Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 134
  1. #61  
    great point gharrod
  2. #62  
    Talking about EVDO, didn't some recent press release from P1 say that all their phones, from now on, will be 3G capable?

    Also, there's a story about P1's potential future use of the Linux OS in the magazine "Linux User & Developer" (if I remember correctly!); the article is titled "PalmOS for Linux?", on page 78-79. The link to the issue cover & list of articles is http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/content/view/61/0/

    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
  3. #63  
    So long as they have announced their next gen device by the anniversary of the last introduction, the markets will not penalize them as they will realize it is a simple timing difference.
  4. #64  
    Look forward to it, I've had mine since the release and it's getting 'old'. Weird to say, but it has so many little bugs that I look forward to the next generation.
  5. Webby's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G
    hehehe .....haahaahaahaahaa .....BAAAaahahahahahahaha ......BlAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. .......BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (eyes watering).... BLAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (choking now).....BLAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (Chest hurts!!) TEEHEEHEEHEEHHEEE BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA>>(cant breath)

    Treo (Palm Version) lover

    Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    #1 Reason Palm will release a new Treo model this fall...they need to anniversary sales for the quarter vs. a year ago. If they don't do this they will look to the market like they have tanked and their stock will drop like a rock...
    That's the best argument I've heard so far. They'll put one out in the fall, I have no doubt of it. It's what they've always done for the Treo. They're not going to miss Chri$tma$. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    #1 Reason Palm will release a new Treo model this fall...they need to anniversary sales for the quarter vs. a year ago. If they don't do this they will look to the market like they have tanked and their stock will drop like a rock...

    Fall like a rock again. Turning to sand.
  8. #68  
    I heard the exact same thing from my T-Mobile store (the manager who is up for regional very soon). He's been very reliable for me (never been wrong), so I'm taking his word for it and can't wait for the Treo 700!!!
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR
    I heard the exact same thing from my T-Mobile store (the manager who is up for regional very soon). He's been very reliable for me (never been wrong), so I'm taking his word for it and can't wait for the Treo 700!!!
    All I can say is.....I HOPE SO! I need an upgrade.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sprint*

    4th Q 2005*

    New Treo*

    What else is different with life?








    *My prediction.

    Cheers, Perry
    We have come full circle -- this was post #3.
    T-Mobile may get it at the same time as Sprint, but I can't see Sprint letting them go first.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/27/2005 at 11:08 PM.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    We have come full circle -- this was post #3.
    T-Mobile may get it at the same time as Sprint, but I can't see Sprint letting them go first.
    I agree. (It benefits me because I am with sprint now just not within 6 mos. of contract).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #72  
    I played poker on Saturday with a guy who just left his job at PalmOne sales (yes, listen to rumors from a degenerate gambler...). He told me a few things about the next Treos that contradict what I have heard here.

    First, he said that the new device that is around the corner is not a more advanced Treo (if true, sorry guys). He said that the first priority is to create a more entry level Treo (would dove tail with the theory that they are trying to push up their revenues e.g. sell a million entry level Treos vs. 100,000 high end). Second, he said that a Blackberry client is the second priority. Third, he said there is a version of the Treo with the Microsoft operating system right around the corner - however, it will be made for either Cingular or Verison. Fourth, no Wifi is on the table - Palm considers useless with the development of high speed cell networks.

