Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I think I will be on to the 700 before my keys begin to wear. . . .

How about applying clear nail polish acrylic? (Very Carefully!) (Test one key first!!)

Cheers, Perry
    I would suggest a matte version of clear polish called "OPI Nail Envy" Matte finish (for men) - that way your keys aren't shiny. They will dry to a non tacky finish, but I am willing to bet they'd peel/chip over time unless you somehow removed the outer casing, painted all the keys twice and then put the case back on. I'm a nailtech and have long nails myself, and my keys aren't wearing. I wouldn't suggest *using* your nails to press the keys anyway.. the sides of my fingers are just fine and I happen to fly on the keys. I attached a picture of my nails so you can see how long they are. Pamela, are your longer?

if they are, what the hell are you doing with a Treo.......lol just kiddin.

Bek
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #22  
    LOL - those are some long nails. No, mine aren't that long. Just seems that my nails do hit the keys, but you've given me hope - to start focusing on the sides of my fingers!

Thanks!

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I carry mine in my pocket and was concerned about keyboard wear after my last phones have all eventually lost paint. I got the Kreussel case sold on this site that covers the keyboard and earpiece with clear plastic and the rest of the phone with leather. Someone mentioned cutting off the clip adapter on the back to make it lower profile, did that and have the perfect case now. The keys are just as easily accessible and now I don't have to worry about wear.
    My calendar button, and all 4 navigation keys are worn off! I got the 650 with the cheap paint?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Thumbs like sand paper, eh?
    Thumbs like sand paper, eh?
    I wish I knew, but it really does make it look cheesy. Everything still works fine but it definitely detracts. Plus when I sell it on ebay after getting the Treo 700 I won't get as much as I want.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I wish I knew, but it really does make it look cheesy. Everything still works fine but it definitely detracts. Plus when I sell it on ebay after getting the Treo 700 I won't get as much as I want.
    Hi Otter Emperor! When you go to sell it, how good are you with a ultra fine point sharpie permanent marker? Or maybe, someone will be selling key decal kits by then . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Hi Otter Emperor! When you go to sell it, how good are you with a ultra fine point sharpie permanent marker? Or maybe, someone will be selling key decal kits by then . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Its a thought, but not one that is my style. I try and not do anything I wouldn't want others doing to me when I sell on ebay. Don't worry, I'm not upset at the suggestion.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Agreed.
    My number keys and and the shift key on the left side are all stinking. but, I get my replacement treo this week.
    STINKING? What do you do with your left hand? And shouldn't you wash your hands when you're done? EW.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12