1.    #1  
    I lusted after a Treo 650 when they were released but I have Verizon Useless and they did not offer the 650.

In May they sent me E-mail stating that the 650 was finally available. Head for the phone store only to find out that they were already "out-of-stock" but "We are expecting a delivery next week, We'll call you".

A week goes by and no call so I call back "Where's my Treo 650"?
    "Next week for sure!"

Another week and again, nothing. Again I call and leave a message. No return call. Call store direct to check if my sales rep. has died (wishfull thinking).
    "Sorry, we have a special shipment this weekend. I'll call you."

Another week and nothing. I call yet again.
    "Well, we got some but you are at the bottom of the list. Maybe next week."

Enough of this clown. I contact Verizon Useless support and they respond with a page of donkey blather about how great they are and directions on using the web order page.

I go on-line to "upgrade your current phone" page but the Treo 650 isn't there to order. Reply to support "Now what?"
    "Call us at 1-800-EAT-S#*T"
    "Hello, Verizon Useless, I want to upgrade my current phone to a Treo 650."
    "Yes sir, let me check on that." Looooooooong pause. "Sir, we are out of stock but call us again on Friday".
    Here we go again!
    lol, feel a little better now?
    1 | 2
    Strange is that it is not even listed on their site anymore!!!
    I just looked and it's back on their site. Even the 600 with no camera is listed. It was off of there last week. I've had good luck with the 800 number, getting them next day. Shame is, they were all replacements.
    Check it out...there are 58 verizon 650's for sale on eBay

Tom O'Connell
  6. GXX
    Maybe you're unlucky. Got my Treo ordered through my VZW rep on the day it was released.
    Verizon has been terrible.

I'm interested in buying a Treo 650, but I have to get it without the camera because you're not allowed to take a camera into where I work. I spoke with PalmOne and they told me that the Treo 650 can be ordered without the camera. But, Verizon won't order any to sell. All they need to do is order them, but they won't.

Michael
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68
    Verizon has been terrible.

I'm interested in buying a Treo 650, but I have to get it without the camera because you're not allowed to take a camera into where I work. I spoke with PalmOne and they told me that the Treo 650 can be ordered without the camera. But, Verizon won't order any to sell. All they need to do is order them, but they won't.

Michael
    For what it's worth, Sprint is the only provider in the US that I know people have gotten cameraless Treos from. If you want to go with Verizon, though, then that's probably little help. Apparently there is a way to modify a Sprint Treo to work with Verizon, however, so if you get really desperate you might be able to do that. I believe the Sprint ones are only available through their business sales division.

HTH,
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    For what it's worth, Sprint is the only provider in the US that I know people have gotten cameraless Treos from. If you want to go with Verizon, though, then that's probably little help. Apparently there is a way to modify a Sprint Treo to work with Verizon, however, so if you get really desperate you might be able to do that. I believe the Sprint ones are only available through their business sales division.

HTH,
    Brett
    Brett, thanks for the info. I'd consider Sprint, but around here, Sprint's phone coverage is not adequate and Verizon is pretty good. That's the big dilemna. I guess another option is to consider the i730 which should be (hopefully) available sometime soon.

I know most people prefer to have a camera in their devices, but I and many other people cannot have one. Why Verizon wouldn't provide good customer service and make them available is beyond me, since PalmOne can provide them.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLess
    I lusted after a Treo 650 when they were released but I have Verizon Useless and they did not offer the 650.

In May they sent me E-mail stating that the 650 was finally available. Head for the phone store only to find out that they were already "out-of-stock" but "We are expecting a delivery next week, We'll call you".

A week goes by and no call so I call back "Where's my Treo 650"?
    "Next week for sure!"

Another week and again, nothing. Again I call and leave a message. No return call. Call store direct to check if my sales rep. has died (wishfull thinking).
    "Sorry, we have a special shipment this weekend. I'll call you."

Another week and nothing. I call yet again.
    "Well, we got some but you are at the bottom of the list. Maybe next week."

Enough of this clown. I contact Verizon Useless support and they respond with a page of donkey blather about how great they are and directions on using the web order page.

I go on-line to "upgrade your current phone" page but the Treo 650 isn't there to order. Reply to support "Now what?"
    "Call us at 1-800-EAT-S#*T"
    "Hello, Verizon Useless, I want to upgrade my current phone to a Treo 650."
    "Yes sir, let me check on that." Looooooooong pause. "Sir, we are out of stock but call us again on Friday".
    Here we go again!

if this is any help, our company got 6 the first day they were available, all working fine on verizon, on the 11 of june my boss busted his screen 1 week or so after we gave it to him. he has insurance filed claim on the 13th of june, he is still without a phone replacement 3 almost 4 weeks later. on backorder
    Verizon offered the 600 without a camera. Still a very good phone, and cheaper than the 650. Last time I was in a store (~3 weeks ago) they still had 600s for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Verizon offered the 600 without a camera. Still a very good phone, and cheaper than the 650. Last time I was in a store (~3 weeks ago) they still had 600s for sale.
    It's an option I thought about, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on the 600 when I know the 650 has improvements and more capabilities.
    hey..

If there is a Comp USA store near you, check to see if they have Verizon/Treo 650 in stock. I bought my Sprint/Treo 650 there. Activated the phone myself and an hour later Sprint downloaded the Vision pack onto the phone.

Just an idea..

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68
    It's an option I thought about, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on the 600 when I know the 650 has improvements and more capabilities.
    When you consider the issues (reports of poor RF, lack of availablity of the model you prefer, extra cost), the 600 stacks up pretty well IMO. It's definitely not enough of an improvement (all I could use now is really the better camera and higher res screen) for me to upgrade, even though I'm eligible for promotional pricing.

Besides, you should be able to pick up a 600 WOC on ebay fairly cheap, which should tide you over until a 650 WOC (or something else that you prefer) becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    When you consider the issues (reports of poor RF, lack of availablity of the model you prefer, extra cost), the 600 stacks up pretty well IMO. It's definitely not enough of an improvement (all I could use now is really the better camera and higher res screen) for me to upgrade, even though I'm eligible for promotional pricing.

Besides, you should be able to pick up a 600 WOC on ebay fairly cheap, which should tide you over until a 650 WOC (or something else that you prefer) becomes available.
    I appreciate your thoughts, and it's something I'll consider as an option.

But regardless, I have the issue in the first place, and I'm in a jam in the first place, because Verizon has been terrible about this, both by not offering the 'no camera' option and by also failing to have any reliable information available regarding the 'no camera' option in the future.

Michael