Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    This is a good article I found on MSN. Thought I'd share it. Let me know what you guys think.

MSN article

PEACE!
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    As you can see from my signature line -- I evolved from a PDA to a "smartphone", if you wish to consider the Treo a smartphone. To me, the first smartphones were very limited, as they did not have full PDA capabilities.

So if you want to segment the PDA market by device without phone capability -- then, yes, I see that portion of the market declining because of the Treo's success. People want utility and the Treo provides that, but I consider the Treo to be a PDA with phone capability. . . .

What has the whole PDA/Smartphone market done? Grow, I assume. We really are just talking about added features and drawing an artificial line between phone and no phone.

So, I would also assume that the "cell phone" market has been hit by the success of smartphones,as well, as you would then have to classify them by: phones with no PDA capability. .. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/01/2005 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    As you can see from my signature line -- I evolved from a PDA to a "smartphone", if you wish to consider the Treo a smartphone. To me, the first smartphones were toys, as they did not have full PDA capabilities.
    Ditto man...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about