Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    So last night for the fourth I took TONS of awesome pics. Treo was great for it with videos and all. So I go to send them all to my text america account...says this will take 9 minutes, OK no prob. So I let it go for a while, then all of a sudden it reboots, and now it keeps rebooting with a message "The free data storage on this device is very low. Delete Application or data." then it reboots again, infinite loops!

Can someone please tell me how to get this to stop WITHOUT a format? I really don't want to lose all those great pictures and videos. I tried inserting a SD card but no luck. If anyone can crack this I will be EXTREMELY greatful as these photos are of great sentimental value.

Thanks so much!

Matt
    Can you Hotsynch at all? If you can get the data to the PC that might work so you can delete them. And if the images are corrupt there's software to help put all the pieces back together on images.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    BTW. Last night was the 3rd.
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Can you Hotsynch at all? If you can get the data to the PC that might work so you can delete them. And if the images are corrupt there's software to help put all the pieces back together on images.

Pamela

Can't hotync because the damn thing doesnt get to that point, just continual reset. Can't get a tap in edgewise :/
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    ahhh yea yea :P
    Obviously, he's in an infinite time loop as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Obviously, he's in an infinite time loop as well.
    LOL.

Not that his issue is funny at all. (Betcha he'll use an SD card next time).

Anyway, I've no clue what to do cause I'm a woman, err, not a high-end power techie user...

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Warm reset. If not, Hard reset.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Warm reset. If not, Hard reset.
    I tried holding down up, nothing happened. What is a warm reset?
    Last edited by Insertion; 07/04/2005 at 11:08 PM. Reason: fixed link

Be sure to scroll up to the Warm reset. You want to use Hard as a last resort - you'll lose your pics with that.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Had the same thing happen to me used up all my data memory filming july 4th in DC. Do a soft reset holding the side button up then it will stop the reset and allow you to move files around. I used my camera and moved my files to my card then I did a soft reset and everything was fine.

Fred
    also, once you get past this, you should consider getting a "real" digital camera. while, I'm sure the pictures and videos you took on the treo were meaningful to you, the image quality of the treo's camera is pretty bad. for important memories, you should look into getting a dedicated digital camera. i recommend Canon, but there are many good choices, starting around $150, such as the Canon A510.

Good luck.
    Or at the very least, go into the Photo Album, and make sure the Card icon is selected (upper right hand corner.) This way your pix are saved direcly to Card (until you switch it back, or soft reset the device.)

Quote Originally Posted by machx
    as these photos are of great sentimental value.
    A treos camera is the last thing I'd would use for sentimental value.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    THANKS guys it worked. Got all the pics. I have a digital camera but I don't carry it with me, much too bulky. For things I just want to remember, the treo camera is just fine. If I want a picture to print out or be artistic, yeah I'll use the digicam, but treo is pretty good as a cam.
    Ok here's the deal. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $a$ $bug$ $in$ $palmos$ $that$ $will$ $cause$ $the$ $Treo$ $to$ $crash$ $if$ $there$ $is$ $dangerously$ $low$ $amount$ $of$ $ram$. $Specifically$, $you$ $are$ $filling$ $up$ $all$ $your$ $dynamic$ $heap$, $DB$ $heap$ $etc$ $causing$ $the$ $Treo$ $to$ $crash$. $PalmOS$ $is$ $XIP$ $anymore$ $afaik$, $but$ $you$ $still$ $need$ $a$ $min$ $amount$ $or$ $you$ $crash$...

Thus, you cannot upload all images like that and use up all your ram w/o causing a crash. The simplest solution then would be to upload only a few pics at a time and then clear the attachments from your email client to keep ram empty. Sometimes even a warm reset may not work in the future fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I lost some fouth of July firework pics that same way. I use the RAM because it is faster. I normally use Resco Explorer to move them to the SD afterward. I got a little excited trying to not miss a shot that forgot to not use that "1 shot left" space.

I had a similar issue when Mapopolis crashed and filled the RAM. I was on the road and no way to read TC for the anwser. Since it happened to be 3-4 times, I knew other have had it happen to them too.

The poster said thanks guys but did not quote the post that he used. Based on my own attempts and unsucessful results, I have to assume that Fred's suggestion work. Fred wrote ". Do a soft reset holding the side button up then it will stop the reset and allow you to move files around." Is this the right solution, as I know pressing up on the Nav pad does not work?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com