Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dhammond_man
    ... i will be the first in line to dump my 650 for it. Because it would definitely be a better investment in my opinion. And i look at it this way...
    Puhlease! Does anyone really consider these phones to be "investments." No. They're toys and gadgets that depreciate so rapidly that they're worthless in a year.
    Really? I sold my 600 when the 650 came out for $275. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Puhlease! Does anyone really consider these phones to be "investments." No. They're toys and gadgets that depreciate so rapidly that they're worthless in a year.
    I could argue that my phone was in investment for school (coupled with Docs to Go).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Okay, I have a question.

Will Sprint allow users to trade in there 650 for a 700 when it comes out?
    Doubtful. Probability: zero to none.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I had the 600 and paid the full price to go to the 650 because I had the 600 less than the 18 months in their incentive plan. Does the count start again for the eighteen months or does it start from the date of the 600 purchase since they did nothing for me. Don't think we will be seeing a 700 anytime this year anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Okay, I have a question.

Will Sprint allow users to trade in there 650 for a 700 when it comes out?

When if ever have they ever done this? The only discount I'ld imagine Sprint would give is the 18 month handset rebate. However, PalmOne had offerred a discount for users to upgrade to the 600 a couple of years ago, but not for the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    The next Treo better have BlueTooth 1.2 or greater AND Wi-Fi!!!
    Or else?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    must have EVDO, as well
    Otter:

...Or else some of us will be replacing the battery on our T600's for the SECOND time! ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hey, you don't know what pain is until you hold on to your 600, skip the 650, and listen to all this speculation out there for the 700.

(My eyes are still hurting from the strain of viewing this screen )
    Amen brother. I'm in the same shoes. I've had my T600 since October of frickin 2003 and I'm drooling over what's next --> Samsung i730 or do I wait for the Treo700...killing me.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilfunkgenius
    I dropped by a T-Mobile store on El Camino Real in Redwood City, CA yesterday to try and check out the 650, but they were only displaying the 600.

When I asked the salesman where the 650 model is, he said, "We are not going to be carrying that model because the 700 is coming soon."
    So from now until fall they are not selling any 650s, but they are selling 600s!!!

I think the salesman is just a little confused
    evilfunkgenius must be gfunkmagic's indentity from Jerry Seinfeld's Bizzaro World.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Won't Sprint get the new Treo first ? Sprint's expecting it this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    I believe it will be 2006, just cause Palm needs to get it right, this time. Phone needs to be 100%, right the box. But then again, I do need a great gift this Christmas....

Be it Q4 2005 or 2006 as a VZW customer, I won't see it until 2007 or 2008...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    Be it Q4 2005 or 2006 as a VZW customer, I won't see it until 2007 or 2008...
    LOL, I feel your pain...its kind of sad though.

16.    #36  
    Here's a follow-up to my initial post.

I have a feeling that the over-enthusiastic T-Mobile salesman was just pushing a hard sell on me. I have a feeling that he doesn't know what the heck he is tlaking about.

My reason? I stopped by another T-Mobile store (Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, CA) and asked. This new rep informed me that they weren't going to be getting the 650 until fall because they want to test it extensively and they already found a bunch of bugs (T-Mobile is starting to sound like Verizon!?).

Anyone else catch a rep spilling the beans on a Treo 700 model?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    evilfunkgenius must be gfunkmagic's indentity from Jerry Seinfeld's Bizzaro World.
    Oh, and PDA Jedi... I am very definately not gfunkmagic. However, there is a good chance that yes I am living in a bizarro world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Or else?
    Or else I'll stick with my 650 and grow old waiting until Palm or someone else does ship something with BT 1.2 and Wi-Fi. No, I won't settle for anything Windows-based (WinCE/PocketPC).
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Or else I'll stick with my 650 and grow old waiting until Palm or someone else does ship something with BT 1.2 and Wi-Fi. No, I won't settle for anything Windows-based (WinCE/PocketPC).

a respectable answer. You wouldn't go make a tundycentral website, would you?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor

a respectable answer. You wouldn't go make a tundycentral website, would you?
    Is that thing still up?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast