cellular, not Sprint, but I have my Samsung 8500 just in case I find myself without a digital signal.
    The reason I bought my first palmphone (Kyocera 6035) was because I didn't want to carry two devices. I still feel that way.
    Only my Treo 650. I got rid of my T2 and Samsung phone to have a single device. I travel quite a bit with much of it internationally and have never had a phone issue or had the device die on me.
    Well like the others, I ALWAYS have my Treo 650 with me, however, I also like to carry my other phone too...in my back pocket just so I can be cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I always have a spare.
    Always a spare. Somewhere close. Recently I have begun carrying a Nokia 1100 GSM unlocked in my left front pocket - just in case. In the future, I may have the Treo with Chatter and EDGE pulling down my email 24/7 and a MotoA630 for IM and phone duties. But until then I LOVE my T650 and I shall not let it go. It truly is the all in one wonder device, and I have been using Treo's since the T270GSM, so I'm not new to the platform - they are just closer than ever to perfection.
    Always. Been burned before, also, I have multiple sims for different countries so making local calls do not cost me a fortune. Keep my TMO sim in the 650, and local sim in my MOT Timeport 280. The MOT also serves as a backup for the 650.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I don't internationally travel, just in the Northeast. I almost never have a signal issue with Cingular. I'm not worried about losing the cell phone function, but I do carry my "standard" planner with me, just in case a reset issue wipes out my info on my Treo.

So no, Treo only.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I only carry a spare when I travel to Europe, I use a local sim in it to avoid the expensive calls.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I don't really travel, but I have a spare phone, several actually. There are times when its nice to have just a small little flip phone in my pocket. I love my Treo and wouldn't trade it for anything but that spare phone and GSM comes in handy
    What a waste of space carrying an xtra phone!!! One phone is enough....with the Treo, I often will leave the laptop at home. If I only had WiFi or EVDO, the laptop would be nearly obsolete (IMO)
    When traveling alone, I have my Treo and (sometimes my laptop if it's a weekday).
    When traveling with my wife, she has a BB and brings her laptop.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    We have mounted in our RVing vehicle a 1980's bag phone, with a high gain external antenna. It is not activated but still can dial 911 in an emergency or use a credit card to place a call. Just in case we are in a remote area with only service, we still can get help if in a pinch. You can get them on eBay for a buck.

As far as a real cell phone when flying etc, nope, I am hoping for the best. Worst comes to worse, I probably would try to find a sprint store and get transfered to a different cheap phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast