1.    #1  
    I just checked their Web site, and I can't believe my eyes...

$29.99 for 10 MB, or
    $49.99 for unlimited transfer

...and that does not include the regular cell phone minutes.

Is that correct, or am I reading something wrong? That sounds extremely expensive, considering how much I'll probably use it; 2-3 days/month.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Love my Sprint PCS...
    I believe they are trying to keep the pricing similiar to the Blackberry unlimited data plans. Because this is standard Blackberry pricing.
    The real killer with the Verizon data plans is this: I have an old Kyocera 6035 smartphone. Yes its old, but it does what I need it to do. At the time I purchased this phone (1999) there was no separate charge for data. You just dialed a number and it was tacked onto the minutes used. If I want to surf the web on my ancient phone, I can at no charge. If I want to upgrade to a new phone (which I do want to do) I will have to start paying for data access... seems wrong to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsaxton
    The real killer with the Verizon data plans is this: I have an old Kyocera 6035 smartphone. Yes its old, but it does what I need it to do. At the time I purchased this phone (1999) there was no separate charge for data. You just dialed a number and it was tacked onto the minutes used. If I want to surf the web on my ancient phone, I can at no charge. If I want to upgrade to a new phone (which I do want to do) I will have to start paying for data access... seems wrong to me.

Same here. I got the 6135 in March of '99, and then got the 7135 three years ago. Both had free dial up internet (charge for minutes used according to plan). When I upgraded to a new plan they changed to charging me for data. I went to the Treo 600 with the unlimited plan and was lucky enough to only have it 15 days when the 650 came out, so was able to change. I don't know why I can't dial into an internet service provider without paying their data fee, but I have to admit, I love the high speeds and almost instant access of their national access plan.
    Hey RickMG... I know its off topic, but what MG do you have? I have a 1972 B.

End of off topic post. Sorry folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsaxton
    Hey RickMG... I know its off topic, but what MG do you have? I have a 1972 B.

End of off topic post. Sorry folks.

PM sent.