Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rich! I'm shocked! Such bad advice from a pillar of the TC Community
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf126
    Rich! I'm shocked! Such bad advice from a pillar of the TC Community
    I am not a role model.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I am not a role model.
    LOL neither are a lot of sports stars
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I would give back, but was offering suggestions for one predisposed to profiteering
    Dutch I think nextel is giving out free data for phones that qualify as long as its a new account and your plan is over $30...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  6. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Some of the responses here are pretty disappointing. It's NEVER hard to find the owner of a modern phone, just look at the call log and phone one of the most frequent or recent, or look for a stored phone number called "home". On a Treo it's REALLY easy, just hit "menu" and "phone info" and you'll get the number, call Sprint and say you've found this phone and can they call the owner by checking their records...

I've returned every phone that's ever been left behind at my business (a dozen or so), and a couple that were found on the street/park by staff/other customers that way. Never had to keep one due to being "unable" to find the owner, seems like dodgy opportunism to me.
  7.    #27  
    Out of curiosity, why have you guys suggested Nextel and not Cingular or Verizon? I already have service with Cingular so that is the provider I would like to use.
    Duh....
    RETURN IT

If you really want a Treo,try and find a good deal and activate one of your own.How would you feel if you lost your cell phone,wouldn't you want someone to return it to you....

In this day and age,its pretty simple to do.In the last year I've easily found a dozen or more telephones,either in the office,in a cab,on the bus and they've been easy to return either by contacting the owner directly or calling someone they know (by looking in their recent call log) or with the help of their carrier.

I only hope,g-d forbid,should I lose my Treo,some honest soul steps up to the plate and returns it to me.And if they really wanted one of their own,I'd be willing to contribute towards one for them (I'd give a reward regardless.....)

And ,btw,the phone you found to my knowledge would not work on your carrier as it is a CDMA device and you would need GSM handset for Cingular.

But anyways...RETURN IT!
    Find the owner, that poor individual may need some valuble info stored on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Find the owner, that poor individual may need some valuble info stored on the Treo.
    I woke up this morning and found a Blackberry on the seat of the truck. Huh? Hubby went with neighbor yesterday to pickup a refrigerator - and the neighbor left it right on the seat, in plain sight. Worse, they both forgot to lock the doors.

Good thing we live in a nice neighborhood. I promptly walked to his house and said, "You know, I coulda just sold it on eBay."

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    LOL-that was hilarious. (If we think long enough...we all have left items or have found them.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by c00ld00d
    Out of curiosity, why have you guys suggested Nextel and not Cingular or Verizon? I already have service with Cingular so that is the provider I would like to use.
    because you can't use it with nextel braniac.

RETURN THE PHONE
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

RETURN THE PHONE
    Nah, I'll keep it and just use it as a PDA even if I can't use the phone.
    That's sleazy.

Karma is a b*tch.

You've now shown yourself to be dishonest and a bit stupid. Grow the hell up and do the right thing you friggin jackass.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    what a piece of crap. But like joe said, Karma is a b!tch an she will get you.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    What are you 12?? You plan on buying all the stuff needed for it and try and locate a Start up CD for your machine so you can hotsync all your PDA info? Going to go through all that trouble? I'm calling Bull...t

Your story is a phony and you my friend need to find better things to occupy your time then coming to forums where educated people converse about technology, and make up ridiculous stories for attention... Maybe you were not hugged enough... maybe the popular kids picked on you too much... Whatever your issue is, Grow up and keep your make-believe time stories to the only person who cares... yourself.

KAOS
    Don't mess with c00ld00d. As you can tell by his screen name, he's one of them ther l337 types. Ph33r m3 c0z u sUx0r!!!!oNe11!! 1 ru13 n00bz!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mods can we ban this c00ld00d scumbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

RETURN THE PHONE
    What?!?!? You mean I made up the part about the Flux Manager??

Bad Monkey!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast