Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    If you put your cursor at the beginning or end of a word and press shift+backspace, it deletes the entire word. I never knew this. I always wanted to do forward-delete but can't because I thought backspace is only used to backward-delete.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Do you have a 650 or a 600?
    WOW, amazing .... now no more annoying double triple!

Thanks
    Hey, some like double-triple... others like double-double... it's a Canadian thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emy_77
    If you put your cursor at the beginning or end of a word and press shift+backspace, it deletes the entire word. I never knew this. I always wanted to do forward-delete but can't because I thought backspace is only used to backward-delete.
    Can we consolidate these threads? I think this belongs here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66709

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Can we consolidate these threads? I think this belongs here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66709
    Agreed.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I'm glad it was posted separately. I have been ignoring that long thread for some time.

In my experience, once a thread has more than 20-30 messages, it starts to wander all over the place, with off-topic posts, jokes, long discussions about specific quirks. Becomes boring.

I bet most readers do the same thing as I do...

I have no solutions .. I'm just happy that this was posted this way originally.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    In my experience, once a thread has more than 20-30 messages, it starts to wander all over the place, with off-topic posts, jokes, long discussions about specific quirks. Becomes boring.
    I'll give you that. How 'bout we at least move it to the 650 hardware catagory. These neat "features" are built into the hardware. IMHO a "utillities" item would be something like a backup manager, or an uninstall program.

Just a thought.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I'll give you that. How 'bout we at least move it to the 650 hardware catagory. These neat "features" are built into the hardware. IMHO a "utillities" item would be something like a backup manager, or an uninstall program.

Just a thought.
    Works on the 600 too (thanks for posting the new thread emy_77, otherwise I may have never known about it).
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    yep, mine is treo 600 too. I've owned it for more than a year already and never knew it could do this. Made me wonder whether additional softwares I installed are the reason why this is enabled. Like maybe installing fieldplus and treonavtext cause this to happen.
    Perhaps, although might it just be built in? I've only had mine a few months and don't have any text-related apps other than KeyCaps600, and the shift+backspace thing even works with that disabled. Rejoice, all!
    Quote Originally Posted by emy_77
    I just tested it on my 650 and it works ANYWHERE in the word - you don't have to be at the begining or end of a word. Great - thanks emy_77!