1.    #1  
    I have a 1 gig sd card. I have lots of apps, but I put everything that can run from the card ONTO it. I can't figure out why I only have 4 meg available and that has dwindled down from about 6.9 in the last week.. What is taking up all of my space?? I hate to play dumb, but I really have no idea what I'm doing (or even how to begin a search on the matter) when looking in FileZ or file manager in Zlauncher.. I also don't know what I can and can't delete safely. Any help is appreciated.

Bek

Good God, I just found that I had a dictionary on the handheld to the tune of 6 meg.. I used zlauncher to move it to the card - but when I exited zlauncher and looked through the delete option on palm's menu it was there! I just deleted it and my memory went to 11 meg.. I guess my question is how do I put something like this on the sd card since that's where I want to store something HUGE like this..? When I try to do it via HotSync I can't find it once it's on the card..

Help
    Last edited by Bekktek; 06/22/2005 at 11:28 AM.
    Yep...
    In Zlauncher deleting is not enough.
    Once you delete an app with Zlauncher the second step is to delete it from the trash bin. Only then will it be removed from RAM or wherever you have it.

One option with the dictionary is to just hotsync it to RAM since you have enough space and then move it to the card using Zlauncher...
    or..

Hotsync it to the card... it should go right into the Palm/Launcher directory. Then using Zlauncher, create a shortcut.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Yep...
    In Zlauncher deleting is not enough.
    Once you delete an app with Zlauncher the second step is to delete it from the trash bin. Only then will it be removed from RAM or wherever you have it.

One option with the dictionary is to just hotsync it to RAM since you have enough space and then move it to the card using Zlauncher...
    or..

Hotsync it to the card... it should go right into the Palm/Launcher directory. Then using Zlauncher, create a shortcut.
    The first option is how I put the dictionary on in the first place.. and apparently it didn't actually put it on the SD card?... Once it goes to the Palm/Launcher folder, do I find it in there and tap/hold to create a shortcut ? It's frustrating to really not know the structure well enough to know what I can mess with and what I can't.. lol...

Thanks..
    Bek
    have u looked in info from the application menu?

it has a size option, that tells you how much space a given app is taking up?

also, do u surf the web? maybe cashe is big?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.