1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've been carrying both a cell phone and a PDA for a while. After seeing several coworkers happily using their Treo 650's, I've decided it's time to combine devices - I'm considering buying a Treo 650.

I'm currently with Cingular as is most of my family, and I'm fairly happy with my coverage both at work and at home. I've been off contract with Cingular for quite a while, so leaving wouldn't be a problem.

Which carrier's version of Treo 650 seems to be the strongest? Are there advantages to any particuliar carrier that don't exist with the others? I've heard that Sprint has a newer firmware in my area, but that the others should catch up soon.

Major carriers available in my area:
    Cingular <--- With them now - get work discount - Free M2M calls to family
    Sprint <--- Get work discount on plans - they are headquarted in my home town (Kansas City)
    Verizon <--- Do they carry the 650 or just the 600?
    T-Mobile

Thanks in advance for any tips / facts / links / help-in-general.

----
    There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
    Depends on the strength of coverage in the areas you frequent. . . . .

Sprint has one of the cheapest data rates and usually gets the newest model of the Treo first . . . .

GSM carriers offer a quad band version that can work in Europe and Asia. . .

Happy Hunting! Welcome to the Treo Community!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBA_Jer
    Hi,

I've been carrying both a cell phone and a PDA for a while. After seeing several coworkers happily using their Treo 650's, I've decided it's time to combine devices - I'm considering buying a Treo 650.

I'm currently with Cingular as is most of my family, and I'm fairly happy with my coverage both at work and at home. I've been off contract with Cingular for quite a while, so leaving wouldn't be a problem.

Which carrier's version of Treo 650 seems to be the strongest? Are there advantages to any particuliar carrier that don't exist with the others? I've heard that Sprint has a newer firmware in my area, but that the others should catch up soon.

Major carriers available in my area:
    Cingular <--- With them now - get work discount - Free M2M calls to family
    Sprint <--- Get work discount on plans - they are headquarted in my home town (Kansas City)
    Verizon <--- Do they carry the 650 or just the 600?
    T-Mobile

Thanks in advance for any tips / facts / links / help-in-general.

----
    There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
    I've had the Treo 650 for Verizon for about 3 weeks and I love it. Haven't really had any problems at all. Verizon, as far as my phone coverage area in Los Angeles has always been exceptional!

Good luck!
    You can use a 650 on tmobile but then you would have buy an unlocked GSM 650 and you'll pay a premium. I would stick with Cingular if you are happy. they have an EDGE network that play's well with the Treo 650. Just make sure you get a 64bit SIM card!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Sound like you should stick with Cingular.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    But do compare data plans!! $20 a month difference is $240 a year!!

However, it is unknown if Sprint will raise it's rates, once they fully rollout EVDO.

I HOPE NOT !!

Cheers, Perry.