1.    #1  
    Ever since Verizon annouced the 650 I have been trying to get one. Been to three different stores in Central NJ area. No luck. Unfortunately for me and Verizon, their people are about as dumb as rocks and nearly as helpful. Is this a Verizon induced problem or are Treo 650s really as rare as Verizon would like me to believe?
    I'm not sure about that one. When the Samsung i500 came out something similar to this happened and the phone was difficult to get a hold of. If I were you I would call all the regional VZW stores and have them hold a Treo 650 for you and tell them you're coming NOW to buy it.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsaxton
    Ever since Verizon annouced the 650 I have been trying to get one. Been to three different stores in Central NJ area. No luck. Unfortunately for me and Verizon, their people are about as dumb as rocks and nearly as helpful. Is this a Verizon induced problem or are Treo 650s really as rare as Verizon would like me to believe?
    I ordered mine from Verizon last week and got it the next day.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  4.    #4  
    I tried that... called three stores as well as VW HQ... no one would place an order. A girl in one store told me "we aren't allowed to order that phone". Told me to keep checking. Seems like a crappy way to treat a customer. Wish I had Denny Strigl's home phone number or email address.
    John,
    I went through the same as you, but maybe worse. Phone fullfillment had phones to ship me, but because the account was listed as NY State I needed to physically sign a new contract. The store in NYC wouldn't let me sign a contract since they didn't have the phone, and would not order it for me. I started calling around and just missed 2 phones. I called the Verizon store in Howell and they had 3 in stock (last Friday). I went there the next morning and got my phone.
    You might try the Howell store, and also the princeton store since you said you were NJ.
  6. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had a positive experience at a vzw store in northern VA, on May 23rd, for a consumer, new-ever-two account. Because my number was a NJ phone # (recent transplant, they first said they couldn't write the contract at that store, that I would need to get the phone sent to me. It turned out, after some prodding, and seeing the two they had in stock in front of me, that there was a way to do it, that they were happy to, and the sales assoc. did give up some commision for. They did all they could to help me, and they did. In general, I was impressed.

sj
    Call Verizon customer service at (800) 922-0204. Tell them the problem you're having and they will ship you one FedEx next day and they will eat the shipping. All the stores here in St. Louis are always sold out so Verizon has shipped me three 650's this way.
  8.    #8  
    I will try what you folks have suggested. Thanks.

My story has another wrinkle that I will pass on. Hopefully it will help someone else avoid the same trap.

Verizon/Verizon Wireless allow you to combine your bills so that you get only one bill per month that includes cell and landline. Saves $2 a month. On the surface this sounds like a good idea. It took me 6 months of waiting to get Verizon to talk to Verizon Wireless and combine the bills (What ever happened to business conducted in Internet Time? ) Turns out that once you are in the evil clutches of the "One Bill Monster" you can NOT take advantage of the New Every Two plan from the website or by calling in. You have to go to a Verizon Company store.

I am about 1 inch away from moving cell to sprint or cingular and landline to vonage.

Anyone have experience with Sprint or cingular in central NJ? I typically work in NJ, eastern PA and NY metro area.
    I live in Philly and have several colleagues who are not happy with sprint's reception. It's the only thing holding me back from jumping over and utilizing that very-inviting wallet-friendly sprint data plan.
    Verizon is dumb....I was using the Kyocera 7135 and it crapped out on me...luckily I had insurance, so they sent me the Treo 650 a couple days ago as a replacement as they no longer sell nor support the Kyocera. After calling them the first time, they told me the order was never put in the system. So they put it in again. Much to my surprise, I ended up with TWO Treo 650's. I'm gonna put the other one up on ebay.
    Be a nice guy . . . return it.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Be a nice guy . . . return it.

Cheers, Perry.

F That! I need some new chrome for the Harley.....that bad-boy is going straight to Ebay!
    Okay. Who are you and why are you TROLLING? Your three posts have been of a baiting nature . . . .

They already closed your first thread. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Okay. Who are you and why are you TROLLING? Your three posts have been of a baiting nature . . . .

They already closed your first thread. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Are you serious? Take it easy guy! That was a legitimate question I asked. I'm new to the Treo, so I'm trying to learn as much about it as possible. I did a search on it first and couldn't find any info on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YukFoo
    Are you serious? Take it easy guy! That was a legitimate question I asked. I'm new to the Treo, so I'm trying to learn as much about it as possible. I did a search on it first and couldn't find any info on it.
    If I mis-read you, I apologize.

Welcome the the TREO Community!!

Cheers, Perry.
    If I mis-read you, I apologize.

Welcome the the TREO Community!!

Cheers, Perry.
    You sure DID! Happy I found this resource though!

BTW, I am in no way, shape or form a techie! So from time to time, you'll see really basic questions coming from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by YukFoo
    You sure DID! Happy I found this resource though!

BTW, I am in no way, shape or form a techie! So from time to time, you'll see really basic questions coming from me.

It was your first question (which is certain to bring down the house around here) followed by the "F that" that led me to my erroneous conclusion.

(And if you did notice, I answered your first question, assuming the best about you.)

By the way -- there is a whole thread on trolling:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86772

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/24/2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsaxton
    I will try what you folks have suggested. Thanks.

My story has another wrinkle that I will pass on. Hopefully it will help someone else avoid the same trap.

Verizon/Verizon Wireless allow you to combine your bills so that you get only one bill per month that includes cell and landline. Saves $2 a month. On the surface this sounds like a good idea. It took me 6 months of waiting to get Verizon to talk to Verizon Wireless and combine the bills (What ever happened to business conducted in Internet Time? ) Turns out that once you are in the evil clutches of the "One Bill Monster" you can NOT take advantage of the New Every Two plan from the website or by calling in. You have to go to a Verizon Company store.

I am about 1 inch away from moving cell to sprint or cingular and landline to vonage.

Anyone have experience with Sprint or cingular in central NJ? I typically work in NJ, eastern PA and NY metro area.
    I'm looking right now @ P1's website, & the delivery times are as follows:

Verizon Wireless Treo 650 May 26th thru June 7th Expected to ship in 3-4 weeks
    June 8th thru 21st Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks
    After June 22 Expected to ship in 1 week

Maybe you will find that of interest.

HTH
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    If you call and order through Verizon over the phone they should be available. A lot of times you can negotiate some discounts when you sign new 2 year contract as well. I was able to get $20 credit toward my next cell phone bill as well.

Online ordering had some available just a couple of days ago as well.

If you order over the phone you can usually get it shipped really quickly and sometimes if you ask they'll actually waive the shipping fee as well.

Hope that helps.