Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134
  1. #81  
    When you say Microsoft Mobile are you implying that the Treo will change OS platforms to Pocket PC??
  2. #83  
    Nice Photoshop work by somebody. Just a stretch of the Treo 600 top. The keyboard will stay people!

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/28/2005 at 12:08 PM.
  3. #84  
    Archie, KMart bought Sears, in large part, to get the Craftsman and Kennmore names. Thus KMart is the only discount with their own brand line of tools and appliances and has the leverage to force some manufacturers into merchandise they couldn't get otherwise they can't sell to Sears. I find the move brilliant on the part of KMart. You are starting to see Craftsman departments in KMart already. It has nothing to do with their good, better, best strategy. Not my opinion, fact.
  4. #85  
    pdario, that has been widely rumored Palm was about to sign an agreement with Microsoft. See the link...
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/3583.html
    At that conference a few months ago this was the buzz that Palm was shopping for another OS to differentiate itself.
  5. #86  
    I don't know abou the OS swap, it is quite possible that palm will eventually switch to a windows based platform, but I still would prefer them to realease a Palm OS (Cobalt) phone. Many loyal Palm customers will be disapointed with an OS switch as they have invested hundreds of dollars in third party software. Myself, I have always enjoyed the fact that 90% of my software has been able to move from one Palm device to another. The same reason that a buggy Windows OS has come to dominate the computer marketplace is likely the reason why Palm should continue to run Palm Source's OS.
  6. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #87  
    its understandable why palm would consider windows os, but on the other hand, palm os is VIRUS FREE!!!
    as of now, virus and worm hackers probably aren't trying to target palm os just yet, at least they don't appear to be, because they would probably much rather target an operating system which is used by the majority of the market, as opposed to a smaller, but growing niche - so to increase their chances of stealing private data, so they focus on windows, for now.

    that's a huge incentive to keep palm os. certainly windows would bring its benefits such as multitasking and such, but it demands heaps of memory.
    palm os requires much less, so there are definite reasons to stick with palm os over windows.

    and, as if we don't have enough problems with sporadic resets, crashes etc, having to deal with crippling viruses on our treos would REALLY be a pain in the a$$.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  7. #88  
    Did you seriously just post that? And expect us to buy it? NO WAY!!!!!!! That is the sweetest thing...like somebody carding me for alchohol.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Nice Photoshop work by somebody. Just a stretch of the Treo 600 top. The keyboard will stay people!

    Cheers, Perry.
    It would be nice if the keyboard stayed; yet how many times did the ONE thing we like the most get taken away in a newer model?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  9. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The real question is:

    What feature set of the 700 would induce you to buy it?

    The contenders (could be multiple):

    OS 6 (Cobalt)
    128MB RAM
    SD 1.1 to handle 4GB cards
    BT 1.2 (or 2.0)
    Wi-Fi
    EV-DO
    Faster proc.
    Longer battery
    Thinner form factor
    No antenna

    Take your pick(s) or add your own...
    Uber chick magnet? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

  10. #91  
    The one major thing that bugs me about the T650 and virtually every other mobile device out there is that stupid antenna sticking out! I almost bought the Motorola V3 Razr for that very reason. But, I couldn't pass up $50 for my T650 and unlimited data access for $7.80 a month!
  11. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbie
    The one major thing that bugs me about the T650 and virtually every other mobile device out there is that stupid antenna sticking out! I almost bought the Motorola V3 Razr for that very reason. But, I couldn't pass up $50 for my T650 and unlimited data access for $7.80 a month!
    to stay competitive i think palm will have to offer a palm version and a ms version of the 700. many manufacturers do this.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  12. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    to stay competitive i think palm will have to offer a palm version and a ms version of the 700. many manufacturers do this.
    who has a palm version and a windows version???
  13. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    who has a palm version and a windows version???
    Well, for starters there's....

    hmmm.....

    let me think....

    oh wait....

    uhhhhh.....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #95  
    wait....doesn't....ohh...or was it...? Actually I think maybe...
  15. #96  
    Maybe it's a rumor

    (to stay on topic)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Maybe it's a rumor

    (to stay on topic)
    indeed...harumph...harumph...

    a rumor
  17. #98  
    i'd probably jump to a windows version in a heartbeat. the reasons people are such palm fanboys is beyond me. from a user viewpoint the the treo/palm combo blows imo.

    i can't wait for a new treo though. all i want is
    evdo
    a better camera
    faster processor
    multi tasking

    i dont need blue tooth or wifi. i just want to view web pages fast and chat with friends, oh and make a call every once in awhile.
  18. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #99  
    " version in a heartbeat. the reasons people are such palm fanboys is beyond me. from a user viewpoint the the treo/palm combo blows imo"

    palm fanboys.. lol.
    hey, if a windows version proves to be better, more stable, no prob. we'll have a winner, and we'll all go for one.

    if it does all its supposed to do without being vulnerable to trojan viruses, worms and all other sorts of good stuff, then its windows treo all the way.. bro!! sho' nuff.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  19. #100  
    just curious... I have had PPC and like it OK. What "blows" about the palm OS on the 650?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions