Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    If they do offer a MS TREO, my belief is that it will be a 2nd offering to run side by side with the Palm/Linux version.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/21/2005 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy
    FWIW, if Palm does switch to MS (which seems contradictory to the Linux transition), then WHY would I stay with their hardware? After spending so much on Palm software, if I have to re-buy everything for MS, I am no longer forced to purchase the hardware from one vendor. In fact, I will probably resent this and definitely buy hardware from someone else.
    point of order.

the linux thing, is a palm source thing, not a palm (palmone) thing.

would palm totally abandon palmsource? sure if it made good business sence. right now, it doesn"t, so I think if they offered a MS treo they would still offer a palm source one too.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Damn I hate you guys ...I've been thinking about switching from my Kyocera 7135 to a 650 for months. I was about to go and buy my 650 today, but after reading all these 'rumors', I might have to wait again...

I'm sure by this afternoon, I'll get impulsive and get one anyways...
    Beagle, then you'll have to wait for the 750 to come out once the 700 comes out, because I'm sure it'll be "coming out just around the corner with a laundry list of upgrades..."
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfan
    Beagle, then you'll have to wait for the 750 to come out once the 700 comes out, because I'm sure it'll be "coming out just around the corner with a laundry list of upgrades..."

But just think of the cash he saves. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    But just think of the cash he saves. . . .
    good point!!! Why didn't I think of that!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If they do offer a MS TREO, my belief is that it will be a 2nd offering to run side by side with the Palm/Linux version.
    i hope that happens!

chodaboy,
    whose hardware do you like?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I dont know about you guys but the 700 or what ever the next modle will be. Better hit the streets soon i love palm source i have been waiting for an unpgrade from the 600 for about 2 years not and i was deffinitley not upgrading to the 650 for a short list of upgrades that i did not need.

If there is not any solid information on the next modle in the next while i will sadley be leaving the palm like.

P.S. dont get me wrong these are great phones but the company is so slow at releasing new smartphone modles.
    Once a year seems like a pretty good product cycle to me. Do you want new onew weekly, monthly?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Once a year seems like a pretty good product cycle to me. Do you want new onew weekly, monthly?
    It wouldn't be all that bad if Palm had simply put it what it should have in the last product cycle. I'd like an upgrade of RAM in every yearly product cycle for starters. It is the case with virtually every product in this arena I have ever seen especially at that frequency.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    It wouldn't be all that bad if Palm had simply put it what it should have in the last product cycle. I'd like an upgrade of RAM in every yearly product cycle for starters. It is the case with virtually every product in this arena I have ever seen especially at that frequency.
    First off...Palm shouldn't have put ANYTHING in the 600 as it was Handspring's device to put stuff in. They couldn't do it then because they weren't as lucrative as Palm.

Second off...I don't know of any product to which Palm didn't upgrade the RAM. They may not have upgraded the AMOUNT of user accessible RAM....but your Treo has twice as much memory as you think. It's that NVFS that I keep mentioning to you -- they needed to prioritize and again...they did a pretty good job of it. I'm pretty sure that no Windows Mobile device has NVFS, but I'm not 100% positive on that (I guess the i730 might, as it has replacable batteries, but it could have a backup batter...dunno). Anyway....if the doctors, businessmen, salesmen, and the like who have massive contacts can make their way around the with the MERE 23MB of RAM....why can't you? This is why Palm gave you an SD slot - use it!

Quit beechin' or sell the phone. What Palm chose to do has already been set in stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Well it is every 2 years in my eyes since the 650 was not realy what i would call a worth upgrade from the 600. Though once a year would be great for a qulity replacment from previous modle. Though if there going to do modles like the 600 to 650 every 6months would be good.

I find it kinda amazy that they dont reales more smart phone products since its there best selling line but they have like 5 differnt pda though i do relalize the the treo line was only addopted a like 3 years ago so maby soon they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by wgriffiths2000
    Well it is every 2 years in my eyes since the 650 was not realy what i would call a worth upgrade from the 600.
    It was most definitely a worthy upgrade after you factor in how much money you can sell your 600 for...I think most 600 owners forget to do that. Hopefully I won't need to upgrade my 650 for another 2 or 3 years...at least until EV-DO falls below $20/mo.

Though once a year would be great for a qulity replacment from previous modle. Though if there going to do modles like the 600 to 650 every 6months would be good.
    At that rate no company could make enough profit to expand on future smartphones.

I find it kinda amazy that they dont reales more smart phone products since its there best selling line but they have like 5 differnt pda though i do relalize the the treo line was only addopted a like 3 years ago...
    Yup...the 650 was Palm's first display of what they could do. And excluding the NVFS screw-up that affected multiple aspects of the phone...which was easily fixed later...they did a pretty good job. Anybody buying the phone today would have no knowledge of the initial NVFS flop.

Also...I think that Palm entering into the cell phone market is a little different from the traditional handhelds that they were used to. For example, they mostly sell directly to carriers instead of the individual consumer. Also...they have to adhere to the carriers' rules when it comes to cellular service. The rules have already been written by how cell phones will interact with their network...and what's worse is that each individual carrier has their own set of rules. Isn't that something?? But they've already got most of that worked out....so they should begin to focus more on the phone's design in the near future. GIMME A CLAMSHELL, PALM!

so maby soon they will.
    I hope so. This family of treos thing has been echoed numerous times....seems to be taking longer than most would have thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle
    Damn I hate you guys ...I've been thinking about switching from my Kyocera 7135 to a 650 for months. I was about to go and buy my 650 today, but after reading all these 'rumors', I might have to wait again...

I'm sure by this afternoon, I'll get impulsive and get one anyways...
    Going from my 7135 to the Treo 650 was a better upgrade IMO than upgrading from my old 6035 to the 7135. It's a great upgrade and with the reliability problems I had with my 7135 you may not be able to keep it long enough to see a new Treo.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567