    I offer no opinion on any of these statements. I am only relaying what I was told.
  13. #73  
    what price point would you buy the next Treo? I just got my rebate and wldnt be eligble this fall (as most Treo users). if I had to cough up another $600....forget it. Palm1 or Sprint would have to introduce a major incentive.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    what price point would you buy the next Treo? I just got my rebate and wldnt be eligble this fall (as most Treo users). if I had to cough up another $600....forget it. Palm1 or Sprint would have to introduce a major incentive.
    It would have to be an improvement over the 650 (IMO). If it was (i.e. wifi, bt 1.2, more memory, and maybe even GPS -ok Im dreaming) then I would pay the $350-400 bucks for it with another 2 year contract with sprint.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  15. #75  
    New entry level Treos?
    What are you talking about? There is already a Treo 600 which is PalmOne entry level Treo. Also, by the time they think on releasing something new the 650 will be already outdated. As you may know, EV-DO will be available by the first quarter of next year. So why come out with an entry level Treo. It just doesn't make sense.
    What makes sense?
    This is my prediction:
    - EV-DO capable.
    - 1 Megapixel camera, because the network will allow faster uploads.
    - 64MB of built-in RAM, not as much as a T5 but good enough for the Treo.
    - BlueTooth 1.2
    - No WiFi, with EV-DO who needs it.
    - Lighter Treo. You've seen the RazzrBerry? Then, the new Treo will be slimmer and lighter than the 650.
    - Stereo Speaker phone. Finally some decent sound.
    - Keyboard will be the same.
    - Better 5-way navigation button.

    And that is pretty much all. I don't expect too many changes in design.

    Al
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    New entry level Treos?
    What are you talking about? There is already a Treo 600 which is PalmOne entry level Treo. Also, by the time they think on releasing something new the 650 will be already outdated. As you may know, EV-DO will be available by the first quarter of next year. So why come out with an entry level Treo. It just doesn't make sense.
    What makes sense?
    This is my prediction:
    - EV-DO capable.
    - 1 Megapixel camera, because the network will allow faster uploads.
    - 64MB of built-in RAM, not as much as a T5 but good enough for the Treo.
    - BlueTooth 1.2
    - No WiFi, with EV-DO who needs it.
    - Lighter Treo. You've seen the RazzrBerry? Then, the new Treo will be slimmer and lighter than the 650.
    - Stereo Speaker phone. Finally some decent sound.
    - Keyboard will be the same.
    - Better 5-way navigation button.

    And that is pretty much all. I don't expect too many changes in design.

    Al
    Love everything except the lack of wifi. If you are 'actively' surfing the web on wifi, doesnt that allow you to receive an incoming phone call (i.e. on CDMA)? If yes, then that is why I need it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    New entry level Treos?
    What are you talking about? There is already a Treo 600 which is PalmOne entry level Treo.

    Al
    Correction: The Treo 600 is "Handspring's" entry level Treo. I don't think PalmOne evey really embraced it as theirs. And you are right, the 650 should become their entry level Treo but I am sure there is a market for a bare-bones Treo version.
  18. #78  
    I would agree about just news of a new product driving the market if it were not for SOX and the ability to recognize revenue. Revenue drives the marketplace. Ask any one who is in business and coming up on quarter end like I am and pushing like hell to get things buttoned up. Last Friday of each quarter is painful for guys like us. Can't book what you don't have these days thanks to our buddys at Enron and MCI to name a few. My bet is the introduction and release of two Treo's one higher and one lower. Take the Sears good, better and best sales strategy. They sell plenty of the good and a few of the best. The better is where they make their profits and price accordingly because it is easy to upsell the prospect to the better but hard to get the good prospect to the best. They have used this same philosophy for generations and it works.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    My bet is the introduction and release of two Treo's one higher and one lower. Take the Sears good, better and best sales strategy.
    That must be why Kmart bought Sears, huh?

    cha, whatEver

    MY bet is on the introduction and release of two devices, but it won't be two Treos labeled as "higher" and "lower".

    It will be 1 Treo (Microsoft Mobile) and 1 LifeDrive (Microsoft Mobile).
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    That must be why Kmart bought Sears, huh?

    cha, whatEver

    MY bet is on the introduction and release of two devices, but it won't be two Treos labeled as "higher" and "lower".

    It will be 1 Treo (Microsoft Mobile) and 1 LifeDrive (Microsoft Mobile).

    The Palm OS will endure . . . .
    Sprint
    4th Q
    New Treo w/ EVDO
    my projection
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions