Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dropped by a T-Mobile store on El Camino Real in Redwood City, CA yesterday to try and check out the 650, but they were only displaying the 600.

When I asked the salesman where the 650 model is, he said, "We are not going to be carrying that model because the 700 is coming soon."

You can imagine my surprise... I responded, "But the 650 is so new? Are you sure?"

He said, "Yes, we just recieved an e-mail about it--and we should get the 700 in the Fall. It didn't list any specific dates but it IS coming, and we are not getting the 650 ever. Besides, the 650 isn't that new anymore anyhow... its over 6 months old."

He then proceeded to try and hard-sell me on T-Mobile service (I am a Verizon customer). So he could have been lying to just give me an explaination, however, he did seem sincere and it seemed like he was telling the truth about the 700 and receiving the email.

Has anyone else heard rumors like this?
    Man thats pretty exciting, I cant wait...
    Sprint*

4th Q 2005*

New Treo*

What else is different with life?

*My prediction.

Cheers, Perry
    Just like the tech support from any computer software or hardware company, the sales reps probably have little knowledge as to when the next Treo is scheduled for release. Plus, if Palm prematurely releases another Treo, as was the Treo 650 with all it's bugginess they'll lose customer base. PalmOne knows this now, especially with all the updates for the Treo 650.

From everything I've read, tentative release for the next Treo is early 2006:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88059

But this is all speculation till proven.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Just like the tech support from any computer software or hardware company, the sales reps probably have little knowledge as to when the next Treo is scheduled for release. Plus, if Palm prematurely releases another Treo, as was the Treo 650 with all it's bugginess they'll lose customer base. PalmOne knows this now, especially with all the updates for the Treo 650.

From everything I've read, tentative release for the next Treo is early 2006:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88059

But this is all speculation till proven.
    I agree with everything pda-jedi has said about Palm concentrating on getting it right -- right out of the first box. . . . . . . however, I find it hard to believe they would miss the 4Q selling season.. . . . . I know, it is not a gift item (gift to self maybe), but alot of discretionary income gets exhausted in the 4Q, making the 1stQ pretty weak. . . .

Plus, 4thQ is a big cell phone selling season, as well.

Cheers, Perry.
    Yep, Q4 is the Holiday season and money is more easily parted with at this time. We'll have to wait and see.....................
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    The next Treo better have BlueTooth 1.2 or greater AND Wi-Fi!!!
    Hmm... would P1 need to get FCC approval on a new product? I don't know under what circumstances that's required. Anyway, assuming it needed some sort of approval, wouldn't word leak out that way first. That seems to be the case generally and Fall 2005 seems like a short turn around time if it needs that kind of approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I dont know. I think they should rush something for the 4thQtr because of the reasons stated above. I don't think they will lose customer base because its expected that they will be rolling out something bigger and better. By holding back to get it 'perfect', they might lose more potential buyers. (This assumes its BETTER )
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    The next Treo better have BlueTooth 1.2 or greater AND Wi-Fi!!!
    Amen.. what you listed plus more on board memory.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

And SD 1.1 for the 4GB card . . .
    I really don't believe that they will release any info until at least august They have to let verizon have a chance of selling there products
    No they don't. They didn't last time (moving to the 650). VZW is slow in adopting new phones, and they know it. It's their strategy (fewer bugs, better testing).
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    They better not get a new Treo out. I just got my 650. :-|
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    They better not get a new Treo out. I just got my 650. :-|
    Hey, you don't know what pain is until you hold on to your 600, skip the 650, and listen to all this speculation out there for the 700.

(My eyes are still hurting from the strain of viewing this screen )

16.    #16  
    hey t2gungho, I feel your pain... I still have a 600 as well.
    Well i tell you one thing... I've had my Treo 650 for about a couple months or 3 and i'll be the first to say if a 700 is coming out... as soon as it does i will be the first in line to dump my 650 for it. Because it would definitely be a better investment in my opinion. And i look at it this way... "It's performance will get better before it gets worse!"
    I believe it will be 2006, just cause Palm needs to get it right, this time. Phone needs to be 100%, right the box. But then again, I do need a great gift this Christmas....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    I believe it will be 2006, just cause Palm needs to get it right, this time. Phone needs to be 100%, right the box. But then again, I do need a great gift this Christmas....
    I politely disagree reverend. Palm doesnt have to get it right. Look when they released the 600...problems came out. No different with the 650. People will buy the phone...simply because its new and will probably be able to do something or have something that the 650 wont have.

Someone else already pointed out on another thread...4Q sales is when people are buying gifts and have some disposible income (or credit cards ). If Palm passes up that advantage and waits until 2006...it will cause more problems than releasing something that seems to get (at least) a little better with every release.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Okay, I have a question.

Will Sprint allow users to trade in there 650 for a 700 when it comes out?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast