Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, call me nuts, but this keeps spinnin' round in my mind. I have fingernails (not LONG ones, but nails they are). I've worn the C, D, E, O, K, L and H off my laptop keyboard.

Anyone wear any keys off the Treo? Wondering if I "must" get some annoying jelly shell thing over the Treo keyboard or if Palm took my repeated scratching of the letters into consideration.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    You mind posting pics of you wearing these keys?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You mind posting pics of you wearing these keys?
    So is this how you're going to hit 5,000 posts in less than a year?

ROTFLMAO!

Hey, do your keys get sticky from all those Bananas?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    So is this how you're going to hit 5,000 posts in less than a year?

ROTFLMAO!

Hey, do your keys get sticky from all those Bananas?

Pamela
    ummmm...no. Not from bananas....

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    'Nuff said. Movin' right along...

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Ignore the monkey, he's here for T/C's cheap entertainment.

Some cases have plastic cover over the keys. It may be annoying but it should help cut down wearing out keys.
    All kidding aside, my keys are fine. My center 5-way button is pretty hazed over though, but that's about it...

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Ignore the monkey, he's here for T/C's cheap entertainment.
    Sometimes I do opine to the topic at hand. (see above)

Verizon sells a case for $24.99, that I have found to be the best case. I like that it has a plastic cover over the keyboard so I believe the letters and numbers will stay on the keys a lot longer (they look like they'd eventually wear off), and I have not once found it to interfere with my pressing the keys. The only drawback I've found is that you have to unsnap the cover to attach the sync or charging cable (but do not have to remove the phone). It comes with a belt clip and I went to best buy and bought a self sticking holder that I put on my dash. Looks like it came with the car. Padded cover will definitely protect the screen in accidental drops.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=16850
    a few of my keys, and the right side of my 5way were wearing badly...

until i got my new 650 yesterday.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Verizon sells a case for $24.99, that I have found to be the best case. I like that it has a plastic cover over the keyboard so I believe the letters and numbers will stay on the keys a lot longer (they look like they'd eventually wear off), and I have not once found it to interfere with my pressing the keys. The only drawback I've found is that you have to unsnap the cover to attach the sync or charging cable (but do not have to remove the phone). It comes with a belt clip and I went to best buy and bought a self sticking holder that I put on my dash. Looks like it came with the car. Padded cover will definitely protect the screen in accidental drops.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=16850
    Thanks. Tried that case and found it annoying. I think a true skin is what I'd need to look at.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    I think I will be on to the 700 before my keys begin to wear. . . .

How about applying clear nail polish acrylic? (Very Carefully!) (Test one key first!!)

Cheers, Perry
  13.    #13  
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Have to see the alcohol base in that.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Hey Pam, did you try it on one key? Getting a smooth non-tacky feel might be a trick, as well.

Cheers, Perry.
    Good suggestion, Perry. Somehow, I don't see myself buying nail polish and painting my Treo.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Pam, did you try it on one key? Getting a smooth non-tacky feel might be a trick, as well.

Cheers, Perry.
    No, I haven't. I'm too much of a wimp to try it actually. I've worn other things off with nail polish and haven't yet to choose a key to be an "inconspicuous piece of carpet."

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Too bad they could not actually put an indented impression of the letter on each key with paint down inside the indent. . . but then again that would make the mfg process more complex . . . . they probably apply the decals with a machine with a one step press. . .

Cheers, Perry
  18.    #18  
    Are your keys actually wearing?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    No, mine are fine, but indented ones would last forever . . . . . way beyond the Treo, no doubt.

Cheers, Perry.
  20. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Cheers, Perry.
    I think clear silicon would work better than nail polish, which could be quite brittle on a rubbery surface. I use a case with a clear plastic cover (saved my Treo a few times from occupational splashing) and I HAVE noticed that there is noticeable wear on the clear plastic at the key locations.
    Pam, if you're concerned about it I'd recommend a case, protects your whole Treo, not just the keys. If not, wait until the keys start to wear but before they're completely illegible and then try the nail polish or whatever.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast