Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor

a respectable answer. You wouldn't go make a tundycentral website, would you?
    Uhh... who or what is a tundycentral website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Okay, I have a question.

Will Sprint allow users to trade in there 650 for a 700 when it comes out?
    YES! They absolutely will!!! For about $600!!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    must have EVDO, as well
    This is the deal breaker. Even better BT wouldn't get another $600 out of me without EV-DO!
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilfunkgenius
    Here's a follow-up to my initial post.

I have a feeling that the over-enthusiastic T-Mobile salesman was just pushing a hard sell on me. I have a feeling that he doesn't know what the heck he is tlaking about.

My reason? I stopped by another T-Mobile store (Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, CA) and asked. This new rep informed me that they weren't going to be getting the 650 until fall because they want to test it extensively and they already found a bunch of bugs (T-Mobile is starting to sound like Verizon!?).

Anyone else catch a rep spilling the beans on a Treo 700 model?
    ...not that I think the first guy had a frickin' clue, but I'm pretty sure T-Mo passed on the 650 entirely. There has been no movement from them in regards to when they will ever carry it, and even though they took their sweet time with the 600, they still had it within six months of Sprint's launch. I don't believe the first guy knew anything about the "700", but I don't believe T-Mo would start carrying the 650 a YEAR after release. Just my two cents...
    It'll be fun.
    Additionally, I'm with Sprint, so I don't keep up with GSM carriers to much. Mainly because I know I'll have the newest Treo as soon as its released thorugh my carrier! Sprint ROCKS!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Uhh... who or what is a tundycentral website?
    I think (I have never actually looked at it) that it was a complaint website about the 650. I think he had a online petition going as well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The real question is:

What feature set of the 700 would induce you to buy it?

The contenders (could be multiple):

OS 6 (Cobalt)
    128MB RAM
    SD 1.1 to handle 4GB cards
    BT 1.2 (or 2.0)
    Wi-Fi
    EV-DO
    Faster proc.
    Longer battery
    Thinner form factor
    No antenna

Take your pick(s) or add your own...
    More MB Ram
    Wi-Fi
    EV-DO
    Longer Battery
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by evilfunkgenius
    I dropped by a T-Mobile store on El Camino Real in Redwood City, CA yesterday to try and check out the 650, but they were only displaying the 600.

When I asked the salesman where the 650 model is, he said, "We are not going to be carrying that model because the 700 is coming soon."

You can imagine my surprise... I responded, "But the 650 is so new? Are you sure?"

He said, "Yes, we just recieved an e-mail about it--and we should get the 700 in the Fall. It didn't list any specific dates but it IS coming, and we are not getting the 650 ever. Besides, the 650 isn't that new anymore anyhow... its over 6 months old."

He then proceeded to try and hard-sell me on T-Mobile service (I am a Verizon customer). So he could have been lying to just give me an explaination, however, he did seem sincere and it seemed like he was telling the truth about the 700 and receiving the email.

Has anyone else heard rumors like this?
    If anything there might be an invontory shortage. No way Palm is going to release a "700" just when Verizon inked a deal for the 650. And why would T-Mobile miss out on a whole quarter of sales for the 650 and be pushing the 600?

Sorry but I just don't buy it. I'll check out the T-Molbile store in Valley Fair next few days to see if they say the same thing.

- Blades
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    1) 64 - 128 mb ram
    2) 624 mhz processor
    3) ev-do
    4) battery life 7-9 hrs
    5) larger keys on keyboard
    6) superior speakerphone
    7) bluetooth 1.2
    8) versamail fixed - no bugs
    9) Blackberry connect built in.
    10) more bookmarks available in blazer 5.0
    11) flash animation capable
    12) adobe reader enhanced - download pdfs from blazer into card and imediately readable on device.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hey, you don't know what pain is until you hold on to your 600, skip the 650, and listen to all this speculation out there for the 700.

(My eyes are still hurting from the strain of viewing this screen )
    When the treo 650 was released without Wi-FI i decided right then to hold out till the next generation. It was such a huge disappointment that the 650 was lacking this function when nearly all thier competion has it. Not to mention that the 600's price droped like crazy and selling my current treo 600 was about impossible. I'll give my 600 to my wife when the next generation is released and i'll get the new one so as for upgrading to the 650 it simply was not cost effective as sprint makes you wait 18 months to purchase a new phone to be eligable for any discounts it may offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    I believe it will be 2006, just cause Palm needs to get it right, this time. Phone needs to be 100%, right the box. But then again, I do need a great gift this Christmas....

When palm one releases a buggy phone as they did with the 600 and the 650 both, what is to stop someone from filing a lawsuit against them when they won't fix it or refund your money for it? They are selling defective equipment!!! I have a 600 and we all know about the battery issue locking up the phone and all the other various problems it presents. I had already replaced my phone 3 times due to this very problem before I knew what was causing it. Now i'm stuck with a 600 that i can look forward to having to replace the battery in every 6-8 months and for what the cost of these damn batteries are i'd rather the problem just be fixed or get a replacement phone that works like it should. I mean if you bought a television and every 12 hours it would just shut off or stop receiving signals wouldn't you demand it to be replaced with a unit that worked correctly?
    Only if the radio changed. Could be a new phone with the basic radio circuitry substatially unchanged.
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinbrewer
    When palm one releases a buggy phone as they did with the 600 and the 650 both, what is to stop someone from filing a lawsuit against them when they won't fix it or refund your money for it? They are selling defective equipment!!! I have a 600 and we all know about the battery issue locking up the phone and all the other various problems it presents. I had already replaced my phone 3 times due to this very problem before I knew what was causing it. Now i'm stuck with a 600 that i can look forward to having to replace the battery in every 6-8 months and for what the cost of these damn batteries are i'd rather the problem just be fixed or get a replacement phone that works like it should. I mean if you bought a television and every 12 hours it would just shut off or stop receiving signals wouldn't you demand it to be replaced with a unit that worked correctly?
    No hi tech gadget is going to work 100% all the time.

Most providers give you a trial period. If you dont take advantage of it, how are you going to make the legal claim that you shouldnt be stuck with it? (unless you had no knowledge of the problem and the problems occurred after your trial.)

Cell phone batteries dont last forever. At some point they have to be replaced (especially on full color displays like the treos).

As far as you tv analogy, if that was happening, you could get it replaced during your warranty period. The same holds true for the treo?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

My source (a friend of a guy who's sister is dating the cousin of somebody at P1) says the next revision is called the Treo 680 and it's far from finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    My source (a friend of a guy who's sister is dating the cousin of somebody at P1) says the next revision is called the Treo 680 and it's far from finished.
    LOL love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Okay, I have a question.

Will Sprint allow users to trade in there 650 for a 700 when it comes out?
    hehehe .....haahaahaahaahaa .....BAAAaahahahahahahaha ......BlAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. .......BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (eyes watering).... BLAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (choking now).....BLAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (Chest hurts!!) TEEHEEHEEHEEHHEEE BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA>>(cant breath)
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    You are my 'reliable' source from now on!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    LOL love it.
    Dark Helment: "I am your fathers brothers cousins nephews former roomate."
    Lone Star: "What does that make us?"
    Dark Helment: "Absolutley nothing, which is what you're about to become!"

Ahh spaceballs
    #1 Reason Palm will release a new Treo model this fall...they need to anniversary sales for the quarter vs. a year ago. If they don't do this they will look to the market like they have tanked and their stock will drop like a rock...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast